User Tag List

Thread: gy1ta23 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gy1ta23 - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Gy1ta23
    Character Name?
    Charles Paynter
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    CT/RO
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Loco52
    Total Ban Duration
    Forever
    Remaining Duration
    Forever?
    What other servers do you play on?
    TG, AA13, paradise
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    TG
    Reason for Ban
    Telling a marine to roll his sleeves up for line service
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    Hello, I�m gy1ta23. Welcome to my tedX talk.

I want to say something before the actual appeal, a preamble or introduction of sorts:
    Mods mad. This sentence, nay, this.. this MAXIM, this is the essence of the CM-SS13 community. It�s even more recognizable than the screeches of xenos mad, it�s even more recognizable than �the floors are salt�, the vile venom silently eating away at the lighthearted fun and the roleplay that is the simple essence of the state of Colonial Marines. Mods mad.

Alas, I am not a man for philosophy or rambling. I am sure you fine people would like to know why I think I should have my job ban removed. And before I can get to that, I must talk about the circumstances surrounding the job ban. Proper context is always important, you see, and I strive to show the circumstances in the most unbiased way possible.

I was doing my duties as requisitions officer, protecting and upholding a standard of professionalism to the best of my ability as I always do. You see, I believe the USCM is a professional military organization and thus I strive to instill into the marines an appropriate amount of professional attitude. A private first class, a delta private first class I believe, came up to the line with rolled up sleeves. I told my cargo technician to deny them, as they had rolled up sleeves. My plan was for the cargo technician to tell them to roll their sleeves up, which he did. However, I then realized that I ordered the cargo technician to deny them, and as a man of my word, I unfortunately at that point had to deny the marine.

At this point a moderator questioned me about the incident. Loco52, I believe. I�m not quite sure how our conversation went, but it was made clear that I was being discriminated against purely because I am a known advocate of high standards and discipline, which I find quite disturbing. Can a man not enforce standards in this day and age? Their round wasn�t even being fucked with, all they had to do was roll up their sleeves or not charge into combat without even a cap.

I believe I�m getting off track again. As I was saying, the moderator (Loco52, as previously stated) clearly discriminated against me, and afterwards banned me from cargo technician and requisitions officer. I do not see how this job ban was justified. Sure, yeah, the move was a bit dickish, but it was icly valid. My character (Charles Paynter, that is) is a staunch advocate of high standards. Are rolled up sleeves, uncovered heads and poor drill discipline really the mark of a professional corps? No, not at all. It�s really a shame, truly, that enforcement of proper drill can end up in a ban like this.

In closing, all I really have to say is this. I think I at least deserve to know why I got job banned for a department I�ve specialized in for 2 years over a minor infraction. Thank you for your time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Gy1ta23:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello gy1ta23,

There is roleplay, and then there is griefing. Griefing goes against roleplay. It is not realistic. In real life, people that nitpick laws, rules and regulation to annoy others get punched, ostracized, imprisonned or fired by those that have power over them.
    Then there are video games. Humans are making impressive progress with virtual reality technologies, but all the multiplayer video games you will find have strong limits to the realism or roleplay you can experience, due to mechanical restricitions. CM-SS13 is not an exception.
    Then there are server rules. Two of them are relevant to this appeal:
    Don�t be a dick - Harassment, racism, bigotry, homophobia, exploiting bugs, cheating, hacking, and just plain being an asshole.
    No griefing - Griefing is the intent of one player wanting to cause grief or annoyance to other players or the server without a valid roleplay reason.

Your behavior during that round clearly went against both of these rules. Logs show your intent was to annoy other players before anything else. Protecting and upholding a standard of professionalism, and instilling into the marines an appropriate amount of professional attitude is something you can do without ruining the experience of other players, does not require griefing, and does not justify griefing (or, as it is commonly called on the internet, "being a dick").

Like on most SS13 servers, your note history is used by staff to adjust the punishments they decide to give you. It is standard procedure, not discrimination. If you truly believe a staff member has an unjustified bias against you that lead them to treat you wrongly, please file a staff report.

Finally, it should be stated that your opinion on the "essence" of CM-SS13 is not relevant to this appeal.

This appeal is denied.

You look like a generally good player that crosses the line a little too often when he has a fun idea or gets bored. I hope you stick around and appeal at a later date.

Resolved - Denied.