User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention intelligence officers. I have an important announcement to make

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attention intelligence officers. I have an important announcement to make

STOP RUNNING OFF ON YOUR OWN AND DYING.

I know you all think that since you have shiny equipment, and that whenever you see a pitchblack room filled with growling and resin traps you feel the call of the Void.

STOP. SSSSSTOP IT. When you are an IO, you are not Unga. You are CERTAINLY not robust. You are one of the most important ground-side roles. When you are on your own or with only one other person, xenos don't see you as a threat. They see your gumpy ass as the easiest kill/capture of their lives. On their HUD, you are labelled "Please kill me, I have no sense of self preservation."

Before I go on, for anyone about to type "Hey, I'm a good IO, I stay alive and I don't go into Pain-Train Station without a couple of buddies!" Good. Perfect. Exit out of the thread, because this isn't directed at you. This is for the IOs who see themselves as PFCs with slightly less crappy armor and a stupid helmet.

So. For those IOs who seem to be raised by kamikaze lemmings, here are some free tips:

1.Stick with a squad and stay in their line of sight AT ALL TIMES If you stick with a squad, you can rest assured that your chances of dying drastically go down when you have meat-shields surrounding you. That being said, if you decide to run off on your own without grabbing at LEAST 2 PFCs with you, you deserve everything that happens to you.

2. Be the corpse Fulton gopher As the round drags on, marines get less diligent about moving bodies. By making sure that bodies get to containment and the morgue, you can be THE COOLEST GUY and get that delicious, delicious DEFCON.

TL;DR STOP RUNNING OFF ON YOUR OWN. AT LEAST BRING 2-3 PFCs WITH YOU.
    Usually playing as Darwin 'D.J.' Jefferson, PFC (Private: Flare Carrier), or Smartgunner almost always out of ammo. Occasionally an RO who yearns for death, dealing with rampant jackassery of his coworkers.
    Against my better judgement I decided to start making Youtube videos involving Colonial Marines. Channel

Yautja Council member as of March 17th - Now

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you cant tell me what ot do
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You underestimate my power!

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name two places you�ll find an IO shipside :
    Computer Lab and in the morgue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ran off on my own all the time as IO but I always fucked up because I gibbed every xeno I came across

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ain�t no one going Rambo surviving warrior gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IOs who die with full intel pouches and go DNR are pretty epic

please loot your IOs
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not I who runs off and dies. It is the PFCs who have no object permanence and wander away as soon as a duck around a corner. Since IOs have no squad indicators, they cannot even use that -shitty as it may be- to regroup with the squad. This leads to IOs either alone in the dark trying to find the squad they were with, or alone in the dark conspicuously asking over comms where the squad is. Lurkers love both of these things.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IO helmets are actually lit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora9567 View Post
    STOP RUNNING OFF ON YOUR OWN AND DYING.

I would consider this legit, but All squads, Mainly Delta, refuses to protect IOs or detach people to protect the IOs.

Sooooooooooo..........