User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MonkeyMan - Ban Appeal (Permanent Ban)

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, I'm gonna be honest, you're attitude here isn't exactly fantastic. You've got an extremely poor history, and I don't think it's unreasonable that other members of Staff want a vouch from another server. Perma appeals are the lowest priority to get sorted though. I'm really not feeling too good about this appeal any more, and I'm gonna have to change my vote to a -1 as well.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    Hey man, I'm gonna be honest, you're attitude here isn't exactly fantastic. You've got an extremely poor history, and I don't think it's unreasonable that other members of Staff want a vouch from another server. Perma appeals are the lowest priority to get sorted though. I'm really not feeling too good about this appeal any more, and I'm gonna have to change my vote to a -1 as well.
    Not sure how much times I'll have to repeat this, but I'm fully aware of my bad notes from the past. The whole point of my appeal is to prove I'm willing to change and already am changing. I get it that most of the administration staff is skeptical, but really, I'm just your average guy trying to be able to play again. Honestly, I have no idea how much more ban appeals (if I have to) I'll have to make to get this point across. All I ask for is another chance to prove myself.
    Last edited by MonkeyMan; 01-07-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
    Not sure how much times I'll have to repeat this, but I'm fully aware of my bad notes from the past. The whole point of my appeal is to prove I'm willing to change and already am changing. I get it that most of the administration staff is skeptical, but really, I'm just your average guy trying to be able to play again. Honestly, I have no idea how much more ban appeals (if I have to) I'll have to make to get this point across. All I ask for is another chance to prove myself.
    I'll make it easy for you, get a vouch from Goonstation, and I'll support an unban with a probation, since you've put obvious effort into this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I'll make it easy for you, get a vouch from Goonstation, and I'll support an unban with a probation, since you've put obvious effort into this.
    Y'see, I've been playing Goon since I started SS13 and when I contacted some of the administration for a voucher over PM's they had no idea who I was or just flat out didn't respond. This is the problem with vouchers, sure they can help your case, but they're more of a mixed bag.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
    Y'see, I've been playing Goon since I started SS13 and when I contacted some of the administration for a voucher over PM's they had no idea who I was or just flat out didn't respond. This is the problem with vouchers, sure they can help your case, but they're more of a mixed bag.
    Well one of our regulars is a goon admin and I spoke with them. You have no notes but according to them you�re not a trouble maker.

So here�s the deal since you�re actively trying to get unbanned I�m going to keep my word and throw you a +1 as Goonstation admins haven�t reported any recent negative
    behavior.

Just for clarification no recent notes but they didn�t give a glowing vouch they just gave a basic �he has played here he doesn�t cause trouble cause he has no notes�

However you shot yourself in the foot by DMinh a senior mod about changing his vote, so that will probably be held against you, good luck
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-08-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, with a probation.

DMing a staffmember about changing their vote is about the last thing you should do when appealing a note, and other folks will hold it against you hard.

However, You have put effort into the appeal, got a vouch from Goon. Everyone should get a second chance, and the cycle of "do better on another server and come back afterwards" has to be broken somewhere, and I am fine with it being here.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goonstation admin vouched for you

Changing to
    +1 with HEAVY probation for a month due to the DM incident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm going to be honest with you, You sent me a PM asking me to change my vote and whilst theres nothing to say you cant, Its something we frown upon. I appreciate the effort you have went to get this resolved but you really shouldn't PM staff to change stuff. I'm retracting my -1 and will +1 on a Heavy Probation period if the management agree's to that.
    Last edited by Mizari; 01-08-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m willing to give you a shot, so long as there is a heavy probation. You�ve out effort into this app, and I can respect that. I can also respect you�re trying to change for the better and I hope it works out. I�m willing to give you my official +1, on the condition that you keep up your end of the bargain and do change for the better. A heavy probation seems fair to me, and thus even a minor mishap can lead to this being reverted.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I'm changing my vote for the second time, considering that goon reported that you've not caused any issues. I support a heavy probation, and if this appeal is accepted, trust that you'll be on your absolute best behavior, and won't make us regret this second chance. +1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???