User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MonkeyMan - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
    The thing is, most of the servers I can play on like FTL13 and Toolbox barely have enough pop to have an admin or two on unless you're talking about Goon of course, but I barely play there. The servers I join where I'm "a regular and never causes trouble" are extremely low-pop but I've had great experiences with the players on them. When you're banned on a bunch of servers and want to somehow redeem yourself a successful appeal really isn't in your favor.

I�m going to be real with you man, Lordington said you should play on other servers and get a better reputation first before applying for a ban appeal here. I give you credit for trying to appeal this every 30 days, but it sounds like you�ve been banned from almost every popular server. You�ve been permabanned from TG marines and that is not good as they haven�t been around for very long. Fact is were one of the most popular SS13 servers, maybe you would have better luck getting unbanned from another server and proving yourself there before we could support an unban here.

I won�t shoot you down with a -1, but at the same time I think you need to start somewhere else before we let you back here.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard - 1 unless you can get another fairly populated server, where you have a decent amount of hours on, to vouch for you, sorry lad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I�m going to be real with you man, Lordington said you should play on other servers and get a better reputation first before applying for a ban appeal here. I give you credit for trying to appeal this every 30 days, but it sounds like you�ve been banned from almost every popular server. You�ve been permabanned from TG marines and that is not good as they haven�t been around for very long. Fact is were one of the most popular SS13 servers, maybe you would have better luck getting unbanned from another server and proving yourself there before we could support an unban here.

I won�t shoot you down with a -1, but at the same time I think you need to start somewhere else before we let you back here.
    Getting any reputation on a server is nigh-impossible unless you play on a server constantly/weekly. I really don't have the time to invest into a server and the only decent pop one I've been playing on for a year or so without being perma'd is Yog, but most of the administration don't even know who I am IC and OOC so why would they vouch for me? Tried PM'ing some admins over at Yog for a vouch of good behavior for previous ban, but like I said, they had no idea who I was. For example, most people with good/bad reputations on CM have been playing CM since it was a wee-lad like Bill Carson, etc.. I play on servers where the administration staff is barely ever on to ever actually see my good behavior and have anything to form a basis for a vouch of good behavior like FTL13 and Toolbox. Telling me to get a voucher from a decent-pop server is quite the unfortunate cycle of any ban appeal I've made for places like Baystation, Bad Deathclaw, Aurora, etc.. is making an earnest appeal only for it to be denied because I can't get a server to vouch for me.

My appeal is a sincere apology, nothing more nothing less. I'll try and get in contact with the administration of some servers I play on and see if they could vouch for my good behavior.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MonkeyMan; 01-06-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking about this appeal a fair bit. I feel that a good effort has been put into this appeal, and that he does seem to be genuinely sorry. I'd support giving him one last shot, with a probationary period to prove he's actually changed. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be voting -1 as your history is too bad and you are banned from many other places.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizari View Post
    I'm going to be voting -1 as your history is too bad and you are banned from many other places.
    Like I've said plenty times before, I know I have a bad history and -1'ing me for it is one of the most suckiest things an admin can do. I seriously want to change and I've had a generally great attitude and behavior on the lowpop servers I've joined as of late. My note history keeps haunting me with admin replies like this and it saddens me that you can't see how much effort I've put into becoming an actual decent player.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to understand we have to hold our player base to a higher standard. We are the most populated server, and the style of gameplay on the server is ripe for griefing and uneeded/unwanted shenanigans. It's not that we don't want to help you, it's that we want to see some proof of good conduct elsewhere so we can make a more informed decesion.
    Last edited by RobBrown4PM; 01-06-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    I've been thinking about this appeal a fair bit. I feel that a good effort has been put into this appeal, and that he does seem to be genuinely sorry. I'd support giving him one last shot, with a probationary period to prove he's actually changed. +1
    This.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a better reputation with other servers first please. And yes you can get information from yog, its not very hard. You can get a voucher from anywhere IF you ask them to do it. You DO NOT have to be in the admins good graces. You just have to ask them to post your playtime and any notes. Even low pop servers.

Tell them to make a post describing your play times and ban history.

If this is tough to do I'm sorry, however this is the position you put yourself in.

-1 Until you do.

You got a goon admin to vouch. I changed my vote.
    Last edited by starmute; 01-08-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm gonna go ahead and tally up all the -1's from admins because I don't have a vouch from other servers for good behavior as of yet (this really has nothing to do with the quality or sincerity of my ban appeal but rather the fact I don't have anyone to vouch for me).
    THE 'GET A VOUCH' LIST
    1. Jaketeaking
    2. RobBrown4PM
    3. Starmute
    4. ThesoldierLLJK

Got in contact with some folks on Goon and I'm waiting for their response. Really, I honestly want to change.