User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: State of the Queen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    That's the issue exactly! Players only care about winning, not fun. Of course one side is gonna lose and be mad but for both sides to have as much fun, unique experiences, we can't have such dominatingly restrictive things. No soft whitelist, just a timer.
    My point is that COs go for gimmicks all the time, even though they�re whitelisted. A whitelisted queen would lead to more RP and �fun,� if only because you stop getting queens who ask �;hi how do i lay eggs?!?!�

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    My point is that COs go for gimmicks all the time, even though they�re whitelisted. A whitelisted queen would lead to more RP and �fun,� if only because you stop getting queens who ask �;hi how do i lay eggs?!?!�
    I'll agree to disagree here, have a nice day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, fun is very subjective, and for a lot of people, winning IS fun. So idk what you're talking about people not caring about fun here. Hell, if playing CM isn't fun, they'll be playing something else.

Also, again, if you want to talk about fun, I will say that I have fun knowing that my queen isn't someone who's never played SS13/xeno. I don't care about unorthodox strategies (in fact a lot of people, myself included, enjoy it when we get to do new things); but only if the unorthodox strategies come from someone who actually knows the game. Same with CO whitelist really. Sure, new stuff can scare people out, but knowing that it's a whitelisted player cranking out the new strategies instead of some rando McBaldie first time XO can offset a lot of unease.

And I'd like to say that I enjoy seeing Daturix now supporting queen timelock but only after dozens of people have straight up said that they're fine with new queens, they just don't want absolute bald ones, similar to EVERY SINGLE OTHER "BALD QUEEN" THREAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a round where both the CO and the Queen were very bad at the game and it somehow became a 3 hour round and a very weird one at that. This helps to show there is no miracle solution, but a timelock would at least decrease the average baldness of queens. That said, I've yet to hear the benefits of a Queen whitelist over a timelock...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a round recently where I'm pretty sure the Queen didn't know they could rest to restore hp, and charged in a few times with less than 50% health vs 20 or so marines, then died.

A timed unlock would really help as well as making the role opt-in. I convinced my buddy to try this server a few weeks ago and he spawned in as Queen on his first game, he told me it went about as bad as you would expect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support this. I didnt do queen until I watched how other queens played and knew what to do, so when i played queen my first time i knew everything

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the dev reply to this issue:

Quote Originally Posted by Cakey View Post
    We are working on a timelock system that will affect all roles and have pre-requisites based on other roles rather than global playtime. This will come into effect for any role that isn't a PFC or a whitelisted role. For example, roundstart queen will require X hours as a standard xenomorph before being selectable, and RO will require X hours as a CT before being selectable.
    Wait until they implement it, then get back to this issue if it didn't work. I think it's a waste of time speculating what would and what wouldn't work without seeing your ideas in practice. A timelock has been suggested some time ago, now the system more or less enables it - give the devs a bit more, and we will see it in action.

And, if it flukes out, time to ree on the forums. Until then, this topic is just a jumping at each others' throat 4noraisin.
    April - Synthetic
    VIC - Xenomorph

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicacrov View Post
    Read the dev reply to this issue:

Wait until they implement it, then get back to this issue if it didn't work. I think it's a waste of time speculating what would and what wouldn't work without seeing your ideas in practice. A timelock has been suggested some time ago, now the system more or less enables it - give the devs a bit more, and we will see it in action.

And, if it flukes out, time to ree on the forums. Until then, this topic is just a jumping at each others' throat 4noraisin.
    Ah we can ree if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
    Cause your friends don't ree and if they don't ree
    Well they're are no friends of mine

check the dates on the replies, coroime just necrod this post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Ah we can ree if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
    Cause your friends don't ree and if they don't ree
    Well they're are no friends of mine