User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Claymores

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty40 View Post
    After yet another round dying to a well placed claymore, im starting to get frustrated by their current state. They can be hidden under a million things. Are we supposed to shift click every object on the ground to see them? There is simply no counter, you're just a runner or lurker hitting what appears to be a quiet flank and BOOM ko'd and some marine with a pump runs up and finishes you. Besides visually spotting something that sits UNDER objects there is no counter. As it stands now, making a single mistake and not checking EVERY tile infront of you could result in a 1 hit kill due to the stunlock, and some engi could have upwards of a dozen hidden
    All of that can also be said about resin holes, plus even if you survive a facehugger trap without an alien finishing you off you still have to go get surgery, plus there's nothing that stops you from hiding resin holes under other sprites unlike claymores so you actually have to right click every single tile instead of just paying really close attention, plus xenos can make more resin holes than marines can plant claymores since they make them with infinitely regenerating plasma instead of having to get them from cargo.

If there's a good carrier on the alien team, especially on prison station, being in medbay is a pain as doctors have to keep removing larva and any marine who comes up with non-life threatening injuries has to wait for 20 minutes for some broken bones that take 2 minutes to fix while doctors deal with a constant stream of infected marines, and the doctors having any time to vend squad medics something from the MarineMed or anything similar is right out.
    Last edited by Megarop; 12-09-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just observer your surrounding before rushing in. Or better yet, just let the NPCs run in first to eat the claymore, then you go in.

Also, while claymores automatically stay on top, you can right-click and object and put it on top. Some of these objects can hide a claymore sprite. Also also, you can just flip a table and hide the claymore that way (flip east to cover west-facing claymore and just copy that for every direction, outside of south-facing claymore)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny enough I, as a marine, have been blown up by my own claymores than seen enemies blown up by them due to people setting mines up way too close to the FOB when people are dragging bodies back and set them off because people don't see them/ pay attention to them.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventyas View Post
    I'm in the process of writing a guide about claymores, now that Kesserline left, I'm probably the last constznt claymores user. It will help marines to place those and xeno to avoid them. Just need my internet connection back for the last screenshots (exchange student life)
    We can't expose the secrets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    Just observer your surrounding before rushing in. Or better yet, just let the NPCs run in first to eat the claymore, then you go in.

Also, while claymores automatically stay on top, you can right-click and object and put it on top. Some of these objects can hide a claymore sprite. Also also, you can just flip a table and hide the claymore that way (flip east to cover west-facing claymore and just copy that for every direction, outside of south-facing claymore)
    AH so i'm not crazy or stupid, people are still hiding them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Claymores have their place and are criminally underused by marine side relative to how many req can for some fucking reason pump out
    Criminally underused. I probably shouldn't highlight this as someone who only plays runner when I play xeno though.
    I agree that acid traps are turbo easy to spot, but hugger traps really aren't. They show up only on the center portion of the tile, and they're really easily hidden under almost anything. I understand the frustration with them. Claymores are similarly tiny, though they are easier to spot since they blink.
    Last edited by UnwaveringGrey; 09-24-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give you a trick to find hugger traps

Any resin hole changes the tile itself to be different, if you simply hove around the center-ish of the tile you should be able to see you're targeting a resin hole in your bottom left

Hover over the tile of any item on the ground before you think about engaging on weeds
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the one guy that usually plops mines down whenever a place is otherwise uncadeable.

Git Gud
    You running straight into that nice, blinking, green directional sprite, shame on you.

Kinda like how resin holes are terribly well-hidden.
    Say what you want, both traps serve their purpose fine, are entirely stationary and come in relatively low numbers, even if Req/Burrowers are on meth again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes it's easy to see the barely blinking light when you are ancient runner going full speed well trying to watch out for the three marines with shotties with slugs but nah it's just me being not good. Fucking dumbass.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbottle View Post
    Ah yes it's easy to see the barely blinking light when you are ancient runner going full speed well trying to watch out for the three marines with shotties with slugs but nah it's just me being not good. Fucking dumbass.
    It's as easy to see as spotting resin hole during full marine rush while you have to avoid T3's, spitters, lurkers and runners pouncing.

Also since when slugs are number one runner enemy? You need both luck and aiming skill to hit a runner with slug and this does jack shit as you won't get the chance to follow up the shoot.