User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention intelligence officers. I have an important announcement to make

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    I would consider this legit, but All squads, Mainly Delta, refuses to protect IOs or detach people to protect the IOs.

Sooooooooooo..........
    You can always bribe marines to do that. Like, ask for BC, but don't put this shit on your gun. Some baldo will catch the bait. Engage in RP with marines who do RP and we will protect you no matter what.
    Use and abuse your rank and gear to be first in REQ line just to get HPR and BC that you will put on your gun and I won't even blink to leave you when you are jumped on by lurker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You can always bribe marines to do that. Like, ask for BC, but don't put this shit on your gun. Some baldo will catch the bait. Engage in RP with marines who do RP and we will protect you no matter what.
    Use and abuse your rank and gear to be first in REQ line just to get HPR and BC that you will put on your gun and I won't even blink to leave you when you are jumped on by lurker.
    Bro, bribing marines is CL job. Marines should protect IOs regardless, having to pay or bribe an marine to help you doing your Job? It sucks, so i rather go alone.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got to pull rank on them sometimes. I don't like doing it because it makes me feel like an asshole, but it's necessary at times to order them to join you.

You can also get on their radios and tell them to detach people.

I sometimes think that maybe IO's should be Lieutenants so only XO/CO can tell them to fuck off when ordering people around

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have as a synth recovered two of them on two different missions the last few days

Both went and stayed dnr

The double whammy of dying and then dnr is what gets me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marines are mostly bald/robust but ignorant, and not willing to help any IOs. Ungas only follow metabuddies/well-known players. Honestly, helping IOs can be pretty boring for trigger-happy grunts.

As weird as it may seem, your best bet is a bald marine (CHOOSE A BALD MARINE WITH A RIFLE NOT SHOTGUN PLEASEEEE) so they can cover supressing fire/get pounced while you pull your grand terminator shotgun and kill the Lizard menace. Can't be killed if the lurkers are killing something else.

Surprisingly, baldies are usually willing to RP. Just make sure his gun is pointed at the right direction and it won't backfire, and you might just make a new friend or something.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the baldie isnt carrying a shottie the warrior will beat the utter shit out of the baldie then snatch you the IO to be sent to the hive for larva time. Or just rip off your head.

Worse with lurkers who can just focus on the IO knowing the baldie only has a 41 to stop him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    If the baldie isnt carrying a shottie the warrior will beat the utter shit out of the baldie then snatch you the IO to be sent to the hive for larva time. Or just rip off your head.

Worse with lurkers who can just focus on the IO knowing the baldie only has a 41 to stop him.
    If you even come across a warrior, either risk your life and kill it, or just.. run like any smart IO would? If your buddy gets snatched by grab, PB the hell out of it until it stops moving or it runs away to a far-off dome to heal.

If you're smart, you'll have an MD with you, either on your bag or hand.

Also, any marine with more then 5 braincells can dodge lurker pounces if it's a single one. Or.. just use help intent to shove your buddy infront of you, so he gets jumped and you get the chance to get rid of the lurker.

You don't want a bald'o with a shotgun because, you can shrug off and heal a M41A burst, and run back to the FOB/heal up and continue. PB or buckshot FF is insta-death.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeether View Post
    If you even come across a warrior, either risk your life and kill it, or just.. run like any smart IO would? If your buddy gets snatched by grab, PB the hell out of it until it stops moving or it runs away to a far-off dome to heal.

If you're smart, you'll have an MD with you, either on your bag or hand.

Also, any marine with more then 5 braincells can dodge lurker pounces if it's a single one. Or.. just use help intent to shove your buddy infront of you, so he gets jumped and you get the chance to get rid of the lurker.

You don't want a bald'o with a shotgun because, you can shrug off and heal a M41A burst, and run back to the FOB/heal up and continue. PB or buckshot FF is insta-death.
    oh no the idea is your getting that sweet intel in a room and then comes some warrior... what happens is he sees that weak m41 and just kills you frist then cap the other guy if anything or get you in lunge and beat the other guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't exactly 'pull rank' since the average Marine does not give a toss about ranks.

Squads assigned to IO protection have a decent failure rate of the squad just moving on as the IOs aren't moving towards the fighting.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    oh no the idea is your getting that sweet intel in a room and then comes some warrior... what happens is he sees that weak m41 and just kills you frist then cap the other guy if anything or get you in lunge and beat the other guy.
    I'd rather be slashed by a Warrior to red health then getting PB'd.

But really, as an IO, you can find a way through most scenarios if you play smart. If you come across a Warrior, just keep moving in an unpredictable pattern, lunge is nearly impossible to hit If you keep waltzing around while simultaneously firing. Anyone can manage this.

If you carry a MD, It will be really hard to surprise you. Immediately assume its a Warrior/lurker/T3 and prepare to pull out your shotgun at any given ping.

Warriors are annoying, not death itself, as long as they're alone.