Your Character Name?
    Kray 'Lemons' Blackman
    Their BYOND Key
    challade
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    4pm banned
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    5. Determine the punishment.
    a. Determine the bare minimum punishment. There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, especially if the incident didn't cause a major disruption to the game. Try to use warnings, and if you do need to ban don't be excessive. Most bans should not be above 12 hours.
    b. If a player�s general ban time exceeds 24 hours (they�re constantly being banned for more than 24 hours) then a permanent ban request may be filed if needed. If a player�s general ban time exceeds more than three days, then it is recommended that a permanent ban request is filed.
    c. If you feel someone needs to receive a permanent ban, give them a ban for 10,080 minutes (7 days) and make a post in the Permaban Request section of the admin forums explaining the situation and why you believe a permaban should be enforced. This should ONLY be done for repeat offenders, or players griefing the server (those bald pajama marines that shoot up the place).
    Description of the incident
    I joined late, saw the SG of bravo, I like Bravo, called whiteman then joined as Blackman. Mod messages me about some passive aggressive shit because of my last name, why??
    Evidence
    You have been banned by challade.
    Reason: Had been warned last round(previous note) about meme names, this round they went as Kray 'Lemons' Blackman, becaue he was in Bravo and the ladder is probably implied by him being black, has a history of notes. Had a passive aggressive description( 'Just a guy foooollooowing the ruuules'). Reluctantly I have to ban him for 3 days due to recently being banned for 1 day. .

This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 4320 minutes.

To try to resolve this matter head to https://cm-ss13.com/viewforum.php?f=76
    How you would punish the accused
    I have no idea what the fuck this mod is talking about in their drunken rambling note about this.

"Implied him being black"

This mod is literally saying being black is a crime. lol the fuck??
    How the fuck is Whiteman last name allowed but Blackman isn't? That is legit racist as fuck bullshit modmeme.

https://imgur.com/10kIT7I

My squadmate I was chilling with.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want me to take this seriously I suggest you edit this and change your tone.
    If you have a valid complaint and once logs are posted I�m more than happy to investigate this and resolve it.

But referring to my mod as doing drunken mod meme stuff will get you nowhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to apologize for being rude, I know you are all volunteering and was upset and should have waited to post this, so that's clearly no excuse for my name calling and attitude and I know that but I do apologize.

This was so frustrating because its just a common last name that is of no significance at all!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Previous round, not the incident reported.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Incident reported :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes for Trustscience44:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, Tmod Challade here. Whatever the managers/admins make of this decision is theirs to make and I won't disagree with it.

Personally I think a 3 day ban was a bit much on my side, but when I asked how long to ban you for you had multiple recent bans behind you and 3 days was the natural progression for it, I had the choice to not ban you for three days and I took the ban choice, perhaps this was wrong on my part.

But I also had the choice to rename you, and my thought was, had I done it I would've just been putting a band-aid on the situation and you would've gotten a second copy paste note in the round after the first note and that didn't seem like the right choice.

In your second report you had sent 7 messages in a row, and during that time I was talking with the mods to make my choice, what led to my choice were a couple of things I'm going to list out:

Firstly, this started with someone pointing out Hava 'CM' Day, I gave you a warning for having a meme name and let you off because you were probably just having fun with it despite your note history.

Secondly, I saw you had the name Kray 'Lemons' Blackman, which at first I thought was perfectly fine, until I ghosted to you and examined you, I noticed you were in Bravo and were black, so, yes, I am guilty of thinking you named yourself that as a racist joke, but what cemented it was your IC description being, "Just a guy foooollooowing the ruuuules".

After that I realized that you were just trying to inconspicuously go around the boundary I had set for you. At that moment I decided maybe you needed a 3 hour break from the game, until I asked how long to set your ban for, I had then been told you had recent bans and that 3 days was the amount you'd have to be banned for.
    I figured then that you had originally named yourself Hava 'CM' Day to passive aggressively express sarcasm for the moderators for your recent negative interactions.

Ofcourse, this was after telling you that I had to ban you.
    I felt a little guilty to have to ban you for 3 days, but I had already told you I was going to ban you, and I don't usually go back on my word, so I reluctantly did it, despite thinking you needed 3 hours to a day at most.

However, this was my choice, and I could've and probably should've banned you for 3 hours, that's what I think, but my action was to ban you for 3 days for your previous behavior.
    Last edited by Challade; 09-24-2019 at 07:42 PM. Reason: changed managers to managers/admins on the first paragraph

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for responding Challade, I agree it should have been at most a 3 hour ban.

However, I do have some problems with the stated reasons. I'll go over each part hopefully breaking it down for easier reading.

"Firstly, this started with someone pointing out Hava 'CM' Day, I gave you a warning for having a meme name and let you off because you were probably just having fun with it despite your note history."
    It was Havva 'CM' Dae. Thank you this seems like the appropriate response. I can appreciate your professionalism here.

"Secondly, I saw you had the name Kray 'Lemons' Blackman, which at first I thought was perfectly fine, until I ghosted to you and examined you, I noticed you were in Bravo and were black, so, yes, I am guilty of thinking you named yourself that as a racist joke, but what cemented it was your IC description being, "Just a guy foooollooowing the ruuuules"."

I'm not sure how you would interpret that name as a racist joke, could you give me an example or explain?

You say you decided to randomly observe me and then saw that my name was perfectly fine, but then you state in the same sentence that you are guilty of thinking I named myself as a racist joke? I'm not understanding the counter logic stated here nor the joke going on.
    Did you think the player named Whiteman was making a racist joke, or the player with the IC description of being a fart-boss was being passive-aggressive to all bosses on the server?

I think that is fair to ask since you stated in my notes for the ban that ""becaue he was in Bravo and the ladder is probably implied by him being black"", could you explain this?

An IC description of "Just a guy following the rules", this offends you or disrupts the server or both? I think that is fair to ask since you claim I was plotting to "inconspicuously go around the boundary I had set for you".

""5. Determine the punishment.
    a. Determine the bare minimum punishment. There's no reason to jump straight to a ban, especially if the incident didn't cause a major disruption to the game. Try to use warnings, and if you do need to ban don't be excessive. Most bans should not be above 12 hours.""

I was never racist in chat or roleplay, I never whip'd and naenae'd as a black character.

"I had then been told you had recent bans and that 3 days was the amount you'd have to be banned for."

Since you did not make the decision here. It is not fair for me to ask your reasoning of this part. Could you please name the mods who helped you make this decision and told you it had to be a 3 day ban, it should be fair to want to speak with the party that did the actual decision making.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for getting back to me earlier.

Well before going to bed I wanted to add that although my text is forthright I do feel it is apt as well as fair and important that I ask the questions above.

It is reasonable for me to assume I will continue to be 3 hour ban or perma-ban every time I use the name Kray 'Lemons' Blackman, with an IC description
    of 'Just a guy following the rules', and that I would need to use a new name.

Thank you

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so I've reviewed the logs.
    Here's the deal, the name is not racist. However you had a history of bad names, and frankly the past couple months your note history is slipping. However your passive aggressive flavor text of "just a guy following the rules" its not going to fly. You have a history of this, so I'm going to make it simple. Cut out the flavor texts that take digs against rule enforcement.

I have already spoken to Challade and he is a trial mod who is learning, and I think he realized he came to a conclusion too quickly based on what he saw with your flavor text.
    I am removing the note from your account, and any ban that is still on at the moment.