User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TheDexFiles - Commander Application

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    The answers/story check out but I need to see you play Command, or in lieu of that, I need to get some community feedback about you playing Command. None of the comments give me any indication you actually play Command.
    Fair request, most of the comments have been short on their experiences with my XO, but I have been getting rolled into SO more often in recent history; bad luck I guess, but I never mind playing SO either. I'll make an effort to get the XO roll in the next rounds I play.

Edit: I also wanted to thank everyone for all the support, it's very kind of you all and means a lot to me!
    Last edited by TheDexFiles; 09-27-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great application and answers to questions. I was a bit cautious on this application as I haven�t seen you play XO much. I�d also prefer you making a full fledged story over a dossier, but the dossier wasn�t too bad at all..

Over all, I recommend getting in more XO rounds for practice, just because. I�m going to take the communities support to heart for this and also mine and +1 this, friend.

P.S: Your first Captain rounds will be baptism by fire, so be ready for them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy +1 bro. gdluck

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Great application and answers to questions. I was a bit cautious on this application as I haven�t seen you play XO much. I�d also prefer you making a full fledged story over a dossier, but the dossier wasn�t too bad at all..

Over all, I recommend getting in more XO rounds for practice, just because. I�m going to take the communities support to heart for this and also mine and +1 this, friend.

P.S: Your first Captain rounds will be baptism by fire, so be ready for them.
    Thank you for your support! I do play at weird hours and with low pop a decent amount of the time due to my current schedule, so that is probably why, and I'll get more practice in with XO per your suggestion.

And baptism by fire is my favorite kind of baptism.
    Last edited by TheDexFiles; 10-01-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Sorry mates

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, apologies for the delay, but I�ve been mulling over this one for awhile. It�s really not ideal for me to be allowing someone who ostensibly played Command pretty minimally (at least when compared to other people) to get handed the WL on a silver platter. But all the community support is there, and I have no objections to any of your answers.

I would remind you that it is for your benefit to be experienced with Command. If you jump into CO with moderate SO experience, or a handful of XO rounds, you may find yourself struggling. But I�m willing to extend you a certain level of trust that you�re capable of handling the role and the responsibilities attached to it.

+1, congratulations.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, so I don't recall seeing you in a command role, but going off the responses to this application and your answers I think you'll be a good fit.

However, I feel I should point out that your response to the BE question isn't 100% satisfactory to me due to a few details, but I'm content with the knowledge you won't go around blowing someone's head off for something stupid.

I'll give a +1 for this so long as you ask around to fill in the gaps in your understanding, which the Council would be more than happy to help with. Good luck.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FGRSentinel View Post
    Right, so I don't recall seeing you in a command role, but going off the responses to this application and your answers I think you'll be a good fit.

However, I feel I should point out that your response to the BE question isn't 100% satisfactory to me due to a few details, but I'm content with the knowledge you won't go around blowing someone's head off for something stupid.

I'll give a +1 for this so long as you ask around to fill in the gaps in your understanding, which the Council would be more than happy to help with. Good luck.
    What details of my BE answers are unsatisfactory? Anything major that may cause issues?

Edit: and yes I'm big on asking gameplay and RP questions.
    Last edited by TheDexFiles; 10-05-2019 at 07:10 PM.

Sorry mates

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have the communities support, and the support of the rest of my fellow COuncil nerds. I think your app shows effort, and despite some hiccups, you've done well to handle yourself in the comments here. Not much else to say asides that you have my +1. Good luck.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've forwarded this to Emerald to be accepted.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good.