Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add a new rule on MegaFobs roundstart

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add a new rule on MegaFobs roundstart

Okay after seeing the fifty million MegaFobs I can say two things about them. What makes them different from a metarush? It literal the metarush for defence. It main strat is to force a quick siege by aliens or never get caps. Now why would in any RP reason the CO not try to claim the colony? It is there main mission. Two it is not a fun thing for any party. No one wants to sit a FOB for 3 hours and be forced to do nothing. Aliens don't want to attack Fort Knox for no good reason.

What can add insult to injury is FORCING marines to stay in the MegaFob even if aliens are low on numbers. That really needs to end were if marines out number the aliens at either 8 or 10 to 1 they have to push rather then aliens be forced to suicide into cades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we talked about this awhile back during when the xenos were way too powerful actually and MegaFOBs were the only chance of not dying in 30 minutes to them.

Basically, at least my view, was that you can do a MEGAFOB but not more than 3 squads. You, the XO or CO, still have to least try and scout the colony with minimum one squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines have to do something. If they are actively restricted from exploring the map due to things like fog and shutters and everything on their side of the map is vacant, what do you expect them to do?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidChan View Post
    Marines have to do something. If they are actively restricted from exploring the map due to things like fog and shutters and everything on their side of the map is vacant, what do you expect them to do?
    Mega fob mega fob doesn�t even have scouting or anything, it is from landing to evac just building a FOB

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Okay after seeing the fifty million MegaFobs I can say two things about them. What makes them different from a metarush? It literal the metarush for defence. It main strat is to force a quick siege by aliens or never get caps. Now why would in any RP reason the CO not try to claim the colony? It is there main mission. Two it is not a fun thing for any party. No one wants to sit a FOB for 3 hours and be forced to do nothing. Aliens don't want to attack Fort Knox for no good reason.

What can add insult to injury is FORCING marines to stay in the MegaFob even if aliens are low on numbers. That really needs to end were if marines out number the aliens at either 8 or 10 to 1 they have to push rather then aliens be forced to suicide into cades.
    So what really counts as "MegaFOB"? Two layers of cades? Three layers of cades? FOB stretching out of the LZ?

Nobody is really forcing marines to stay in FOB, there is no magical power that keeps them inside cades, there is no OOC rule to stay inside.
    At this point we are in ridiculous situation where marines get talked shit for Rushing and for Turtling.
    MegaFOB, whatever it might be, is completly different than MetaRush. While rush aims at quick death of benos and "successful" metarush achieves end of the round fast and leaves a big chunk of marines to never experience combat in that round.
    MegaFOB on the other hand lets everyone to fight a bit.

Why marines are being told to stay at FOB even if inaccurate and once a blue moon ARES scan shows that there is less than 10 benos? Because It's sure as hell that if they don't stay there, they will be picked off as they have to sweep the land in search of benos and one robust one is enough to end their lifes. It also gives benos a bit of breathing room so that they can mature a bit, give burrowed and hosts time to burst etc.

How do you "force" benos to do a quick siege? Outside of Admemes, nobody can do it... And nuke. But:
    a) You won't get nuke if you aren't controlling most of the map already.
    b) If you control most of the map already, benos are low on numbers.
    c) If benos are low on numbers, nobody will build more cades, or even bother with nuke.

When marines outnumber benos 8, or 10 to 1, then there is how many benos exactly? If there is 50 combat marines, then 5 benos have basically no chance to win outside of DELALIENING. Maybe add a new rule on DELALIENING, huh?
    Why marines who menaged to defeat HEFA order and benos at once, are to be punished into sweeping whole area, being picked one by one? Forcing benos to die when they have 0 chance of winning outside of preloning round next 5 hours is the better way.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mega fob mega fob doesn�t even have scouting or anything, it is from landing to evac just building a FOB
    I don't know from where You got that definition of MegaFOB. It's usually just many layers of cades in a huge area outside LZ. Like cading LZ, whole Nexus and Hydro Road with Hydro on LV. Or Cades stretching from LZ1 to Bar and Excavation on ICE.
    What You are reffering to is PowerRush, where benos got the upper hand in first engagement and storm the LZ about 12:50 and Hijack Shuttle around 13:00. The only time marines build FOB just to evac. Otherwise I have never seen such round where CO ordered to build a megafob and then immediately evac without trying to establish foward base, or sending marines to scout to the furthest locations of a map - Where hives always are.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me cut to the chase I am talking when they make everything, IOS and tank included sit in FOB from round start and never push out because aliens have to attack even if it is 100 to 15. No sane man just megafob and not push when xenos are cut to 15.
    Last edited by Pigeon; 09-17-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me cut to the chase I am talking when they make everything, IOS and tank included sit in FOB from round start and never push out because aliens have to attack even if it is 100 to 15. No sane man just megafob and not push when xenos are cut to 15.
    I personally never saw such round. Maybe it happens during my working hours, however I doubt that it ever happened twice on the server (it may happened once for "lols", or something).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOBs can get pretty big, i admit, but if you cant assault it, maybe remember benos can move in ways marines cant.
    Melting walls, vent-crawl, tunnels, digging, pounce over unbarbed cades, so on.

If you are trying to run towards the three-cade thick line, why do you think your ass is getting whooped?

As for MegaFOBs......
    I mean yeah, once we built cades all the way from Medidome, through Hydro, along Hydro Road, through Nexus and all the way to LZ1
    But it was only 2 cades thick, max, in Hydro, because meta.

Had the queen been smarter and brought more crushers and boilers, she could`ve slaughtered LZ1 instead of trying to crack Hydro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rulings on tactics would make the game notoriously dull.

You may not like these tactics but you don't have to follow the Captains orders unless youre a Sl