User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lagfnacy - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lagfnacy - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Lagfnacy
    Character Name?
    Maximilian "Zuppa" Toscana
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    no job
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Sargash
    Total Ban Duration
    infinite
    Remaining Duration
    infinite
    What other servers do you play on?
    None
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Nope
    Reason for Ban
    Do to multiple recent warnings, and previous history. You are being banned from the CM discord again. Your offences include
    Posting NSFW content
    Content intended purely to cause pain/harm to others (Extreme ear rape and seizure inducing content)
    Videos of cooking a dog. (admittedly minor, but still not acceptable in most societies.)
    And general hate/transphobic/racist content.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    To be honest, it has taken so long for me to appeal simply because I don't even know how to start with this. This isn't my first appeal for a discord ban, the first one was due to a NSFW meme that I no longer have due to a new PC. I was warned after getting unbanned for constantly posting earrape webms and I've been extremely careful with what I post, in one occasion I took to ask one of the discord mods if it was safe to post I believe was a picture which could be considered a bit edgy.

Thought what I've been told got my banned was the video I posted of a dog cooking tutorial, for some reason I had that in my recommended in youtube and I figured " Maybe I can start some funny conversations or get some funny reactions from people. ". I didn't think through how much this could offend someone who could have a or had a dog or any kind of pet, I myself had 2 dogs who died about 3 years ago. Me posting the video is one of the reason for not appealing any time sooner, makes me feel pretty damn embarrassed. I really should have atleast asked one of the mods if it would be okay to post something like that.

Now going to the hate/transphobic/racist content, if I'm being completely honest, I'm sorry if I've ever offended anyone or people reported me for comments I made in the discord, but I honestly find it dumb to have to apologize for stupid jokes or comments I've posted. I can't say I'll stop, but I'll cut back on it. I enjoy taking jabs at people, but my intention has never been to make them feel alienated or to try and actually hurt them.

I would love to be able to go back onto the discord, it's been one of my favorite places to talk with other people and to shitpost with others.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I had to think on this for a while.

A few things I considered

You seem pretty honest about the appeal. I appreciate that. You took responsiblity and that is something we don't see all the time. Its extremely important and honestly what I look for in a appeal. For me however... there's some personal feelings that came up:

Some people actually have epilepsy on the server. You had no concern for people who might have a seizure. Ear rape aside it... just isn't cool

Cooking a dog..... thats what really got me. That's the worst of animal cruelty. Even if you were being edgy... I just can't comprehend this.

The transphobic/racist/hate content. You state you are sorry, however then you add a caveat "but". When people use a but it is not an apology for one�s behavior but actually a maneuver to hold the other person responsible for one�s behavior. In other words, �You caused me to say this to you.� You don't say you'll change so that's a huge negative for me.

All things considered:

You have been banned before. You should have taken that time to realize what you have done and act better. That being said I usually give people 3 strikes. You do seem sorry for your actions for the most part, that being said: I can't say if really I as a person can support your appeal. Frankly, cooking a dog is... extremely bad (I mean so bad that if you were on a discord that I owned I would never let you back) and for me personally, its just too much to accept. The last bit was essentially saying you will try to be better but you can't promise us anything regarding hate speech/transphobic/racist comments wasn't wonderful either.

Don't get me wrong its a well written appeal.., I just think there are so many bridges you burned there that I can't recommend letting you back

Last edited by starmute; 09-28-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're sorry that people have feelings.

I never got a single thing from you that wasn't distasteful or just absolutely terrible.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like distasteful stuff, but I also know that there are places where such stuff is not acceptable. Our discord is such place. You can easily find a different discord as an outlet for your memes and shitposting. Refusing to accept that we do not allow such content even after warnings just shows our discord is not for you.

Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta mirror a lot of what Starmute said. Give it some more time and ya might get back in, but for now its a No from my side.

Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for not responding any sooner, I've been sick and busy with collegework this week I'll have a more developed reply tomorrow. For now I'd like to say that I've your guy's thoughts and they've given me a lot to think about, this is the first time I've ever felt this shit for things I did in an online setting. If this get closed before I get to reply, I just want to say I'm sorry for all the shit I've made you guys put up with me and I didnt mean for my appeal to sound like I'm the victim here. I'm sorry and I'm more than willing to put a complete stop to my crude and offensive humor if it means coming back.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All has been said.

Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was planning on writing a better reply to your guys comments, but I don't think I can. I don't really feel comfortable sharing things I've talked privately about with people in this community concerning their health or problems they had and one that is not on the discord anymore. I really never meant to hurt anybody and when debates got heated I always messaged them privately to clear things up. I think I'm just going to keep this short, it really does hurt me to continue with this appeal since it's so evident that I will not be allowed back in. To be honest I mainly wanted to come back to the discord for the new round alert ping (I like rolling survivor). I'm a pretty emotional person so knowing your guys thoughts on myself and the way I acted in discord gave such a horrible impression of me is just making me tear up. I'm probably not going to try and appeal again, I was making people uncomfortable on the discord and some people would rather not have me back. Sorry if this came out horribly written I have a friend who's helped me with this appeal and was the main reason for me to try and do so, he even warned me not to say "but" and just leave it at being "sorry and will not happen again", I rather just type this myself and be done with it.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you promise to stop your crude shitposting, then okay, I say you can come back, but seriously, last chance.

Changing to +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to understand that you crossed the line and your most recent reply shows authentic remorse. I think you deserve a final chance.

+1