User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xenos Not Capturing Hosts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also the whole problem of how a lot of marines *will* suicide once captured, and it is almost impossible to stop them.

Hell, I think I have burst in a planetside non-dropship hive all of 3 or 4 times ever, and one of those was only because I foolishly chose to try to escape instead of suiciding into the fire left behind by the CAS strike I called in on an ovi'd queen (past tense) via flare. I would imagine it is pretty discouraging to see three quarters of the marines coming in either suicide nading, calling in CAS on themselves, drug ODing, standing in their own flamer fire or buckshotting their head off, and that is when they aren't robustos who go on a rampage around a hive with a magharn shotty and several grenades.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by havokman View Post
    There is also the whole problem of how a lot of marines *will* suicide once captured, and it is almost impossible to stop them.

Hell, I think I have burst in a planetside non-dropship hive all of 3 or 4 times ever, and one of those was only because I foolishly chose to try to escape instead of suiciding into the fire left behind by the CAS strike I called in on an ovi'd queen (past tense) via flare. I would imagine it is pretty discouraging to see three quarters of the marines coming in either suicide nading, calling in CAS on themselves, drug ODing, standing in their own flamer fire or buckshotting their head off, and that is when they aren't robustos who go on a rampage around a hive with a magharn shotty and several grenades.
    You know who from xenos work on suicide hot line for marines? Warrior.
    It is the only single beno other than the Queen who posses stun that is fast and 100% depending on your own skill.
    Your problem was solved long ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Your problem was solved long ago.
    Not quite. The time taken to open a resin door in order to reach a host is more than enough for them to kill themselves. Activating a grenade, harm-intent clicking your head with a gun, swallowing a pill, are all one-click or two-click actions. I don't have much of a problem with marines suiciding though, as larvae will continue to grow up to a certain point, and Xenos need to adapt to a better nest layout, otherwise they risk a single grenade destroying chunks of the hive and damaging numerous other hosts at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capturing has been nerfed time and time again with tackle/nero etc. Couple that with no one likes baby sitting- and the marine you might be baby sitting has a magstapped cuckshot shotty or flamer its GG.

The effort it takes to capture isn't worth it unless they are afk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youbar View Post
    Not quite. The time taken to open a resin door in order to reach a host is more than enough for them to kill themselves. Activating a grenade, harm-intent clicking your head with a gun, swallowing a pill, are all one-click or two-click actions. I don't have much of a problem with marines suiciding though, as larvae will continue to grow up to a certain point, and Xenos need to adapt to a better nest layout, otherwise they risk a single grenade destroying chunks of the hive and damaging numerous other hosts at a time.
    Yep, this. The last time I was captured, there was a warrior watching over me very intently as I was suspiciously chattering away over comms. All it took was for me to shut up for 20 seconds (ignoring the PO telling me to hurry up and drop that CAS flare), and the warrior went away for a moment to check the several other nested marines.

Resist macro -> drag click welderpack to hand -> drag click welderpack to self -> x -> click signal flare box -> x, q -> click signal flare box -> click signal flare -> z. GG in about 2 seconds, guaranteed window for a PO to get a gun run on a marine close by the spawn pool that the Xenos had for that round. By the time a runner who reacted slightly quicker than the warrior was in my nest cell, I already had a second signal flare out and tried to push past it so I could throw the flare into the part of the hive where the queen was (I failed, but still).

This isn't even one of the reliable ways of taking your life when nested. In fact, it is one of the slowest and most telegraphed ways of committing suicide in a hive. And yet, I always bring CAS flares on maps that don't have deep underground caves if I don't have another method of committing suicide without my primary, because almost any remotely effective form of suicide is virtually impossible for Xenos to stop unless they have a warrior sitting by your nest from hugging to bursting. Nest cell doors take precious moments to open, and open nests lead to marines yakkity saxxing around the hive and wreaking havok while Xenos get to enjoy the wonders of ss13 melee combat in a server with no diagonal movement.
    Last edited by havokman; 09-25-2019 at 02:05 AM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youbar View Post
    Ask drones to make nests without doors. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Ask drones to make nests without doors. Problem solved.
    Big brain plays obviously. Doors are for chumps.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allakai View Post
    Big brain plays obviously. Doors are for chumps.
    It's hilarious how poorly xenos use doors. Giving other xenos the ability to one click destroy them was the 2019 xeno buff of the year
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warriors typically act like an other lurker or are capturing. Having a good capturer on hive watch isnt useful but otherwise it is impossible to prevent suicides and such. Dont get me started on pyros, SGs, and medics who can burn your ass in 5 seconds, have mag SG of death, or will suicide on QC in 5 seconds.

The pain nerf which made pain basically a meme(to get pain critted you must be already dying) means capping is basically pointless. If the nests were perma secure till someone gets you out there might be more interest towards capping.

Biggest issue is only one caste can capture reliably, warrior. How many warrior players you see and how many are robust? How many are just fighting on the front lines doing nothing?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    none of this matters with new spawning pool where everyone can keep coming back. the only reason you capture is to increase the total number of xenos not replace xenos lost. However I like the idea of killing not capturing so that marine players have to sit in dead chat and do nothing instead of getting them larva to join in the game as.