User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smartgunner role question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smartgunner role question.

Well, given that I shot a ridiculous ammount of round and killed a SINGLE xeno. (Admitedly I saved a couple of marines by scaring off xenos with suppressive fire. So I made myself useful otherwise.)

I'm wondering... Do you have any tips?

Also, I seem to only be able to fire in burst. Wich is kind of annoying given the intended purpose of the weapon. Isn't it possible to fire full auto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceTheInvader View Post
    Also, I seem to only be able to fire in burst. Wich is kind of annoying given the intended purpose of the weapon. Isn't it possible to fire full auto?
    On most ss13 servers including this one, burst fire is the closest thing there is to fully automatic.

tgmc/dmca has an automatic fire mode but it's really janky.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spam-clicking on semi-auto is about as close as you're gonna get.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you only LAST HIT a single xeno. kills are literally just who last him them. Im sure you helped kill way more. SG is braindead easy, leave it on single fire turn on everything it can do except the one that makes it FF and then just point and click amillion times at anything that moves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't put much stock on your """kills""" record since its literally just a case of who did the last point of damage.

I'd just focus on self-preservation, if you can survive the round and dish out a lot of damage, your doing very damn well.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that always irritates me about SG players is this weird 'vaguard' mentality they typically have. Smartgunner is meant to stick in the rear and provide backup and support, not be pushing the front. Stick either in the center of the group or in the rear of the defenses and just be a bullet hose. Being in the front typically gets SGs killed.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelpoint View Post
    Don't put much stock on your """kills""" record since its literally just a case of who did the last point of damage.

I'd just focus on self-preservation, if you can survive the round and dish out a lot of damage, your doing very damn well.
    Good, then I'll keep doing what I do. As a general rule of thumb, wich type of ammunition I should use? I've been using armor shredding so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allakai View Post
    Something that always irritates me about SG players is this weird 'vaguard' mentality they typically have. Smartgunner is meant to stick in the rear and provide backup and support, not be pushing the front. Stick either in the center of the group or in the rear of the defenses and just be a bullet hose. Being in the front typically gets SGs killed.
    That's what I do. I was just wondering if I did something wrong or if my technique is bad. Keep in mind that in almost every single other aliens games. The smartgun RIPS through xeno drones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceTheInvader View Post
    That's what I do. I was just wondering if I did something wrong or if my technique is bad. Keep in mind that in almost every single other aliens games. The smartgun RIPS through xeno drones.
    I got no clue, though honestly some rounds no matter what role you play, something will go wrong Bravo SG usually leads to you sitting around a lot but likely than not you'll have the largest ammo surplus. Other squads like Alpha or Delta will mean you're always moving as the SG and you need to be on your toes. I personally don't play SG that much, I just am giving my off-hand experience from seeing and interacting with the gunners. I think you're doing fine as long as you're aware you're not invincible haha.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not invincible indeed.

I honestly just expected insane firepower in exchange for very reduced mobility. Caught me off guard and I thought there was something about the balistic I might not understand yet.