User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friendly request from a friendly newbie. Rant/I love the game still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friendly request from a friendly newbie. Rant/I love the game still.

-Could you consider to stop running into my line of fire? Especially if you're going to shoot me in response?
    -Could you consider to stop pushing me into the fire line? Just to boost your personnal "high score". Make it even more likely I either get shot or shoot someone by mistake?
    -Could you, Mr.SmartGunner, not stay in front of everywhere where all you are is an obstable for all your battle buddies? Especially since you have no reason to.
    -Could you please not throw grenades at the same moment our squad leader calls for a rush?
    -Could you please think logically and consider that a guy with a shotgun is more suited to defend barricades than one with a pistol?

I just took part into a complete shitshow... First time I have this much shit happening to me at once making it completely unfun.

Truely makes me sad... I hope I just got unlucky with my squad and it ain't a common occurence.

Game is fun thought so I'll be patient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no boomer. live with it and get out of my way.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, my first round I played as an SO there was a mutiny that led to the XO and CO being shot in the face with a shotgun. Trial by fire amiright?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set "Be marine" to [Never] and turn "Be xenomoprh" to [On]. Should solve those issues.

Seriously tho, all those issues you desrcribed are intrinsic to the gameplay (for worse) because devs wanted FF to be a part of the marine experience, I guess so marine formations weren't a typhoon of bullets that could smash anything trough just numbers. That how guns work in this game and combined with the laggyness of BYOND it makes people make mistakes such as described.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    Set "Be marine" to [Never] and turn "Be xenomoprh" to [On]. Should solve those issues.

Seriously tho, all those issues you desrcribed are intrinsic to the gameplay (for worse) because devs wanted FF to be a part of the marine experience, I guess so marine formations weren't a typhoon of bullets that could smash anything trough just numbers. That how guns work in this game and combined with the laggyness of BYOND it makes people make mistakes such as described.
    Mistakes? Impossible!

But yes, as said by SilenMountain this is pretty much marines in a nutshell. Friendly fire is kind of like 'the thing' for marines and you generally get used to it.

(Given I am no saint as most of my confirmed hits for bullets and nades is FF)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh lad. I ain't been around a long time, but I can tell you that running in front of gunfire is a STAPLE of this game mode. And if you don't run in front of someone you WILL be pushed, UNGAS REQUIRE BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it makes you feel any better I have been pushed into fire by the queen and blocked while marines shot me to death as a xeno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I know some part is due to the gameplay for sure. But, sometime people just want to push to pass instead of asking. Problem is they don't bother making sure they don't put you or themselves in danger. I mean, I was like that on my first round. But, after having my head blown off I changed my ways and I try to be careful.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do play other games right? In RS2 you can napalm half the team because they bum rush into a fire mission.

FF is a fact of life in a lot of TDM games. In this game with only 2d FF goes from a few mistakes to the most common way to die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    You do play other games right? In RS2 you can napalm half the team because they bum rush into a fire mission.

FF is a fact of life in a lot of TDM games. In this game with only 2d FF goes from a few mistakes to the most common way to die.
    Well, it is way worse in that round I did. But, it's okay. I just hope it ain't all that too common. Trust me that I ain't joking when I say it was ridiculous.