User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xenos Not Capturing Hosts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    none of this matters with new spawning pool where everyone can keep coming back. the only reason you capture is to increase the total number of xenos not replace xenos lost. However I like the idea of killing not capturing so that marine players have to sit in dead chat and do nothing instead of getting them larva to join in the game as.
    This is not the case anymore.
    As of the last test xenomorphs are required to feed the spawn pool with chestbursted corpses in order to give the pool a buffer to respawn larvae with. This stops both infinite respawns and infinite evolution pods, as well as incentivises captures even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youbar View Post
    What, then, is the best method of incentivizing captures?
    The incentive is if you don't do it, your team will probably end up losing.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    This is not the case anymore.
    As of the last test xenomorphs are required to feed the spawn pool with chestbursted corpses in order to give the pool a buffer to respawn larvae with. This stops both infinite respawns and infinite evolution pods, as well as incentivises captures even more.
    So its just a more annoying version of multibursting larva?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So its just a more annoying version of multibursting larva?
    Multibursting is random and does not use an existing pool of dead xenomorphs to pick from, while spawn pools are a consistent way for xenomorphs to have backups with, while being restricted to existing hive deaths. I don't know why you'd think they're the same.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multibursting is random and does not use an existing pool of dead xenomorphs to pick from, while spawn pools are a consistent way for xenomorphs to have backups with, while being restricted to existing hive deaths. I don't know why you'd think they're the same.
    multiburst gives you extra larva. spawning pool gives you extra larva. Ok heres the difference, which I said was the more annoying part, you have to A: drag the corpse over there instead of just getting it. B: you are limited to xenos who died getting to use the larva.

Its literally the same thing except it has a few restrictions that make it more annoying. It doesn't give you more reliable backups it just makes the backups only be able to be used by certain players. Its literally the same thing as multi burst larva except inferior because it has a couple of restrictions to it. Multiburst also lets you use the larva at any time instead of waiting for a xeno to die.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought spawning pool was rewarding shitty players for playing shitty by letting them come back but now its literally just a shitty player regenerator lol. It wont help players that don't die cause the shitty players will still burn through all the larva before the good player dies once. Rename it the scrub pool please.

Edit: The more I think about this the more questions I am coming up with. With capturing as useless as it is how much does the spawning pool even matter? Atleast in low pop I would be surprised if we capture 10 people in the entire round. So throwing 10 bodies in there if it doesn't give a bunch of larva isn't gonna make that much of a difference especially when captures take a while to get and xenos lose most of the players early in the match anyways. I don't understand the spawning pool at all. It made sense when it was infinite but now its just like some random crap that just seems tacked on for no reason. Not to mention how many of our captures even burst since yall make suicide easy as fuck and nest guarding impossible (HURR DURR PUT A t2 THATS MADE FOR FIGHTING ON THE FRONT LINES TO GUARD THEM). How many captures marines actually even burst.
    Last edited by MasterShakeEZ; 09-26-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're forgetting about roundstart burst-corpses.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're forgetting about roundstart burst-corpses.
    Ya I didn't think about those so that gives a decent sized buffer at the start still gonna get burned up by shitty players though

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ya I didn't think about those so that gives a decent sized buffer at the start still gonna get burned up by shitty players though
    it's hard to balance for Shitty Player case without it feeling too easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will give xenos a buffer against early unga rushes, but also make any rush that reaches spawning pool more devastating. I need to play to see how this works in game.