Byond ID?
    anakain75

CM Character?
    Kaden 'Ashes' Shaw

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC-8

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    1-2 hours a day at the least.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    My real life job was essentially the same thing but paid.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I only really play on Colonial Marines.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Duplicate question, See above ^

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I'm not a staff anywhere

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    //showthrea...(Job-Role-Ban)
    successful jobban appealed.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I don't remember, only really play CM and only really interested in this community. It's been years since I've played anywhere else.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    So the question says that he's shot someone, singular, and has been arrested successfully. That would mean since the issue has stayed IC, and has been taken care of IC; It's an IC Issue and has been handled. I would still check his notes to see if he has a history of this and if he did this twice before that he'll be receiving on the next instance to show some good faith and set a clear line.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    An ahelp about a whitelist, that means they'd be referred to make a player report and to include as much evidence that they have as possible. Now if it's any rules outside of the whitelist predator's honor code, I'd handle that accordingly.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would message the clearly new player and help him. Refer him to our rules to make sure he's aware of that and our zero tolerance to not know them. Continue to help him and link him to our wiki so he can learn while he's not playing.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    If a player is being rude and using names to insult me and to speak to someone higher than me. I would calmly inform him that he will not be receiving someone else to handle their ahelp, they don't get to pick and choose who handles their ahelp. Secondly, I'd try to help them with their ahelp calmly without doing the same as them, doing the same is not going to help anyone and will only cause more issues. If they continue I'd let them know they can make a staff report if they truly think I've wronged them.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd message the player and refer them to our rules and that they need a new name, I'd change their name for the round and then request they change it when in lobby after the round ends.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    The maintence tech is geared up, no alert level warranting the gear with no current threat. This is a case of seeing if their notes shows a history of this, otherwise it's IC for MP's to handle.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    A marine killed by a survivor early into the drop and survivor clearly showed hostile intent. I'd inform the marine that the survivor followed the rules for being a survivor. Showing hostile intent, declaring such, and then killing a marine is correct.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Player ahelped that that a MP has put them in perma for tresspass and theft. An arrest is limited to one charge per event, besides resisting arrest and tresspass and theft are both max'ed at 30 minutes. Perma is an hour and above, even with resisting arrest which adds 10 minutes making it 40 minutes. I'd check the MP's notes to see if there was a history of poor MP play. Other I'd message the MP and inform them of ML and to release the player and to read up ML more. If they have a history of 2 of this, depending on their attitude to learning the ML better if they showed good will to do so, another note and saying the next offence is a JB or a JB if they don't care about our rules.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    The xenos are delaying, and the marines aren't pushing. QM report to have the Xeno's charge, it's the only thing staff do do.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    A bald medic. Try to inform them of the correct way to handle things. Ahelp it and let the other staff handle it from an OOC standpoint.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Different factions can continue fighting regardless of round end. Xenos and humans, CLF or UPP vs USCM.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Round start shennanigans. Check the players history, if they have a single note or no history, warn them again and note. 2 Notes or more and I'd inform them they're getting a 3h ban for griefing as that's they've been warned already and continue to ignore our rules.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    It states when player A was killed by player B because A punched B. Check the points of view of both and their notes. Unless there was some missing information player B will be noted for Improper escalation, if a history, increase punishment time. No prior bans but many notes 3h, prior bans a 24h.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Improper mutiny, so a not ahelped mutiny. Looc them to ahelp for proper approval or to stop or face punishment.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Minor racism is allowed. Inform the ahelping player of such and message the offending player to tone it down abit.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    7 Day ban and file for perma. There is no excuse, logging off to escalate punishment. They are not welcome here.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Question states that I actively see them burst, and then charge to the frontlines and die. Having seen this myself, it's clear. Speak with them and see why, anything short of a surprisingly good reason resulting in a harsh note else, JB them.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    We are moving towards some more RP, message the xeno and ask them to stop as it's LRP and note it down.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Xeno's hivemind is an english translation of their language, either word dropship or bird is fine.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    We have changed our RP to expected contact so he is correct. Nothing wrong.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Check logs to see if there was any RP done in chat and then check the two sides, if well played out, it's fine. Otherwise if it was just wordlessly shooting another marine, warn them to not gun them down and find another pod. Note them for IE for pod murder, if they show no care, a 3h ban for griefing.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Ignore them, they can salt in dsay all they want. Unless it becomes extremely excessive and spammy then I'd warn them to tone it down or be muted for the rest of the round.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Sadly byond major is not covered under our help. I can just inform them to head to medbay quickly.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Say to them that you believe the correct answer is X in msay. I'm not going to just step in their ahelp and undermine them.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Considering if a staff marks an ahelp it's there's. Unless it was severely incorrect, go to the proper manager and inform them of what happend.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I enjoy playing the game and love trying to help the newer players and I want to help people enjoy as much as I do.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I believe the most important quality is to be unbias and knowledgable of the rules.

Anything else you
    I just love CM, and everything about it from playing, to helping new players, and I'd really just love the opportunity to help keep it wonderful.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying, ill go over ur answers soon
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a fan of people advertising their application in ahelps or wherever, as I feel it shows impatience, which shows in your other applications aswell, namely the synthetic app.

However..

Since Acute is going to go over your answers in more detail, I will just comment that most of them are decent, but there are some big discrepancies.

I have never seen you online, and I do not think it is because of the timezone differences in this case, but you have clocked in 51 hours this month, which is nice. And your note history is not bad, which is a plus for me.

Answer me this question:
    In your opinion, what differentiates a decent moderator from a great one? There is no one correct answer, but think carefully.

Thank you for this application, I will cast my vote after the question has been answered and other Moderators give their two cents.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    I am not a fan of people advertising their application in ahelps or wherever, as I feel it shows impatience, which shows in your other applications aswell, namely the synthetic app.

However..

Since Acute is going to go over your answers in more detail, I will just comment that most of them are decent, but there are some big discrepancies.

I have never seen you online, and I do not think it is because of the timezone differences in this case, but you have clocked in 51 hours this month, which is nice. And your note history is not bad, which is a plus for me.

Answer me this question:
    In your opinion, what differentiates a decent moderator from a great one? There is no one correct answer, but think carefully.

Thank you for this application, I will cast my vote after the question has been answered and other Moderators give their two cents.

Thank you for your response! And I apologize for the Ahelp the only reason I did that was due to It seemed AcuteCircle had forgotten about me yesterday. To answer your question, In my opinion of what is the difference between a good mod and a great one? Well it'd have to be a good mod being one who can do their job and helps players. But a great mod will take pleasure in doing their job and exceeding, helping players when possible. While enforcing the rules but still understanding this is a game for fun and people aren't perfect and make mistakes. Someone who can and will learn from their experiences and failures to improve themselves constantly. It's a volunteer job, but a great mod will take it seriously and do their best, but we're all here for fun so they'd need to understand that too and be lenient when needed and strict too. Being unbiased and honest with their actions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anakain75 View Post
    snipsnap
    Good answer. I like it.

If you got accepted as a moderator, what do you think would be your biggest weakness, when it comes to dealing with CM community and your tasks as a moderator, and how would you start fixing said weakness?
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkkeli View Post
    Good answer. I like it.

If you got accepted as a moderator, what do you think would be your biggest weakness, when it comes to dealing with CM community and your tasks as a moderator, and how would you start fixing said weakness?

My biggest weakness would have to be slowly losing patience when handling extended conversations with extremely irate players. At my job, it was basically staffing, handling issues from customers and relations with the system and them. Now I don't expect to be caught in an ahelp of 30+ minutes for any angry player. But I'd have to take a step back for a minute or two, remind myself this it isn't personal and there's an issue that's making them angry that I can help them with.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. I think I can give this application a solid +1. Don't let me down, chief.
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see your making a mod app Kaden, I've seen you abit in charlie, hopefully you're a good match for us.
    I see Dorkelli has gone over your answers abit but I have some extra questions I'd like you to answer before I can make a good judgement of you.

A CO is attempting to do briefing, delta is dragging, disarming and punching them. The CO BE's half of Delta, how do you handle this?

A well known and beloved player by the community is actively being a poor player at the moment and you punish them, then everyone is ganging up on you and hating on you ooc'ly, how do you handle this?

It is lowpop and it's just you and an admin level staff. You see them abuse their powers and they threaten you that they'd get you removed and no one will believe you over them if you say anything. What do you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    I see your making a mod app Kaden, I've seen you abit in charlie, hopefully you're a good match for us.
    I see Dorkelli has gone over your answers abit but I have some extra questions I'd like you to answer before I can make a good judgement of you.

A CO is attempting to do briefing, delta is dragging, disarming and punching them. The CO BE's half of Delta, how do you handle this?

A well known and beloved player by the community is actively being a poor player at the moment and you punish them, then everyone is ganging up on you and hating on you ooc'ly, how do you handle this?

It is lowpop and it's just you and an admin level staff. You see them abuse their powers and they threaten you that they'd get you removed and no one will believe you over them if you say anything. What do you do?

1. Nothing because the the delta's were instigating the issue and starting the shennanigans, they're at fault. CO is responsible as a whitelist role and if the CO actively continued to BE each one once the troublemakers were taken care of then I'd have a word with Bancrose.

2. I would still punish the player regardless of repuation, they can hate on me but I'm merely enforcing our rules and if they are well known they should know our rules and know better.

3. Take screenshots and not say anything. Report with evidence to their corresponding manager.