Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preferred Sidearm Thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preferred Sidearm Thread.

Hi.
    I wonder what's your preferred sidearm and attachment loadout, and why?

By sidearm I mean smallarms (pistols and revolvers).

And tell me about your usual sidearm. It's not everyday you get to fool around with a Mateba!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smartpistol is nice if you're rolling a designated marksman or sniper loadout, since you can still sit behind people.
    Supposedly I'm a "senior mentor"

Community mentor 10/5/2019 - present

Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revolver is my opinion is superior to all 3 choices a simple PFC without Req access can get. You can put rail light and bayonet on it. Thanks to that, revolver stops being just a "sidearm" and starts to be a tool. You can open unpowered doors with bayoneted weapons (and this comes in handy everywhere besides LV), you can drop it as better flare, you can use it to kill yourself when captured, you can use it to slash weeds and shit, it does decent damage and stuff, you can use it to play russian-rullete (using this as RP-tool, like I can imagine nice HvH round where you challenge someone from UPP for a "duel" when you were captured. Your life and freedom vs their life), but most importantly: YOU CAN SPIN IT LIKE COOL GUYS IN COOL MOVIES!
    Only downsides are fairly slow firerate and small mag, but they all work eachother. Aim your shoots and firerate doesn't matter, good damage means mag doesn't matter that much.
    You can also get that special ammo from Req that works like a discount slug, combining it with QF revolver could mean that you can lock beno ability for entire salve, pretty good if facing Queen about to screech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    You can also get that special ammo from Req that works like a discount slug, combining it with QF revolver could mean that you can lock beno ability for entire salve, pretty good if facing Queen about to screech.
    I am not certain the heavy ammo revolver is quite that good. I had the chance to give heavy ammo a good testing towards the end of a nearly 3 hour prison round (and structures test) thanks to an RO who was nice enough to send a bunch of heavy ammo planetside. While the revolver worked fine at counter-meming fortified defenders and such, I actually got the chance to shoot at both a queen pre-screech and a charger pre-charge, and in both cases the revolver hit didn't appear to stop them from activating their screech/charge immediately afterwards.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A sidearm vs a queen is a losing fight regardless of gun. I used to hate the revolver, especially when seth players started using in abundance, but it's actually useful now with heavy ammo.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMandrake View Post
    A sidearm vs a queen is a losing fight regardless of gun. I used to hate the revolver, especially when seth players started using in abundance, but it's actually useful now with heavy ammo.
    If heavy ammo actually shut down queen abilities, then it would literally be one of the best weapons to fight a queen with if you had backup with conventional primaries.

But still, the ability to threaten low/mid tier xenos with being almost-stunlocked is miles ahead of what any orther sidearm can offer outside of MAYBE the VP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by havokman View Post
    If heavy ammo actually shut down queen abilities, then it would literally be one of the best weapons to fight a queen with if you had backup with conventional primaries.

But still, the ability to threaten low/mid tier xenos with being almost-stunlocked is miles ahead of what any orther sidearm can offer outside of MAYBE the VP.
    Still haven't tried the VP, but yeah I agree. Since the revolver only has six shots it's not out of the question adding something like you are suggesting, but I do doubt it would happen. For now I just hope the revolver doesn't get nerfed back into uselessness.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B8 RC Revolver with heavy speed loader. You have IFF and no recoil whatsoever when wielding, and you fire mini slug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sidearms bad every weapon except the shotgun sucks

Synthetic Council Member QuickLoad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF I could reliably get my hands on VP78, it would always be VP78. I once got my hands on two and was dual wielding them, 1v1'd an ancient ravager.

However, I use the smartpistol(which is my most commonly used sidearm) as a medic to defend my patients during travel, and it's an expendable weapon, once I've expended all the ammo of it I simply discard it.

M4A3 is not THAT bad, especialy custom with AP.

I've also gotten a couple stunlock kills with the .357 spearhead on runners.

Overall I'm not a big fan of sidearms and don't use them that often if at all, they give a good way to defend yourself if you only have one hand free but most hostiles will see through it as just a deterrant and kill you regardless. If you do run one, always take a large pistol mag pouch as that's the most efficient way of carrying it if not a holster.