User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interest Check: Roleplayer of the month.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interest Check: Roleplayer of the month.

So since I've taken over as Mod Manager, I've gotten many different DMs from various community members and staff members on the state of roleplay.
    Some think we've let our roleplay standards drop. However I get DMs from people arguing that they feel this is more of a Team Death Match server, and they don't want to roleplay.

Until it changes, we are a Medium Roleplay server, but at the same time, I understand there are groups of players who just want to shoot aliens until dead. But there are other players who want us to treat this as a HIGH ROLEPLAY server and have the mod team enforce it hard.

I want to find the happy balance, and I've always said I don't care if PFC IMARINE wants to *dab on aliens that he shoots and kills. But at the same time we have roleplayers who really put the effort in, and it goes un-noticed.

A certain person told me they think we should do something to encourage roleplay, and suggested we bring back positive notes. However, I feel with positive notes in the end if someone breaks a rule, they shouldn't be shown special leniency as if someone did the same violation and had no positive notes. I'd rather reward people with something they can show.

Roleplayer of the month would be something to show an achievement.

It would be open to any player that can be nominated by anyone else.

RPer of the month would be picked by one of two ways

1. Players are nominated for RPer of the month the last week of the month in a forum thread. Various staff and a manager (Me probably) will then get together and discuss the nominees, and that person will be picked.

2. A public vote where players will be picked by everyone via forum poll.

Disclaimer: All candidate will be vetted and we will check their logs for the month, so there is no favoritism or the community is trying to vote someone as a meme. If it's obvious there was favoritism and someone doesn't meet the requirements, another winner would be picked.

If someone wins, they will be rewarded with possibly the following:
    Custom forum title
    Custom OOC color ala Donator with a special tag: IE [R] CKEY or [RP] CKEY

A person may win only so often so everyone gets a fair shot. After a certain amount of time the tag and OOC color will go away so the person would strive to get it again.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will never work

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lmao no

but we should reward for most ahelps to those who kepe this place a clean, christian server ; )
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda good idea, but instead of one guy getting the "prize", just create a pool of players who RP good, who RP despite being PFC's, who have even filled medical, employment and security records etc.
    This will also help You, admemes to roll the dice with events on people who won't always go fastest way.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Blood View Post
    This will never work
    I think it's ok to be critical of something, but we should gather more data before we say it's not going to work.

Edit: I for one think this is a good idea that can be implemented at 0 cost and risk, and most importantly it promotes RP, something to which I am a huge proponent of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Favoritism, meme-voting and elitism will come if this thing would be implemented. The idea to reward good RP'ers is, however, a great one.

The easiest way to reward good RP, especially good CL RP, is by ensuring that their faxes are replied. The easiest way to do this is by creating a new role, that of a Wey-Yu Upper Executive: Practically, a person who is in charge of fax replies, and who can give small objectives to the Liaison. The Executive should first check the objectives with Staff via ahelps and discuss them.
    The Executive would be found on the ERT station, and, to ensure their quality, the role could be whitelisted, or simply held to greater RP standards. Creating this role would put less pressure on Staff to provide answers to CL's, and the CL's could actually expect replies.

Regarding good RP from other roles, I feel that the best reward would simply be a positive note; this note should not promote Favoritism, rather, this should indicate that the person is a good RP'er and that it would be a good idea to pick them for an event character, if they desire to be one.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    The Executive should first check the objectives with Staff via ahelps and discuss them.
    That's just gonna get ignored like 90% of CL faxes, bet.

Regarding good RP from other roles, I feel that the best reward would simply be a positive note; this note should not promote Favoritism, rather, this should indicate that the person is a good RP'er and that it would be a good idea to pick them for an event character, if they desire to be one.
    Definitely agree, I think getting picked more for events would be good motivation to RP more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will never work because it would basically be a popularity contest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who is here 60% for the RP and 40% for the game itself I am in full support of this.

I'll need to ramp up my CL game though...

Favoritism, meme-voting and elitism will come if this thing would be implemented. The idea to reward good RP'ers is, however, a great one.

The easiest way to reward good RP, especially good CL RP, is by ensuring that their faxes are replied. The easiest way to do this is by creating a new role, that of a Wey-Yu Upper Executive: Practically, a person who is in charge of fax replies, and who can give small objectives to the Liaison. The Executive should first check the objectives with Staff via ahelps and discuss them.
    The Executive would be found on the ERT station, and, to ensure their quality, the role could be whitelisted, or simply held to greater RP standards. Creating this role would put less pressure on Staff to provide answers to CL's, and the CL's could actually expect replies.

Also unless it changed aren't mods usually the ones giving the minor fax objectives right now? I know admins are the only ones allowed to assign serious or potential antagonist missions. Speaking from experience though, I don't think this will increase the number of faxes replied to, and that your suggested role likely wouldn't get played very often. CLs send on average three or four faxes a round unless they get a response or things get seriously real, and that's not a lot for the executive to do if they aren't interested in playing ball. And even if they the CL DOES do their job well and fax often they'll still only send so many before being assigned a mission that will keep them busy for a while, further limiting the options of whomever is stuck on the ERT station. I'm not sure if there is an easy fix for this, but I don't think replies to faxes should be expected regardless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brug solider just enforce the rules as before where everything was normal...