User Tag List

Thread: trustscience44 - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trustscience44 - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    trustscience44
    Character Name?
    Larva (709)
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    xeno job ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    griffith78
    Total Ban Duration
    Remaining Duration
    What other servers do you play on?
    world server
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    cm
    Reason for Ban
    You have been banned by griffith78.
    Reason: As a larva ran to the front and died after saying: [12:42:33]SAY: Larva (709)/Trustscience44 : BATTLE LARVA.

It says Job Banned but it is also a timed ban.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    This was a developer test round with a spawning pool which instantly brought back dead xenos. Dying as a xeno during this test has no consequences. I don't think this admin was aware of the test that was going on nor were they aware of the spawning pool. They never spoke to me.

You emerge from the spawn pool, reborn!
    You emerge from the spawn pool, reborn!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't someone please look at this.

Banned for dying, while I'm alive as a drone, because I used the spawning pool. Seriously, the spawning pool that gives you infinite larva, really??

A system where suiciding is encouraged for hive progress, infinite larva spawn, where you suicide to build, the actual devs said the hives survival depends on figuring it out(the new systems), why is someone ban for using the mechanics that were put in the game for 30 minutes ago, no documentation no talking to?

I died like 5 times as a larva, then evolved into a healer drone. That is when I got banned and job banned. bruhhhh

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, trustscience44, you were banned per my recommendation as you deliberately suicided as a larva. Regardless of the test in place our rules remain. You cannot suicide as a larva and it WILL get you banned. Not only did you do this deliberately, you did it numerous times within the space of five minutes.
    As for the enacted procedure I apologise if you were not contacted and will ensure it does not occur again.
    Pleasant day to you.

Addendum:
    I have spoken with the Moderator that placed the initial ban, and apologise on their behalf for not contacting you. Due to your respawning numerous times they were unable to PM you via the usual method and therefore believed you had disconnected.
    Last edited by forest2001; 09-16-2019 at 11:38 PM.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does that make any sense?

"You died 50 times as a larva in 5 minutes?" and uh, okay?? Clearly it doesn't fucking matter anymore huh??"

I suicided as larva and affected what exactly?
    Also suicide implies I didn't cause mass friendly-fire, which you can do now as larva.

Spent some time alive as a healer drone that was healing the hive, Looks like I'm using the new suicide mechanics as intended, since death does not matter.

Infinite larva, no consequences to death, how does a larva dying affect anything or anyone at all?
    Infinite. Larva.

Why test these things live on the playerbase if you are going to ban specifically for using new suicide systems that you put in place, new systems that you coded.
    No documentation, You could have just fucking messaged me and said "OH HEY you can't attack as a larva even though you are immortal now and theres infinite larva oh and death doesn't matter but hey whatever you still can't be a battle larva because", and I wouldn't have caused so much friendly-fire charging in as a battle-larva. That makes people feel used, feel like shit, Why would anyone want to test this new stuff out if they can get fucked over with a 7day ban for engaging in the new systems?

Why was it even coded like that if suiciding wasn't intended?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Dev features are not "Suicide Mechanics" just because there are new features in a Dev round, does not mean the rules go out the window.

There are a finite number of xeno slots per round, you taking a slot and keeping that from anyone else for the purpose of just suiciding as a larva is not what is intended.

The mod who banned you has been spoken to about communicating with the player if possible whilst dealing with ahelps and investigations. But this appeal is being denied. Rules don't vanish just because of dev test rounds and if you are unclear of anything, Ahelp before doing it to get clearance or confirmation of rules.

Resolved. Denied.
    Wolfgang Schneider - CO, CL
    Roscoe Barrett - CMP, MP, Spec
    Joshua - Synthetic
    Zathar-Veraz - Yautja
    Xenomorph - L-0-RD
    Ex Badmin Manager