Date of Incident
    September 26, 2019

Your Character Name?
    Reinhard Shriver

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    doitallornot

Accused Character Name
    Ku'leluk Sav

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    10:30pm

What rule(s) were broken:
    Predator Honor Code

Description of the incident:
    Context:
    I am Charlie SL on Ice colony. At this point in the round we know the xenos number around 40. Heavy skirmishing north of the bar with about 3-4 xenos at a time, then suddenly the MD picks up 6 contacts, then 8, then 10. I tell my squad and the Delta stragglers to fall back to the bar. At this point I am relatively healthy (and I look healthy), but in orange level pain, you know how it is. We have contacts coming in from dorms, from north, and from the garage and we're *heavily* outnumbered.

My point of view:
    We have T3s on the front lines directly engaging us as we begin to fallback, I hear screaming and see a sensor ping to my east, through the window to the garage repair room. A PFC is down, a predator is attacking her relentlessly, one of our medics is moving to recover her. I begin firing on the pred, who's been running around us all round so far, with few issues. He backs off, I climb over the window and stow my HPR to grab a roller bed, at this points I have consistently 10 contacts on MD and I'm yelling for everyone to get back, we're seconds from being swarmed by xenos. I order the medic to pull the PFC out so we can leave. Medic is splinting first. I have xenos onscreen to my west, separated by a window frame. Pred runs back into the room, sword drawn. He attacks me before I can draw my rifle again, and I get knocked down on the first hit. He then begins slashing me repeatedly, I go into critical, the medic draws and fires on the pred, who's now forced her to choose between leaving the SL or the PFC to die to the xenos. The pred begins attacking her, downing her. Pred begins slashing her while she's down. At this point Xenos come through the window and we stand zero chance at survival. At some point between the xenos entering the room and our deaths all three of us manage to stand briefly at one moment or another. But at this point we have to choose between the rush of xenos we were already running from, and an aggressive predator. After I am killed, the predator drags my body east into the garage proper, and decapitates me.

Why I feel this deserves a report:
    From my point of view, I am fighting the xenos. I have zero interest or availability to interact with the predator. I got command, jtac, and my squad to coordinate, I have a fatty on standby via CAS. I already have mortar coordinates for the center of the area we are fighting in. Suddenly a pred comes out of nowhere, kills the shit out of me, one of my more reliable PFCs, and a wounded medic. I can't call in CAS, or Mortars while I'm dead. I am in the middle of fighting xenos when the pred attacks us. This was pretty jarring, in all my time on this server I've never had this situation come up before.

Rules and shit to consider:
    Examples of Worthy prey:
    A Xeno that is actively moving around the map and not engaged in a current fight. [I assume this example extends to marines]
    So none of us are worthy prey, as we are actively retreating from xenos.
    Luna may have begun engaging the pred in the garage, but she was certainly wounded the last time I saw her. Which leads us to...

Examples of Innocent Prey:
    A human/xeno who is wounded, missing their limbs or ill from disease (Injuries caused from Predators make them viable to be hunted later if they escape)
    PFC and Medic were both wounded earlier in the fighting. I'm not completely sure what the PFCs injuries were, but I did see them in crit prior to this engagement.

Examples of Unworthy Prey:
    Any prey who flees from an honor duel, heals mid-duel, or intentionally receives assistance from others during said duel. This also includes other individuals who interfere with a duel, drag away, or protect the body of the Predator's victim.
    From the predators behavior, I OOCly had zero reason to assume this was an honor duel. This was a previously injured marine, who was not being allowed to stand and fight.

Any prey or group who actively pursues/engage the Predator themselves, who the Predator is not hunting/disrupting. This does not apply to groups pursuing the Predator after they have engaged targets in front of offending parties (Groups defending a FOB/Hive or defending others are not considered unworthy)
    I specifically never made a move to follow the predator through the door deeper into the garage. I also stowed my weapon after the pred disengaged.

I was not worthy prey. The medic is definitely not worthy prey and should have been considered innocent prey. The PFC is not in an honor duel, not worthy prey, at best she was unworthy prey.
    After the three of us are dispatched, the predator takes a trophy from my body. He does not take a trophy from the medic or, notably, the PFC. This signals the predator regarded me as worthy prey, but not the PFC. If that is the case, then killing the medic is a breach of the honor code at the very least.

In addition to the above, the rules specify that group classification exists. As we were all in the same squad, fighting the xenos at the time, I believe this classifies any and all of us at the dorms/garage/bar area as not falling into worthy prey category.

Rules Aside:
    Generally it's been frowned upon for the predator to interrupt combat on the front lines. For a predator to kill 2 squad roles on the front lines, is fairly poor etiquette.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    -Here's the first time I'm aware there's pred/marine fighting. Note that there's a guy being spat on nearby:
    Samuel Hydeburg's armor deflects the acid spit!
    PFC Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos stammers, "F-F-FUCKING F-FUCK"
    LCPL Horst 'Thunder' Jagemann [JTAC (Charlie Eng)] asks, "Any more mortar targets?"
    PFC Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos stammers, "THE P-P-PAIN"
    SSGT Reinhard Shriver says, "TO BAR"
    PFC Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos stammers, "Y-YOU F-F-FUCKER
    Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos has been ripped in the chest with clan sword by Unknown!
    You hear a loud cracking sound coming from Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos!
    PFC Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos screams!
    The wound on Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos's chest widens with a nasty ripping noise.
    Luna 'Firecracker' Thyatos has been knocked down!
    You fire the M41AE2 heavy pulse rifle (Wielded)! 61/300

^I am almost certain Luna was already on the ground in the above, but my logs show the knockdown message here. I was a little distracted with xenos at the time.

-Here's an extract showing I have xenos engaging onscreen at the same time as the pred
    The Ancient Hivelord (XX-647)'s broken exoskeleton plate takes the force of the impact!
    The Ancient Spitter (BI-11-O5) spits at the dirt floor!
    You grab M41AE2 heavy pulse rifle with both hands.
    You fire the M41AE2 heavy pulse rifle (Wielded)! 57/300
    Unknown is hit by the rifle bullet in the head!
    The Ancient Hivelord (XX-647)'s broken exoskeleton plate takes the force of the impact!
    The Ancient Hivelord (XX-647) roars!
    The Ancient Hivelord (XX-647) regurgitates a pulsating node and plants it on the ground!
    Unknown screams!
    The M41AE2 heavy pulse rifle (Wielded) is not ready to fire again!
    You really need some painkillers!
    Reinhard Shriver has been cut in the chest with clan sword by Unknown!

-Medic has visible injuries already:
    Unknown (as Jayne'Ambulance'Staymates) starts splinting their head.

How you would punish the accused:
    I think it's clear that doitallornot wasn't considering who or what is worthy prey. Reinforce the honor code. Give the accused clear examples of when it's alright, or not alright to remove a player from the round. I'd ask for a harsher punishment given the leeway this role has, but the rules are extremely unclear and from what I understand predator is a frustrating role sometimes.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Council will look into this while we wait for logs. But from what you explained theres every chance that the PFC and predator were dueling, Which would have made you fair game for interrupting even if you were injured, as you only saw the tail end of their altercation. But we will wait to see logs and full circumstances.
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still looking into this -- as best as we can without logs. Until we get those, it's pretty much dead in the water, sorry to say.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:
    First encounter with the pred:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Some healing logs, showing state of Reinhard, whom the pred killed and took a trophy of, apparently:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medic healing Luna:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Second encounter with pred:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The council talked about this in a council meeting, and it was decided that the predator in question was in the wrong for hunting/killing the three marines he did.
    Luna was already wounded, and the only thing they did was punch after he spam disarmed her - innocent
    Reinhard was heavily wounded and defending a marine he was hunting - innocent
    Jayne was treating patients and wasn't getting involved whatsoever - innocent.

Given the circumstances, that being the marines did nothing unworthy since they were all wounded and not the ones starting the fight, the council has decided a suspension is in order for doitallornot
    Last edited by Banned User ID63; 10-06-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were warned 8 months ago about this, And I checked your time so it seems to me that you haven't played much and when you did recently return. I don't think you learned from your mistakes.

So its going to be a 2 week suspension. Normally it would be a heavy warning but this is the same thing you've done before. And I'd like for you to review the honor code and the section where it states wounded/innocent prey.