User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M37A2 Ammo: The Final Debate (again)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only ask WHY slugs were nerfed? From garbage to untility to garbage yet again. I blame benomains who cried "Buckshot", but were screeching "SHOTGUN!" so as I predicted devmeme eyes were filled with acid tears and buckshot soap to the point where slugs also get fucked, while no beno cried it's unbalanced. Fucking learn to hit each and every slug, try to be a master in point and click SS13 CM adventure, but all of that in vain. Where before you could chase single xeno and if your godlike aiming, tracking and lucky RNG allowed you sometimes to kill xeno, now it's useless again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    I can only ask WHY slugs were nerfed? From garbage to untility to garbage yet again. I blame benomains who cried "Buckshot", but were screeching "SHOTGUN!" so as I predicted devmeme eyes were filled with acid tears and buckshot soap to the point where slugs also get fucked, while no beno cried it's unbalanced. Fucking learn to hit each and every slug, try to be a master in point and click SS13 CM adventure, but all of that in vain. Where before you could chase single xeno and if your godlike aiming, tracking and lucky RNG allowed you sometimes to kill xeno, now it's useless again.
    Slugs were nerfed again? How.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagbag View Post
    Slugs were nerfed again? How.
    Stun time was reduced by a fifth of a second
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't sound like much, but you are now incapable of chain stunning xenos with basically every shotgun besides the MOU53 now.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slugs were and are still great utility but aliens only cared about the dam endless buckshot. If there was more acid splash damage for PBing it wouldnt be as bad and would give risk vs reward for PBing. I guess they nerfed it because of survivors using the slug for chain stunning? Meh still can slug some stupid sentinel and have some PVTs mow it down with 41s, helps that slug is good for a ranged shotgun.

Slug utility
    Buck dmg, only really good at close range
    fletchee mouse/attempting to crap on a crusher's day

bonus! incin slug, slightly better slug I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm gathering from this discussion is that the change impacts 1on1 combat, and makes little to no difference in every other skirmish. I suppose I'm okay with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just tested it myself, gargabe. Nerfing the only viable gun while leaving the rest bad as they are is.. just bad.
    Last edited by Heckenshutze; 02-10-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna drop in here and drop a bombshell,
    Inc slugs are literally useless. They dont have the little armor strip that normal slugs have, they dont reliably set xenos ablaze, yes, wow, inc slugs that have a weak % chance to set a xeno ablaze, plus they only have a % chance to stun xenos like normal slugs too. Fantastic, right? Inc ammo that doesnt even do its job. I once filled a shotty with inc slugs and used it on a crusher as survivor when it was cocky, marines took forever to land. 6 Shots, 2 of them set it ablaze. The 4 other shots did jack-fucking-shit.
    Last edited by Twizz; 02-10-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xenofood View Post
    What I'm gathering from this discussion is that the change impacts 1on1 combat, and makes little to no difference in every other skirmish. I suppose I'm okay with that.
    It didn't make any sense to do these changes though, especially the slug one. Slugs were already useless in 1v1 combat. All guns besides the shotguns are still mostly garbage.