User Tag List

Thread: konaco - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

konaco - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Konaco
    Character Name?
    larva
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    Xeno
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    ThesoldierLLJK
    Total Ban Duration
    No idea.
    Remaining Duration
    No idea.
    What other servers do you play on?
    None, I have played just CM for years.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Nope
    Reason for Ban
    I reported a staff member for accusing me of 'combat larvaing' which I felt was far from the truth. I lost my temper on the mod calling him stupid, and explained that I had spawned in a cave as larva crawling with marines. I was trying to run around so I could evolve. I'm not sure how I could fight as a larva so I thought the accusation was unjust, So I made a staff report.

Refer to this post here: //showthrea...eport-Challade

I tried to defend myself but the thread was locked.

https://i.imgur.com/FrIg9Bx.png

ThesoldierLLJK says "Since you want to push the issue I will go ahead and apply a xeno job ban now.

So what he's saying is that by 'pushing the issue', I am basically being punished for making a staff report. Smooth, why would anyone ever make a staff report if they're going to be chastised for it? It just seems like mods trying to look after their own. I was told that there was 80 seconds between me spawning and being shot. That's really not a long time, and when I was finally able to evolve I was being hunted by marines. Infact, I was being hunted the entire time.

Look, I'm really sorry I lost my cool. I should not have acted the way I did.. AT ALL. I'm sorry to Challade for calling you stupid. I'm sorry for TheSoldierLLJK for arguing with you on Discord. If I were thinking rationally, NEITHER would have been acceptable. I hope you two understand that I didn't have ill intentions, and that I wouldn't have gone through all this trouble if I actually DID intend to break any rules.

For better, and for worse; I've learned my lessons:

- Don't disrespect a mod, they are above you.
    - If I spawn as a xeno at the end of a round, just die instantly. You''re intentions might be misread by people observing you.
    - Never ever make a staff report.
    - And most importantly, don't disrespect a mod; this isn't a democracy.

I love this game with all my heart. I'm doing pretty good in life now, but two years ago I was in a really dark place before I found CM. I know how much the staff try for this game, and the reason why they take the flak they get is because they love the game even more than I could.. that's why they dedicate so much of their time and effort into the integrity of this community. Unfortunately, in the heat of things, its easy to forget the good in everyone.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/a. Never been job banned.
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright.

The trial moderator didn�t note or jobban you which is usually what happens for combat larva violations.

Now that being said mods �are not above anyone.� But your attitude calling a moderator stupid is not going to fly. People were DMing asking me �why wasn�t this guy banned.� We get it you were angry however if a mod bwoinks you, there�s no need to insult the mod. You can be polite 100 thousand different ways to say �hey man I didn�t intentionally combat larva this is why.�

Challade is a trial moderator and is learning. If you really want to get down to brass tacks, he technically did do something wrong by not noting you. However I give my mods full discretion. Report a staff member are not salt reports, they�re for if a staff member abuses powers or makes a legitimate or negligent mistake in enforcement of the rules. This was not a case.

My staff members are not punching bags for people to point and say �LOOK HES HARRASSING ME� if you ever see a staff member actually abuse their powers, yes report it.

That being said, I am going to give you a cooling off period for a day.

I will remove the jobbans tomorrow.