Their BYOND Key
    Hunk1
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    7:50 AM CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2: Investigate the situation
    3. Determine the seriousness of the issue
    Description of the incident
    Chance Warden and I, both Delta Medics, were prepping up when John Murry walks into our prep. We start fighting, disarm spamming, all that. A couple marines stand outside and say stupid shit/cheer the fight on. Eventually two other people join the fight, Murry taps out to go to briefing, so he gets let out, and we continue on for some time. Our SL was even giving us hold orders so we could fight for longer, and Murry and I were telling each other to tap out. It wasn't as if there was ZERO roleplay. Chance was even emoting out stupid shit like flexing. MPs didn't care to show up, because nothing was really going wrong, and everyone fighting jumped in for fun.

A single other medic late joins, tells us to stop fighting right now, leaves, gets a revolver, and fires it several times - every shot hit a wall, so that won't be logged as hitting anyone. We started disarming him because he was actively firing a gun at us -- not because we wanted to "disrupt round flow" and prevent him from prepping. Two other people who were fighting did not get bwoinked/noted either, showing he didn't really care to actually investigate the situation.

The note given was:
    "When i arrived, i see 4 players, him and 3 others punching each other in some kind of rage cage on delta medic preparation room and disarming any medics attemping to reach it."

We didn't stop any medic from prepping up, only disarmed one that tried to shoot us. Two of the people involved were delta medics, so he either didn't investigate the situation, or is lying with the note. Blatantly false to include "disarming ANY medics".

On top of this, he aslept all of us for a seriously long time, he gave us a warning and kept us slept for several minutes after the whole ordeal was done. Wholly unnecessary.
    Evidence
    Logs, that I don't have.
    How you would punish the accused
    Mod managers problem.

Whitelisted Predator SpartanBobby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was involved as sleepy said in the report so here's what happened from my side. Me and sleepy were messing around outside the medic prep room with disarms and such, I end up getting pushed in then we start punching each other and chance joins then. Maybe 3-4 marines came to watch and started cheering us on and stuff it was an all-around good time. After a few minutes of fighting I tap out to go to briefing and someone takes my place I wasn't PM'd about anything so I'm not sure if I got noted or not.
    !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were noted for LRP and 'major roundstart disruption', both of which didn't occur.

We were talking in character and I personally was emoting to the people outside our prep watching us fight. People were screaming "YEAH, GO MURRY! KICK SLEEPY'S ASS!" and just having a good time while Penkina and Murry were trying to get the other to tap out. Trying to act as if it wasn't RPed out is absurd, and when asked in PMs what exactly was LRP about the fight Hunk did not answer.

Nothing was disrupted by our personal actions. Arguably the moderator's own actions disrupted the round far more, because he aslept us and refused to unsleep us for long enough that he made both of the robust Delta medics miss first drop and about half of the planetside engagement. Several people went braindead because the medics were incapable of treating marines in time. Compare this to four to five people getting minor brute for being in a fighting ring and a door to the medic prep being busted open. Nobody received permanent damage from the fight, and Murry, who received the worst damage of us all, healed himself with tricord injectors in two or so minutes.

A medic from cryo came up to us and started shooting at us so he was disarmed and his gun was taken from him. Then he did it a second time and missed every shot. Beyond that he was left untouched by the rest of us and I don't think he was noted for trying to gun us down.

There were MPs in the round at the time and they were more than capable of handling the issue ICly. The MPs were never called nor did they even realize a fight was going on, despite the fact that it had been happening for several minutes.

All in all we got noted for RPing out a fight between Delta squadmates that have been fighting alongside each other for years at this point. If marines aren't pasting their callsigns into chat, acting super serious and using pointless military lingo then they're LRP, apparently.
    Last edited by Kineem; 09-26-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want me to take this serious, you take it fucking serious lumdor and don't shitpost.

I will await logs and hunks side.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    as for my side, i sat watching the whole thing happening, following the naked medic which couldn't gear up because you "were having a good time" on the Delta Medic Preparation and some of the instances i didn't personally saw saw John Murry's Involvement as i was semi-afk taking my medicines. Also, you were punching yourselves to near crit and in fact, I did LOOC you to stop that "Rage Cage" inside Delta medic prep on the point that the Medic armed himself with an revolver and tried to drag you out of the prep room. I must say that i withnessed the naked medic trying to gather MPs to handle that "Rage cage" and when he got ignored by being "Naked", he proceeded up to arm himself and try to remove you from the preparation room.

The reason why i had to sleep ALL the three of you is because of the continued spam of disarming and punching, it should give around 1-2 seconds to see my warning on the LOOC chat.

Yes, i did failed in one of my moderator procedures as not PMing you to find out why you were doing this, but i belive my judgement to Note you all three for LRP and Rule 4 - No Grefing using the point of Round Start Shenanigans, is in fact, correct.

Allow me to quote the rules used to base this punishment:

First one:
    Rule 0.1 Rules are enforced as intended. Every example of a rule break cannot be defined as written, therefore, enforcement of the rules is subject to staff interpretation of the rule's intention.
    Second one:
    Rule 4. No griefing - Griefing is the intent of one player wanting to cause grief or annoyance to other players or the server without a valid roleplay reason[...]

*Major shenanigans that may disrupt the normal flow of the round are not allowed at roundstart. This includes big or lethal fights, briefing brawls, riots, and massive equipment restrictions.
    Based on this, I decided to note you all on the point that it affected the Naked Medic as he couldn't gear up because you three were "having a good time" on the delta preparations calling each other "faggots".

I can't express enough how many times those "Rage cages" are disapproved and frowned upon, by the time you started to disarm the naked medic and push him to the point he couldn't access this preparation, i took action, i must remind you that i do NOT need an ahelp to take action on those cases.

Now expressing my OWN opnion and sorry for the lack of professionalism on my statement: I don't give a fuck if you want to start your own shenanigans with your snowflake friends. As long it does NOT affect other players and don't bend the rule because , "me PFC, me have an excuse to Unga and LRP." i don't give a shit.

Do you want to engage on your own shenanigans, do some where else, do not disturb the other players when the actually want to play, and do NOT use the squad preparations just because it's low pop.

I do apologize in advance again for the lack of professionalism: but Delta mains, Man the fuck up.

this is all and i will be answering the manager on discord when needed.
    Last edited by Hunk1; 09-26-2019 at 06:11 PM. Reason: fix on typos.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    a mess of words
    The fact you cannot keep your composure in a simple report speaks wonderfully for your character -- even moreso when you can't even bother to properly write out a well structured response, and the fact you ignored key details in order to try and prove your point. Again, the medic fired a revolver at us, and we had disarmed him for such. We did not disarm him because we wanted to prevent him from prepping up. He, again, was firing a revolver at us - maybe if you were watching us the entire time, you should've bwoinked him? Or was it not LRP/Griefing to open fire upon marines?

Murry wasn't beaten into crit, either. Again, no broken bones, healed with tricord injectors. Not a big problem.

If you had simply investigated the situation, it would've been handled much better - you've just failed as a moderator, to put it bluntly. Your incompetence is impressive, and it is duly noted your own feelings take precedence before the rules, protocols, and behaviors laid out before you. If I was able to follow it without problem, why aren't you?

Admin Manager
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Round begins, Kineem and Sleepy get assigned as Delta Medics, and go to Squad Req. Murry is there as well.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back in Prep, the fight begins. Near the end of this group of logs, Cheng joins in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Fight is reaching it's end, people start calling for one of them to tap out.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Murry begins healing up, Hunk1 says in LOOC to cease the fight.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Kineem and Sleepy continue to disarm each other, with the occasional disarm on Bob Shoe. This is likely where the medic who was shooting the wall was, but since they did not hit anybody, and the name was not posted, i can't really find them in the logs.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hunk1 begins Admin-sleeping the parties involved, Murry was not slept yet. (Or i just missed the log).

Spoiler Spoiler:

Admin PM and LOOC conversation between parties involved and Hunk1.

Spoiler Spoiler:

End of conversation between parties involved and Hunk1, and LOOC.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is the end of the incident.

I believe this is all of the logs, but it was a lot to sift through so if you believe i missed something, please let me know and i'll check again.
    Last edited by Dubszor; 09-26-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, their name was Alex Quinn, I believe. You can see me firing off the revolver I stole from them, mid combat. They got disarmed, the revolver got thrown in prep, I picked it up, and was disarmed before I could turn on safety.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mother of god that's quite a lot of Combat logs I had to review.

But that being said I reviewed this.

A friendly fist fight between squadmates at the most could be Hooliganism/Disorderly Conduct, and we have the rule about round start shenangians for major or lethal fights at briefing. Was this considered a major round disruption, after I reviewed it, no its not.

However Hunk1 has a point if you're PFC a minor "rage cage" should be taken to somewhere that won't cause disruptions such as operation bunks, canteen, etc...

That being said, Hunk1 was fine to use LOOC to tell people to knock it off. MOOC would have sufficed as well. As far as sleeping everyone, a low pop moderator having to deal with investigating everything can only do so much with looking at logs, and if a moderator is doing an investigation, they are given as much time as they need.

However I am a little less thrilled at some of the responses in this report, things should be kept civil. We shouldn't be insulting each other, letting the emotions get the best of us whether were a victim, witness, or accused. Calling someone a failure as a moderator or telling someone to man the fuck up is not kosher.

Above all, I will not tolerate SHITPOSTING from anyone in a report. I had to forum ban a witness/victim because they wanted to keep acting like a fool when I told them not to. That witness almost got permanently removed from their whitelist council for their actions. I'll be honest, the next person who shitposts on a report, I will just dismiss it. Because if people don't want to take the time to take it a bit serious, why should I take my time to have our team investigate it.

In the end, although there's a ton of combat logs, this was a minor consensual fight and if there were MPs, Hunk1 could have just sent a SM to an MP to break it up.

I'm going to remove the notes on this one, they should be removed over the weekend.