User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Expected Contact RP Test

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have previous knowledge of Mr. Wiggles and his location?
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vispainius View Post
    Yeah based on Discord and what I've heard there and here...

It sounds like either the Devs are gonna have to change the maps/sides up to basically make metarushes not a thing anymore at all or... the mods will have to crack down on a period of CM where marines begin metarushing cause, "Muh Swift Victory" and "I meta know xenos are in caves so nothing stops me meta rushing it."

Just a thought.
    I think instead of changing the maps or telling staff to start enforcing metarush bans, xenos should just be designed to make a metarush virtually nonviable. The XSS are a pretty good step in the right direction. I'd like to see more defensive structures like the egg morpher or stronger round start xenos instead.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean marines can land earlier to save survivors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLoko View Post
    Question for the CL:

Parting from the principle that the Marines know about this new xenomorph species from the start, and that The Company��� was responsible for causing the events of the previous movies. Why the marines just don't skin the CL alive at start of every round?
    Because "It wasn't us this time! This is just a random coincidence! I swear!"

More seriously, I don't think that it really got out there in universe that The Company was responsible. Lots of people realize that they're shady, but all of those ships blew up and all of those colonies went silent. Survivors weren't really allowed to talk about their experiences due to NDAs, and it's the 80s so social media wasn't really a thing for survivors to spread the word on. I imagine that the marines actually don't know that the company was involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLoko View Post
    Question for the CL:

Parting from the principle that the Marines know about this new xenomorph species from the start, and that The Company��� was responsible for causing the events of the previous movies. Why the marines just don't skin the CL alive at start of every round?
    "Hey, your experiments killed that whole colony!"
    "Our company makes your guns, armor, ship, fuel, food, medication, Synths, soda, and cigarettes. Those experiments are to make a killing machine that we can send into battle instead of you."
    "Fair enough."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    Does this mean marines can land earlier to save survivors
    That's already a thing that happens, just don't see too many Command Staff/POs going for it. Delta's a common candidate for early landings.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are not allowed to spearhead all/most squads into the caves during touchdown to attempt to kill the Xeno hive. This is to prevent the round from ending right away, rendering the whole round pointless for a lot of players. There is no set time limit or required plan and a swift victory does not mean it was a rush, but don't be that guy.

lol what? literally makes no sense. Dont metarush, but theres no metarush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impressions: The freedom to say "xeno", "xenomorph" and its assorted castes makes marines look like children when their parents let them swear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was hoping this would happen eventually, thank god

if some stupid shit happens please just tweak this instead of reverting it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, hopefully a bit easier on the moderation end against newer players too.