User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Queen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State of the Queen

I've been told Queen whitelisting will never be implemented, and that the best the devs are currently doing are putting a timed unlock on the role, aka needing so many hours before the role is unlocked, while this is miles above what we have now and I embrace it with open arms(it stops the little shits that play marine main throwing up a virtual machine account in seconds and cucking the xeno's on roundstart), it also makes me question just why not a whitelist? The CO gets one, other officers get one, the predators get one, all the important roles get one, besides the xenos most important role. The round deciding role really. The only reasoning I could think is that it would result in hive literally starting without a queen, as the more experienced players rarely play queen and instead go for high combat castes. And to counter that, if there is no queen on roundstart, the drones can surely turn into one. I know it really doesnt matter too much now that the queen isnt on the frontlines as much as in the past, but I still see rounds of what seems to be your average runner IQ but in a queen, making terrible plays, or even a few suicide charges from the queen that make me go.
    "hmmmmmmmm"

Also found out, if the queen doesnt immediately on roundstart forbid the melting of podlocks on map like Solaris, xenos are free to melt it and cuck the hive. Most queens dont have that kind of intelligence, the flow of battle should not be dependent on a non whitelisted role than anyone on their first or second round can pick up

If CO's did half the dumbshit that queens do, they would be role-banned I would imagine, and if they threw themselves on the frontline and died stupidity, it wouldnt cost the marines a huge number of burrowed troops, and there are other officers to immediately take over command. There are also mutinies to deal with bad CO's, but not with xenos, disobedience is an ahelp issue. So im just not seeing why the queen is stuck in this state.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The CO does not make or break the marines. The synth does not make or break the marines. The predators do not (normally) change the outcome of a round.

That being said, the Queen is absolutely necessary for the xenos. The xenos are built around the Queen. If there was a Queen whitelist, not every round would have a Queen. It just wouldn't work. Timed unlock is basically our best option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still wont solve the issues, only stop a few more cases per week. A few less rounds of mind numbing stupidity. But if they make it only take 4-8 hours to unlock, thats only 2-3 rounds played, not nearly enough time for a new player to understand anything before selecting queen, it really only forces those that are abusing the role with alt accounts to age those queen alt accounts instead. And before someone says I have on too much tinfoil, start watching the actions of suspiciously dumb queens. Last week we had 3 outright suicide charges from more or less silent queens that didnt heal or direct the flow of combat all round. And those were just the rounds I was on xeno and paying attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. How else can a player learn queen and queen only mechanics? Not in any other xeno. Trial by fire like everyone else. Just support them and work together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    No. How else can a player learn queen and queen only mechanics? Not in any other xeno. Trial by fire like everyone else. Just support them and work together.
    How do you support silent queens? Or ones that suicide blitz the marine wall and get caded in? You simply cant. That random players 'trial by fire' has degraded the enjoyment of everyone in the round, besides perhaps a few marines that killed the queen. CO's dont have a 'trial by fire' learning grace period, they watch other CO's, say "hey that seems like something I like" and create a whitelist app, then they learn how to be a good CO. The Queen's role is far more important than the CO yet is not held to the same level of rigorous oversight. Bad argument imo

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    At this point what Queen has that other benos don't?
    Neuro? Check
    Screech? Prae check
    Observing other benos? Every beno Check
    Pheros? Drone and such Check
    Being armoured and with fairly big HP pool? Crusher and Defender Check
    Laying eggs? Carrier Check
    Building? Drone and such Check

The only thing is ovi, and you have all the time you need to learn OVI on your first real Queen round, where you are experienced with other benos and what they can do.
    Just dropping some baldo benomain as Queen for "trial by fire" is simply stupid and will result with beno buffs which is even more stupid.
    You can learn 95% what Queen does just by observing her and playing benos a bit. You won't learn how to be good Queen after even 10 rounds of being a Queen as complete baldo who never played CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Its not often I agree with half the things Cabal says but he makes a valid point, Queen is easy to learn.

You sit in one spot, you order flanks to happen, when to attack and when to retreat, all the actual abilities are present in every single xeno caste besides the screech. Queen should only be off of ovi for intelligent flanking maneuvers or re-positioning via tunnel system.

Tunnels are the most OP thing that the xenos have ever been given but maybe 1 out of 10 queens will ever reposition, they all die fighting on the frontlines like combat caste, usually trying to breach a triple stacked fob defense when theres a flank with 1 cade line that could essentially planet wipe the marines.

The queens complete lack of brain cells as of late(honestly in the past wasnt this bad, and that was with a more combat focused queen) will result in xenos getting artificially buffed yet again. The xenos have everything they need to win a round, multi burst larva, tunnels, carriers, it all bottlenecks on the Queen, a role that someone on their very first day of space station 13 can choose.

If you're going to lock it via hours, make it reasonable like 20-30 hours played as XENO. Thats about 10-15 rounds as a normal xeno, almost everyone in the playerbase can already immediately choose queen without any issue, it stops the suspected alt accounts throwing the game, it stops the extra baldies. Whitelisted Queens should take priority tho, or even combine the 2 ideas, any whitelisted queen player will always be in a prioritized pool, then it dips into the second pool of players with the timers unlocked, then if there are still no takers, a larva can turn into a drone and go queen, xenos lose maybe like 3 mins of no queen on roundstart, not a big deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Neuro? Check
    Screech? Prae check
    Observing other benos? Every beno Check
    Pheros? Drone and such Check
    Being armoured and with fairly big HP pool? Crusher and Defender Check
    Laying eggs? Carrier Check
    Building? Drone and such Check

The only thing is ovi, and you have all the time you need to learn OVI on your first real Queen round, where you are experienced with other benos and what they can do.
    Just dropping some baldo benomain as Queen for "trial by fire" is simply stupid and will result with beno buffs which is even more stupid.
    You can learn 95% what Queen does just by observing her and playing benos a bit. You won't learn how to be good Queen after even 10 rounds of being a Queen as complete baldo who never played CM.
    Do you not play video games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty40 View Post
    How do you support silent queens? Or ones that suicide blitz the marine wall and get caded in? You simply cant. That random players 'trial by fire' has degraded the enjoyment of everyone in the round, besides perhaps a few marines that killed the queen. CO's dont have a 'trial by fire' learning grace period, they watch other CO's, say "hey that seems like something I like" and create a whitelist app, then they learn how to be a good CO. The Queen's role is far more important than the CO yet is not held to the same level of rigorous oversight. Bad argument imo
    Same question. Do you even play video games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >intelligent discussion on one of the biggest issues currently, multiple points that could be addressed or argued against.

>Staff response: "Do you even play video games?"

The Absolute State of CM