Thread: Winning on Trijent Dam

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Use the four mortar strategy.

Forget trying to fight xenos on their turf.

Put all squads on Intel gathering.

Laugh as xenos get stomped everytime they approach fob and they get nuked by 4 mortars in unison.
    REEEEEE! METAMORTARING! REEEEEE! HOW MARINES DARE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT? REEEEE! IT'S EXACTLY LIKE METARUSH! REEEEE! BAN BAN BAN BAN!!!11111111oneoneone!!!!1111!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally as a marine and xeno I enjoy playing on Trijent Dam. I just think the map looks nice but the map is absolutely massive and complex.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gone 2 for 2 on trijent, might be complete luck/xeno incompetence but what worked for me was wearing down the hive by fighting defensively at the water treatment plant then falling back to a multi layered LZ2 fob. Then a big counter attack with a murderball of ungas once you sense weakness, basically attrition the benos in trench warfare then finish them off with a banazi charge.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go megafob @lz2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing Trijent really needs IMO is for engineers to have the ability to construct or deploy bridges for marines to safely cross the water. Unlike xenos healing is not a given and every brute and burn point counts, so they need more damage mitagation from environmental hazards so they can actually flank.

Otherwise I'd say Trijent isn't nearly as one sided as everyone makes it out to be, xenos are very limited to start with and marines just need to dedicate a squad of patrolling the supply lines to avoid lurk ambushes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On side note, as a predator, it's fun to observe marines get the false hope for winning, only to get pushed back while the yautja *laugh3 *golfclap on the side lines.
    Then when marines evac, the entire hive try to curbstomp you.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen marines win on the ground on Trijent Dam using normal every map tactics and it depends on one thing: Engineers bothering to build defenses on the front. It has become such a rare sight these days but a defensive position south of the road between the Engine Room and Excavation can actually see the Xenoes somehow start to lose. I have seen it happen multiple rounds. There are other places outside the FOB that are quite defensible, but this one often becomes a front line if the CO isn't commiting to a metarush or megaFOB.

I don't even know how, I don't know why xenoes don't just surround them, but it probably has to do with the fact that a lot of angles for attack are just blocked off by the river so the Xenoes either come from the west (which has them come from a place that is wide open) or from the north (which has them come through a straight tunnel) both of which are situations which tend to favour the marines. That said, if the marines get overeager and just run at the Eastern Lab too early they will get fucked by a good Queen screech.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You win trijent by not playing trijent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The few times I�ve won as marine in that cursed map is through an Unga Prime blessed rush with the tank and a round where engineers built these small outposts all over the main roads that kept lurkers and runners on check while marines fought in the front.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incompetent turtling benos make this map easy.

Benos usually camp furthest north-east side of the map. All you then need to do is to go LZ1 and send Alpha directly east in straight line and Delta south, trough "Filthrution" (or whatever this translate from Banzai accent). Alpha engages benos and draws full attention, then order Delta to go North, trapping benos in box without escape. Send Fobbits to help Alpha and send Grapes to help Delta.

However this is countered by benos having fuck ton of tunnels and actually spreading, instead of sitting in main hive AFK for 30 minutes.