User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: State of the Queen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whitelists, at the end of the day, are just rewards for well accomplished leaders (COs), great support players (Synths), and absolute dickbags who softgrief the marines (Predators).

They never make or break the round (Normally) , for they can be substituted, or left out completely. Having a Queen whitelist would make absolutely no sense.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh I rather round restart then deal with a bald queen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    so never let new players play queen
    yes
    and alllow people to grief by locking that role?
    If they "grief," then they're going to get piled on with player reports. Once a role becomes whitelisted, people generally have an expectation that said role's going to be competent, and they are going to be acting in good faith. If they don't, people are going to more proactive with reports. Right now, there is no expectation of competence, nor of good faith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    yes

If they "grief," then they're going to get piled on with player reports. Once a role becomes whitelisted, people generally have an expectation that said role's going to be competent, and they are going to be acting in good faith. If they don't, people are going to more proactive with reports. Right now, there is no expectation of competence, nor of good faith.
    Well when the community is this negative like this post no wonder there's no good faith.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when the community is this negative like this post no wonder there's no good faith.
    Benobias in winrates: *exist*
    Staff: "Why people don't trust, or have faith in our fair judgement?"

Queen: *Is the most powerfull single beno in combat*
    Staff: "Jeez, I wonder why it attracts griefers and baldos?"

Queen: *The most important role in the entire game, that could be replaced for first 30 minutes by NPC in ovi and then some other beno could take control of her*
    Staff: "Nah..."

Small chance that with timelock and/or soft/hard whitelist there won't be a Queen roundstart: *might exist*
    Not smart people: "REEEEE! tHiNk Of ThE nEwBiEs! BEST WAY TO LEARN THE QUEEN IS TO PLAY AS ONE!"
    Last edited by CABAL; 10-02-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Benobias in winrates: *exist*
    Staff: "Why people don't trust, or have faith in our fair judgement?"

Queen: *Is the most powerfull single beno in combat*
    Staff: "Jeez, I wonder why it attracts griefers and baldos?"

Queen: *The most important role in the entire game, that could be replaced for first 30 minutes by NPC in ovi and then some other beno could take control of her*
    Staff: "Nah..."

Small chance that with timelock and/or soft/hard whitelist there won't be a Queen roundstart: *might exist*
    Not smart people: "REEEEE! tHiNk Of ThE nEwBiEs! BEST WAY TO LEARN THE QUEEN IS TO PLAY AS ONE!"
    Ya know we try to make the game fun. But when people just want to restrict shit and be toxic and retarded I kinda feel less obligated to go out of my way to help you enjoy your round.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know we try to make the game fun. But when people just want to restrict shit and be toxic and retarded I kinda feel less obligated to go out of my way to help you enjoy your round.
    It's not like by whitelisting/timelocking Queen I can give beno players better experience? Isn't that this help them enjoy their round? Benobias in winrates is not fun. Timelock on Queen is fun for benos who want to have decent Queen atleast, who will Ovi and screech when needed.

Edit: No Beno
    Last edited by CABAL; 10-02-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    It's not like by whitelisting/timelocking Queen I can give beno players better experience? Isn't that this help them enjoy their round? Benobias in winrates is not fun. Timelock on Queen is fun for benos who want to have decent Queen atleast, who will Ovi and screech when needed.

Edit: No Beno
    Generalization of just players attitudes towards the whole situation. No one can deny this community isn't league of legends level of toxic at times. I just wish we didn't have those extremes of people who want to make things so mechanically restrictive theres no chance at fun or enjoyable for players to be creative.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it would increase overall queen competence no?

Besides, whitelisting doesn�t stifle creativity or unorthodox techniques. Does a CO get dewhitelisted for charlie/delta FOB? After all, it makes marines more likely to lose!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    But it would increase overall queen competence no?

Besides, whitelisting doesn�t stifle creativity or unorthodox techniques. Does a CO get dewhitelisted for charlie/delta FOB? After all, it makes marines more likely to lose!
    That's the issue exactly! Players only care about winning, not fun. Of course one side is gonna lose and be mad but for both sides to have as much fun, unique experiences, we can't have such dominatingly restrictive things. No soft whitelist, just a timer.