User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the absolute state of ravs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the absolute state of ravs

So I dont care much for ravs and I'll try to give my unbiased take on them.

Base strain
    Ok so we got empower, which gives a health bonus. How much? Who the fuck knows? I'll get back to you when I have a few hours to flush down the toilet as I die again and again to see if this is worthless or not. No other skills so there is not much going for the base strain. You have a kinda slow xeno with average health, countered by marines walking backwards.

Hedgehog strain
    You can shoot bones. I am not sure if this does anything, the cooldown is kinda long and I've never seen anyone go down to it and it doesn't hurt the tank. I guess it's a way to pass time until you are ancient so you dont die during a single room-wide HEDP stun. Spinslash is good on the other hand. I guess this is the best strain at the moment.

Veteran strain
    So the nerf put old rav charge into this strain except you dont have armor because ravs were too strong or something? The charge would be good if most better than average marines would not dodge it, but they do. If you miss your charge you basically committed suicide in a fancy way as you are next to a bunch of marines who can kill you even if you slice the shit out of them, as I have seen marines stand up a few moments after being de-legged and keep buckshotting. With the charge on cooldown you have a xeno that is, once again, fully countered by walking backwards and shooting.

Keep in mind that ravagers barely have any evasion so not only are they slower than their smaller sisters, it is also enough to vaguely shoot in their direction to kill them.
    Ancient Rav is actually playable because it has speed so you dont have every PFC styling on you.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hedgehog is epic, the rest are garbage. All ravs until elder are too slow. Weed changes make it a pain to play anything that isn't fast cause you have no weed and are slow as hell off weed. That pretty much sums it up imo.

They shouldn't have given base rav empower to increase HP they should have made base rav increase its speed when its around marines or getting shot. Then it could get in and out to do some work.

Old rav (veteran) got nerfed when it wasn't even good to begin with, no explanation needed. Make it tankier then it will be good enough.

edit: oh I forgot one other thing ravs feel tanky with full armor but their armor is too easily shredded and it never comes back cause it regens so slow. Once they have no armor they are all squishy piles of shit that cant do anything.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 09-17-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ravagers just suffer from a complete lack of speed. In theory their pounce/charge should give them some but since they do so little damage without it they are locked in to using their charge offensively then limping back into cover before a M41A boy guns them down.

Everything a Ravager does a lurker does better, with the one exception of fire-resistance.

It's an assassin that can't hide/cloak.
    It's a harasser with low speed.
    It's a Tier 3 with little health.
    It's a ranged sniper with too little damage and too long a cooldown.

Unless your facing an ungodly amount of fire Ravagers just aren't worth the slot.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yall keep talking like hedgehog sucks, I just had 16 kills and thats a down game. hedgehog is beast as fuck.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    yall keep talking like hedgehog sucks, I just had 16 kills and thats a down game. hedgehog is beast as fuck.
    This because you are atleast decent beno, most of the benomains are even less robust that admemes as preds. Hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the friendly resident MADICK main and SG on occasion, i tell ya

Hedge Ravs, are, hell
    Shrapnel damages you with each step, and with the typical unga rocking light/med, they are gonna move, alot, its not unusual to have a guy crack his EVERYTHING within 10 seconds of getting embedded.
    Next off, most ungas are too stupid to understand the whole knife thing.
    Third off.

Git gud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I ain't a great beno, I will be the first to say that. But when I have played rav for the past few weeks I have been doing good. I still take me my fill of hands and feet, and I use the veteran strain to do it.
    I like to jump in and steal me some hands.

I think this is just a case benos mad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really, the only good rav is hedgehog. Even then if it gets grenade spammed it'll die like every other xeno bar crusher/queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Base Rav: Good damage and good health and armor in general only issue is the fact that it's a MELEE ONLY focused caste that's slower than a marine in heavy armor so you can literally never hit anyone unless they're really bad and you'll just get kited to hell and back, only hits youll ever get are corner slashs and during queen screech right now base rav is just a joke.

Hedgehog: The only viable option for rav right now, Extremely tanky has a nice ranged attack via shrapnel which is a pain in the ass for the marines and aoe tailswipe which is also extremely strong.

Vet ravager: Nerfed from its glory days now it has no armor and is a walking wet paper bag, the moment you miss your charge or decide to charge anyone further than 3 tiles away from a corner you can expect to kiss your match good bye because you're about to die in two m41 bursts, EXTREMELY squishy with little reward, absolutely needs a buff because as it stands every single time you go for a charge attack you're risking your life because of how easy it is to kill you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Base rav is really really good when you are with other xenos that can let you close the gap.