User Tag List

Thread: To doctors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To doctors

To any new doctors:

Please, for the love of God, don't just put tricord or bicard/kelo in the cryotubes. All you're going to do is murder people by giving them 3 ODs at once. Just stick to cryox and cloneox.

Signed, a doctor who had to deal with 2 patients ODed on 4 different things because of this nonsense.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to add to this and please ask that doctors just stop throwing every single marine into the autodoc and do it yourself.
    It is so much faster to fix a broken arm and pull out a few bullets then to make the autodoc do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been noticing PFC's with the med specialization od'ing people all over the place, Tramadol and Kelo, probably a seperate post needed for this but all week the OD shit has been going on BAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty40 View Post
    Been noticing PFC's with the med specialization od'ing people all over the place, Tramadol and Kelo, probably a seperate post needed for this but all week the OD shit has been going on BAD
    I think the problem is due to multi-treating.

Happened to me a lot that while I am treating somebody, another player does the same. Problem with that is that if they start giving pills it might cause an OD if you are already doing that. Besides multitreating is absolutely retarded outside from defibbing somebody that is on the verge of being unrecoverable.

Also, there is the lag that causes a lot of issue and might make second guess people about if it worked or not. I doubt that is the actual issue but it might be a part of it.

To me, there is two possible culprits. Either A) Multi-treating or B) Somebody or a group of people within the actual medical injects soldiers at medical by default without scanning them first. Since it is possible medic on the field already gave them said medication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another option mentioned by friends is the marines themselves being retarded. What he means is.. All marine have a first-aid injector that is basicly trico. So if a medic happens to actually medicate them properly (Of course patching the worse and bleeding). Then tell them to wait to recover a bit (Wich is the usual best option as it conserves supply so the medic stays in the fight longer) said marine might be so stupid that he uses the injector thinking it will regenerate his "hp" faster. And since most of them have ZERO idea how medical works and that it is TRICO and not an instant health boost. They put themselves in heavy OD on 3 different medecine out of pure impatience and stupidity.

Now that my friend mentioned this... It might be freaking plausible.

EDIT: As a side note I had a lot of instances of marines running over another who is laying down being treated. On several occasion it made me give the meds to the wrong guy as he ran over the "click". Happens so often I wouldnt be surprised if I aint the only one having this issue. Another instance of marines being retarded.
    Last edited by LanceTheInvader; 09-24-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    real doctor mains exclusively make an unholy witch's brew cryox mixture with every drug know to man that transform 200 brute alpha pfcs into crackhead supersoldiers

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY man I feel you. I have been playing as a doctor on here for a little bit over a year and I swear to god I see at least 20 OD's per match. And that is on the lower end of it, sometimes it could be more them 40 OD's.
    I think it might be bald medics or maybe PFC's with the med specs, but no matter what it is. It happens FAR to often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still do not get why minimedic has analyzer delay but can use pills. They should be exclusively using autoinjectors and patches IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidChan View Post
    I still do not get why minimedic has analyzer delay but can use pills. They should be exclusively using autoinjectors and patches IMO
    Because autoinjectors such an atrociously bad inventory footprint that anything that relies on them extensively is automatically dysfunctional. For PFC first aid pouches, the terribleness of injectors is somewhat of an intended feature, but minimedics are supposed to be marginally useful at healing people. Making them functional requires either giving minimedics pill bottles or overhauling how expendable medical supplies function under the SS13 inventory system. Shockingly enough, the devs went with the first option.

And patches aren't even a thing in CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I say patches I mean the burn and brute trauma kits that come in AFAKs. PFCs are never really short on space and most grunts ditch their bandages and ointment for an extra first aid injector and pain stop. while I generally agree that injectors take too much space and should be half what they currently are, they are far from bad given they can be immediately applied and restocked at appropriate vendors. For a PFC grunt having a few bicard and kelo injectors in their bag and a medkit pouch they could use to quickly clean and seal bleeding wounds would make them very useful for medics to have around since they could tend to minor wounds, allowing medics to focus on actual problems. Hopefully reducing the bicard/trama ODs that happen for when a mini just applies a random pill to a downed marine and runs along, otherwise the current minimedic meta is just free pills for me good luck everyone else.
    Last edited by DavidChan; 09-24-2019 at 12:11 PM.