Byond ID?
    RDashie

CM Character?
    Monika Night, or Yoshia Shiga

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT -5; Central Time

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Every day past 5 PM; Tuesdays and Thursdays I have college classes until then, otherwise im open prior to 5pm on every other day of the week

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I have some SS13 staff experience; mainly mentorship on Citadel Station, and a mapper on a few projects in the community; and am currently (at the time of writing) pending mapper applications for IS12 Warfare and Lebensraum. Continued in 'anything else'.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    IS12 Warfare, Lebensraum, Citadel Station 13 (rarely)

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    None. I think I may have a job ban appeal floating around from several years ago from doing field surgery as a squad medic back when I was new. It was granted within the next day.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    None; same as before.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Mentor for Citadel Station 13; pending mapper for IS12 and Lebensraum (as of writing this)

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Technically received a job ban from Squad Medic pending appeal, but I appealed within the hour and it was granted withing the next day.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Same as prior.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely. I have no issues with this. Admittedly I may be quiet in general channels, but I understand the need for staff communication, and will gladly do so as needed.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would question both sides, meaning the shooter and arresting officer, especially if I did not witness the event myself. If another staff member DID witness it, I would asked them as well. Once both sides have been questioned, I would determine if it was deliberate "minging" or "griefing" and provide an appropriate punishment, however, if it is NOT deemed either of those things, I would allow it to remain an IC issue, and allow the MPs and crew to take care of it themselves.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I would investigate both sides, taking a statement from the player and how they believe the code was violated, and bring it up with the offending Predator. I will take their side, and see if there were any other witnesses in the staff online. If the predator WAS determined to have broken the honour code, I would bring up the validity of their whitelisting to other admins (if it is a repeat offense, that is) and deliver an appropriate punishment to the Predator in question. If the player is objectively wrong that the code was even violated in the first place, however, I will inform them how it is not wrong, showing them the honour code and explaining why it is not breaking said code, and then close the ticket.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would send them a PM asking if they would like some assistance or guidance on how to get started, and if they would like me to guide them on how to get started. I would tell them about all of the basics, such as eating, gearing up, and how to get down to the planet, before suggesting they stick with their Squad Leader and leave them to enjoy the round.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would politely remind him of the rules on conduct, before asking if there is an Admin available to speak with them, in order to accommodate their request. If there is not, I would inform him that I am currently the highest ranking staff member available to speak with him, and if he would like, he could either ping back at a later time, or allow me to help him with his issue, as both I, and the higher admins, are expected to have the same level of knowledge when it comes to ruling, and how the server is supposed to be run. I would also most likely leave a staff note about their rude behavior, and that they were very impolite in their ahelps.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would thank the player for the report, and PM the 'John Doe' in question, informing that his name is not appropriate according to the RP standards of the server, and provide him a link the where it says so in the rules. I would ask him if there is another name they would like me to change them to instead, and if not, I will come up with a generic name for them and replace it. If he is seen again with the same name, not having changed it after the round, I would remind them again, and change it. On the third time of them being seen with the unchanged name, I would give them a short ban citing the RP rules, and that they are required to change their name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would PM the MT and ask them why they have the armour and rifle. If they do not provide a valid reason I will have them return the armour and equipment to wherever they found it, as they do not have a reason to be carrying it, as the alert is not raised and there is no threat to him, or the ship. I would inform him that being equipped in such a manner is breaking the "meta-knowledge" rules. If he ignores my requests to remove his equipment I would either give him a round ban, or more, depending on how they were using the equipment. (Actively trying to fight compared to just sitting around armoured up)

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Personally, I am not entirely certain the rules on survivors being outright 'CLF' fighters in that manner. However, if I had to assume, it is not allowed. I would inform the survivor of such, and request he surrender to the Marines and admit mistake, or that he is misbehaving according to the rules, and provide him evidence as to where he is breaking the rules. As for the marine, if he has not been treated by medics at this point, I would ask higher staff if it is okay if I provide him/have him given an AHeal. This is one situation that, if I am granted moderatorship, I would request someone inform me more about the rules regarding this scenario, or ones like it.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would ask the player for the MP's name, and question said MP to see if there is more to the story than what the marine states. No matter what is said, I would suggest the MP reduce his sentence from a permanent one, as that is very extreme for such a minour crime. If the MP states that the marine BROKE in (Ie: smashing windows, etc) I would suggest him provide a moderate sentencing, however, if the Marine truly did run through the open door, take an attachment, and leave, I would suggest a short sentence, as it is simply petty theft. I would remind the MP that he is dealing with other players, and cannot ruin the fun of their round, even when dealing punishments.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I came up with two options: One, is providing a message to the CO or XO from High Command, reminding them of their objective to rescue the colony, and that hiding on the ship is "not becoming of the USCM forces" and that they are expected to complete the mission at all costs. Two: I would repeat a similar message as the Queen Mother, stating that they are shaming 'me' by being so cowardly to so few Tallhosts, and that I order them to make efforts to secure passage up to the Metal Bird over the planet. That would either have the aliens killed outright, or flip the round in their favour.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would not involve myself in the adminship aspect. I would keep MY issues IC. I would, however, request another moderator, or admin question the other medic on whether or not they A: know what they are doing and B: intentionally overdosed patients, and if so, why. I would allow the other moderators to manage the situation so my own personal judgments do not get in the way. I would provide my side as a player, and would hope the other medic does so as well.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would inform the player that unfortunately, it is not considered EORG as the two players are still enemies, even after the round ends. I would make sure they understand that the round does not end all hostilities, it just states that the objectives have been completed/are over. I would make sure the marine DOES know to be careful after the round ends, when it comes to shooting, as if he hit another marine there would be no questions asked and he would be provided a short ban, as per our rules, however he did NOT break any rules this time.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would thank the victim for the report, and question the marine running around committing the crimes. I would ask, much like before, if they would like guidance on how to gear up and get started. If they do not respond, or are doing so while already geared, I will ask them politely to stop, lest they be banned. If they do not stop, I will provide them with a short ban for griefing/minging at round start. If the griefer killed anyone, I would see to it that they are Ahealed, as they should not have their round ended before even dropping, when they did not bring it upon themself.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would take both sides of the arguement, evaluating the statements, and ask any questions of the other side necessary. I would inform the murderer that he should not shoot and kill the other marine over a simple punch, as these things often happen, and it was entirely possible that it was an accident. I would see if the murderer has a history of this kind of behavior, and if so, appropriate punishment would be dealt. If the puncher did NOT punch on accident (IE: Hitting them multiple times, or shouting at the other marine as they did so), and was trying to start a conflict, I would inform them that they did, slightly, bring it upon themself, and that there is nothing I can do for them. However, if they misclicked (IE: hit them one time and apologised or something) and punched the other marine, in turn being murdered for it, I would see about getting an aheal for the murdered marine, if the round has not gone on for too long, or medics are not already taking care of them.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would enlist the help of other staff members that are available to help take care of the mutiny, and I would try to find the "leader" and inform them that they need to have admin permission to mutiny, and that what they are doing can get them banned for breaking the rules (Showing them where it says this, of course) I would politely request they try to calm down the mutiny, and redirect the mob's attention to something else. If they ignore my requests, or continue anyways, I would give them a short ban for an improper mutiny/griefing, as well as warning any players that are actively contributing to the mutiny. I would most likely make a statement in OOC in a vauge manner, stating something akin to, "Reminder that all mutinies need admin approval, or else it is potentially bannable." that way I can reach all players, even those not directly involved in the mob itself.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would politely inform the players making the jokes that, "We are a community of many people of many different backgrounds, and if they could shift the jokes to another subject, it would greatly be appreciated, as I have received complaints about other players being upset, or offended about the jokes." If they do not cease, I will re-itterate my statement, saying that they could be considered harassing other players by continuing the jokes, and warn them of a round ban. If they do not stop, or they get worse with their racist jokes, I will give them a round ban. (Or a chat mute, if that's even a thing? I am not entirely certain if you can do that. If you can, that is the much better option.)

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Permaban. Aheal the victims and move on. Place a link to the forums for appeal in the ban message.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I would inform the player that this is considered soft griefing, and will result in a xeno ban until they re-read the rules on Xenomorphs. I will provide them a link to both the rules, and the forums to appeal their role ban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would remind the player of the rules on RP, and that it can result in a role ban from xenos, if they do not stop. I would again provide a link to the xeno rules in the message. If they do not stop I would role ban them from xenomorph, and provide them a link to the forums to appeal, and a link to the xenomorph rules, stating that they must read them before being unbanned. If they are a repeat offender, I would consider making the xeno ban un-appealable for a few days.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would inform the player that while it might not be in the best tastes of roleplay, it is not against the rules of Xenos in this particular case to call the dropship as it is. The other player has not broken any rules, and is simply being very low RP.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    According to the new rules on RP, I would inform the marine that this is perfectly acceptable to know that there are Aliens, however so long as the CO does not state WHAT the Xenos are, or what they can do (in detail; IE: Ravagers, Lurkers, Spitters, etc) it is not against the rules. I would also provide them a link to the change in rules on First Contact.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Personally, I do not believe the "lay down and stand ontop of another player" method is very high RP. This scenario depends a lot on context. If there were Xenos running down the hall, after the Marine, and they killed the other Marine to save themselves, I would say that it is, while rather crass, acceptable. However, if there is no pressing danger for the Marine and they kill another Marine for the spot, I would inform him of such, and that it is still unprovoked murder. I would have to ask them for a more detailed explanation on how they saw the situation, and make a judgement base on that if it was considered griefing or not. No matter what, I would suggest the marine either A: request a member of the escape pod climb into one of the freezers to make more room, if there is time to do so, or B: simply shove the other marine out of the way, (help intent pushing around) rather than outright kill them. This, while still crass and rude (in my opinion), is more realistic of what would actually happen in a scenario like that. (Thinking: The Titanic and people fighting for lifeboat seats, simply throwing others off the lifeboats to make room for themself) Over all, I do not think this player is breaking the rules, and is therefore safe from punishment unless there is no pressing danger and they murder the other marine when they could easily just ask for them to climb into the freezers.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    They are not breaking any rules, there is nothing to be done about it. I would possible defend myself as an individual in Dchat, perhaps re-itterating my points, but they are not breaking any rules by complaining. They are free to do so, as much as I may not agree with it.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would inform the player that unfortunately, there is nothing we, as admins, can do for him, as that is a risk he takes when going SSD on the planet, or in an unsecured area.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would state in admin/moderator chat the correction on the rules for said admin, and show them where they were wrong using the rules, and allow them to amend their mistake themselves once properly informed. If they do not amend it themselves I would handle the situation and inform the player correctly/amend the rule enforcement appropriately.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If it does not involve me, I would hold my tongue until after the round, or give my opinion on the matter on the forum post/inevitable appeal. Adding 'fuel to the fire' of an argument that I was not a part of in the first place is unprofessional, and can easily spiral out of control.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to contribute to this community, as I have played it for a very long time (Since the Apop days) and would like to give back in a way I believe possible.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Fairness, an ability to remain calm and collected even when dealing with belligerents, and the ability to be polite even when "being spit on" by those you are helping.

Anything else you
    Continuing my prior experience section at the top: I have experience as a chat moderator for a few Discord communities, mainly centered around D&D. Otherwise, I have experience as an "Officer" in a World of Warcraft RP guild called The Dragontooth League, and have been consistantly serving as an Officer (or admin, in plain terms) for about two years now.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers to some questions are a bit off, but before I get into detail, I am not sure if you're able to become staff here if you're staff on other SS13 servers. That would need clarification from mod manager.

Just to comment on some of the responses: mods don't deal with whitelist issues, the most you can do is collect evidence and tell them to player report. MT wearing shit on green is IC issue. Survivors are able to be hostile, and escalation doesn't apply to them if they choose to be hostile. If someone goes from a punch to guns that's improper escalation and OOC issue.

Also marines can't stack in pods as if there's more than 3, it explodes.

You seem to have the right attitude but I am gonna need clarification from the big man. I'd like to ask you some more questions if he okays being a staff other than here
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the quick response. I didn't realise that about whitelist issues; that isn't a problem for me, I just literally did not know. I appreciate the information. I do understand needing the approval and all. I figured I would try anyways, as it cant hurt to put forth the effort.

Im sure there are a few more things my answers would need in terms of "being properly correct" but I put what, to my knowledge of the position, seemed to be the best course of action as a moderator.
    Last edited by Mae; 09-18-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Typoes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure about you applying for several places at once. Other than that, decent application, albeit some mistakes in some answers. I have never seen you online and you joined our discord just now. You have around 50 hours clocked in last month, and less than 10 this month.
    In the meanwhile:

You notice two marines running around in perfect synch through the planet. You observe them for a good while, and they do not communicate once. This goes on for a few minutes, after that they proceed to kill themselves. What do you gather from this and how do you proceed?
    Last edited by Dorkkeli; 09-18-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the applications to multiple places at once, that was partially my own fault, and a long story short, me asking for source files for a mapping project I did for Harcourt got me talking to him and I offered to help make maps for Lebensraum while in the middle of applying to make maps for IS12 Warfare. The mentor position I have had for a while on Citadel.

As for the question; Its fairly obvious that it is some form of metacliquing or metacommunication. I'd remind them the rules on that, and inform them that if they keep it up, it can result in action being taken against them. If they ignore the warnings, I would round ban them, and inform them of the rules on metacliquing, again, and how it is considered metagaming. If they persist, I would increase punishment accordingly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And as for joining the Discord, it was a result of the application. I've actually been fairly preoccupied with Classic WoW this month, but now that I am off that kick I am playing a lot more SS13 in general.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, RDashie,
    Your applications to other servers have been discussed and we have no issues with you doing so, our only caveat is that you do not occupy rule enforcement positions on multiple servers.

In your application you did not give a definitive amount of time you can offer us. The minimum we require is 7h/week and 10 days a month.

I am unable to review your answers at the moment but will do so this evening.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I allow this to continue I just have a couple questions.

Are citadel Mentors considered a full staff role that can do rule enforcement if need be, or is it more of a goon like helper system?

Are you just making maps to contribute, or will you have powers to do rule enforcement on these projects?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for my time of availability, I am, in summary, available every day, at any time, EXCEPT for Tuesday and Thurdsay mornings, until about 3 PM Central Time. I am usually awake around 12pm Central Time on most other days.

As for rule enforcement, Mentors on Citadel are almost exact copies of the Goon helper system. They simply help new players learn the roles, where to go, what do to, etc. They have the ability to view what another player (that mhelps) is looking at, even when playing themselves, but beyond that they have no special powers. And the mapper position for IS12 Warfare and Lebensraum would not give me any in rule enforcement powers, though it is still considered a member of the staff on both servers. I would have access to staff channels, but not the ability to kick/ban/etc.. In short: Yes, they are staff positions and labeled as such, but I do not have any true 'admin' powers in game, or the ability to enforce rules. This would be my only true rule enforcement position on any server.
    Last edited by Mae; 09-18-2019 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Typoes; addendum to the Time question

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright ill let this to continue, I spoke about it with Grimcad. We don't see an issue for mapping as we allow our developers to develop for other servers at the moment. However if a conflict of interest does come up if you're accepted, we may have to resolve that.

This is open again for moderator feedback.