User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M37A2 Ammo: The Final Debate (again)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you're neuroed or acid sprayed buckshot will never save you, and pulling out your buck shotgun after you get pounced to try to get a pb after waking up is the best use buckshot has now, just to avoid insta losing to runners, even people who followed the pb meta dont use buckshot as a main weapon anymore because qfa m41s perform way better
    also, buckshot sucks against any t3s that arent boilers or vet ravs, and even elder vet ravs can tank through 3 pbs
    Last edited by Deep Inside Me; 10-01-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slug shootie is the most reliable way to 1 vs 1 T1's and T2's. There is no deny, if you hit your first shoot before beno used his ability, you are golden. Warriors shit their pants when they are in closed room with marine they can't lounge, spitters piss their pants when they are in closed room with marine on who they can't spit... Blah, blah, blah, you know the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rock the M41 as a main a Shotgun as backup.
    Usually carry slug in it as a tool to knock open doors and to halt big benos.
    Like other people have noted here, the Slugs are a very useful "Tool" round.
    For combat though, buckshot reigns Supreme.
    If your stuck in a tight cave or hallway with Xenos on your ass, a good spray of Buck will keep em honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Slug shootie is the most reliable way to 1 vs 1 T1's and T2's. There is no deny, if you hit your first shoot before beno used his ability, you are golden. Warriors shit their pants when they are in closed room with marine they can't lounge, spitters piss their pants when they are in closed room with marine on who they can't spit... Blah, blah, blah, you know the point.
    no we don't, we just punch you in the hand and then chain fling you

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troika View Post
    no we don't, we just punch you in the hand and then chain fling you
    Slug blocks each and every beno ability, also knocks down and back. In terms of T2, it's for pretty long time too. You got tagged with frist slug, you die miserable death. If you don't shit your pants in such situation, you have never BEEN in such situation with Slug Main.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slugs just don't do enough damage on their own to be worth using, and rarely do you have the support around and capable to actually capitalize on your 'support' weapon.

They need a significant damage buff - 1.25x to 2x what they are currently.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see slugs more as a support based ammo type, by cucking most castes from using their abilities and move away you're giving an easy target for marines to fire at.
    IFF based weapons do justice if you land a slug.

Buckshot is more about positioning, in the right spot, you can deal a lot of damage, though normally this means being close to danger, and ranged based castes will just poke you with neuro till you drop or stop contesting ground

All in all, both are pretty conventional if set in the right scenario, M37 is all about player mobility and aim.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cc in more situations vs more damage but less situations.
    The map your squad etc all descide. Bravo I'd be less inclined for buck delta buck it. Engineer slugs. Basically forwards buck defense slug for me.

Then again there are situations where it flips again.
    Are there L42 with b8s? SG? Suddenly slugs can threaten even benos that don't fear the mighty buck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemius View Post
    Cc in more situations vs more damage but less situations.
    The map your squad etc all descide. Bravo I'd be less inclined for buck delta buck it. Engineer slugs. Basically forwards buck defense slug for me.

Then again there are situations where it flips again.
    Are there L42 with b8s? SG? Suddenly slugs can threaten even benos that don't fear the mighty buck.
    the deciding factor is the map and your play style everything else is how the round goes

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slugs are good, but they require teamwork to be viable so they will generally not see much use. Until it is feasible to defend yourself from a xeno with a rifle or SMG instead of a shotgun, you will only really see shotguns (mostly loaded with buck) used by the competent marines.