Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bancrose Event Thread

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bancrose Event Thread

Hi, I'm just going to make this so you guys can shit on my events or give helpful criticism, I'm cool with both.

I'll also be asking for ideas and help in here and probably make announcements and set dates/times for when I may be doing events.

Here is example of my recent 2 major events I did.

Feedback is appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combat synth was fun.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if its hvh remove spec/sg/scopes and make it day time if you can. IDK why no admins ever do this when running events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it standard practice to buff up the Marine's enemy's weapon in HvH events? Is that why UPP guns always feel like getting hit by bolter rounds? I might be dumb but that honestly what maybe makes HvH to me feel apocalyptically deadly, like every bullet feels like a ravager impale.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Operation Liberty Bell was actually a lot of fun! The prisoner Gulag was a nice touch that led to some good RP moments between the UPP soldiers and the Prisoners; and the defense of the UPP base from the onslaught of Marines was intense and outright crazy at times.

The Role-playing between the members of the UPP was quite enjoyable and fresh; but I did wish that we had more distinguishing ranks like like SL, medic, engineer, Spec, and command staff do. It simply would have made it easier for the UPP commanders and SL's to form UPP soldiers into squads and assign them different objectives and more detailed orders, instead of just general orders to all UPP members. It would also make it easier to spot & keep track of your squad leader and other important roles. I sometimes got confused to where my UPP Commando squad leader was at any given moment, but I ended up sticking to The Fleet Admiral's orders and had some fun RP moments with him. (That Rp we had going was was fun stuff Dino)

The Roleplaying was fun but I wish there had been just a little bit more, but that being said it was a fantastic event with fun characters and natural in game plot twists.

I could see how the Marines might've disliked the event since we UPP just set up a kill zone just outside of our base and gulag with our MG's and barricades. The ensuing onslaught that followed was intense and I don't think I've ever killed as many Marines in a single round as I did during this one.

I kinda wish we could've sent the Nuke back up to the Almayer when we captured the Alamo dropship and pulled a UPP majior victory, but allas we didn't; that said we all fought well.

Rest in peace UPP Commando Cpl Bala Kasputin
    Last edited by TheDexFiles; 09-20-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad ebent because there was no beno and marines were not changed into monkeys without any compensation. 2/10, I don't recommend. Hehe.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TheDexFiles

I agree to that statement of I could do more but I'm not exactly sure what. I kinda wanted the roleplay for prisoners and guards to be player driven without me tampering with it.

The base building was due to having only 2 people with buildermode and they were kinda stressed out setting it up.

The flanks were opened eventually as an idea that the fighting has broken some holes in the cave walls.

Keeping the lights up on the colony wasnt actually as difficult.

The only thing that was sad was that I couldn't setup the bodies to look as corpses and the first contact with an escaped prisoner.

Also marines making it to the UPP before I was even ready was a slight oversight on my part.

However my biggest concern was with scopes. Now I could just do delete instance and get rid of every instance of scopes but than I fuck with the scout/sniper/svd specs for USCM/UPP. but I think my next event I will just have to be a meanie and get rid of the sniper/scout spec's rifled guns and compensate them with something else.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bancrose View Post
    However my biggest concern was with scopes. Now I could just do delete instance and get rid of every instance of scopes but than I fuck with the scout/sniper/svd specs for USCM/UPP. but I think my next event I will just have to be a meanie and get rid of the sniper/scout spec's rifled guns and compensate them with something else.
    Can't you just replace long-range scopes with short range ones for snipers etc? It's fine when you are shoot just screen away, instead of 3, or 4.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that short range scopes would be pretty fair, then again nobody really does like to walk around a corner to get blasted from bullet fired from someone off screen.

In all honestly I would just hand out special weapons, to distract their disappointment from the lack of scopes with fun and unique toys.

And I actually was surprised how quickly the Marines just ungaed their way into the caves and right up to our base.

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles
    Joined the fight 19 Dec 2017

Current Record holder for most dead in a single OB at 25
    Sorry mates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed my time as a prisoner RPing out mining and stacking magically appearing floor tiles. Only complaint was the lack of seeming progress to the silly tasks the 'guards' were giving us. But its a event I enjoyed and would volunteer for again.