Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah sure +1

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, Quiz time cause I�ve advised you to play more as an XO but haven�t seen you playing Command roles at all, probably due to me being off tobe honest ... anyways here it goes:

Simple question but tricky

You are the CO of the Almayer. Before briefing, the TCs literally get the tank to the briefing room and destroy a part of the briefing area. The MPs intercept them and arrest both TCs on the charges of "Damage to Government Property" and they both get 30 minutes in the brig for it.

Meanwhile, you notice that you have almost no engineers and an MT was caught stealing stuff from the req and was charged with Theft and got arrested for 30 minutes.

What do you do in both situations and why?
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    Right, Quiz time cause I�ve advised you to play more as an XO but haven�t seen you playing Command roles at all, probably due to me being off tobe honest ... anyways here it goes:

Simple question but tricky

You are the CO of the Almayer. Before briefing, the TCs literally get the tank to the briefing room and destroy a part of the briefing area. The MPs intercept them and arrest both TCs on the charges of "Damage to Government Property" and they both get 30 minutes in the brig for it.

Meanwhile, you notice that you have almost no engineers and an MT was caught stealing stuff from the req and was charged with Theft and got arrested for 30 minutes.

What do you do in both situations and why?

I believe that the minimum punishment should be used in most cases initially, unless it is a second offence or if several crimes have been committed and only one punishment can be chosen.

While the MP's are in the right for keeping order onboard the ship, they should be made aware that they shouldn't always be issuing out the maximum brig sentences for every minor crime that occurs, and to start out with issuing the minimum sentence first, then moving up from there on secondary offences.

As for the specific's I would order the MP that the the TC's should be made to return ship to it's exact previous state as per minimum punishment, or have their brig time set at 10 minutes if they can't, and or it was first and only offence. As for the theft offence; I would order the MP that the MT's sentence be lowered to 10 minutes, since that is theft's minimum sentence time, and explain that 30 minutes without any other ship-side engineers might be detrimental to the success of the mission. I would only recommend 30 minute brig times to the MP's if it is a repeat offender, or it is a major crime.

I would also ask the MP's to contact me about all future arrests prior to passing a sentence, since I am a fan issuing Non-Judicial Punishment instead of a brig sentences.

I would commend the MPs on their handling of these situations, but let him or her know that he or she shouldn't outright go for the maximum sentence when it comes minor crimes like theft or damage to government property. A second offence for these Minor Crimes can have a 30 brig sentence, but first offences should start with the 10 or 5 minute minimum, then increase time with each offence.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok you aproached the problem in a different way, my bad for not making it explicit, but in terms of Pardonning, If you had to pardon, who would you choose ? The TCs, the MT, none or both ?
    Last edited by smov; 09-22-2019 at 11:48 PM.
    Captain Morgan Young

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smov View Post
    Ok you aproached the problem in a different way, my bad for not making it explicit, but in terms of Pardonning, If you had to pardon, who would you choose ? The TCs, the MT or both ?
    I wouldn't fully pardon anyone, I would just order that both of the sentences be lowered from 30 minutes, to the minimum brig sentence due to them both being minor crimes.

If I were to have personally caught the TC's and or MT BEFORE the MP's had brigged them, I might have pardoned them depending on their personal temperament.

I am not one to stop MP's from making arrest's and brigging players on their own accord, as long as they are enforcing and correctly following marine law.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't expecting to hear that but you have a solid knowledge of ML. When you get the rank of Captain, you will know why pardons are important and hopefully you will know when to use them. You have my support and +1, good luck !
    Captain Morgan Young

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The app is impressive without being verbose. You're a good player, you've got good community support, and you're certainly well-spoken enough for the role.

+1, and good luck. Remember that the CO council and your senior fellows are here to help, always.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answers/story check out but I need to see you play Command, or in lieu of that, I need to get some community feedback about you playing Command. None of the comments give me any indication you actually play Command.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen them as SO and they do a fine job, just never caught a XO game. However, seen them a lot as SL and they are definitely a good leader, so +1
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine