Allakai - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Allakai

Marine Name
    Jessica 'Mayfly' Hoover

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Gura'Tai Thar'n

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    I have not, no.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am familiar with the Honor Code.

Yautja Character Story
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Full Story:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Gura�Tai is a Yautja that seeks to learn and grow. A hunter that wants to grow by means of studying his prey, every kill is a chapter in his book of life. The hunt and want for glory only fuels his desire to explore and understand the way in which the universe works. He studies his prey and allies alike. He is a hunter that respects things, even to those that are fools for they do not know the errors of their ways.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    In the respects of the Yautja culture, both a duel and a hunt share exceptional similarities yet are incredibly different from one another. Both hunts and duels are honorable and sacred to the Yautja culture and the interworking of their society.
    An honor duel is a means that the Yautja see their opposite as an equal in the means that they will fight to decide in the end of whom is the better warrior. It is a challenge accepted by both warriors. It is a means also to challenge the remarks of another Yautja to another if they are intent on doing nothing more than belittling the one being challenged at every step and they finally make the move to want to physically settle the issue. Duels are to be fought honorably in hand to hand with no healing and are meant to be taken very seriously. I am also aware that honor duels do not always end in death and dependent on circumstance, the loser of the duel can be spared. And depending on if the other duelist is a human, a reward is to be given to them if the Yautja is spared or if the Predator finds the human worthy enough to let live.
    A hunt, meanwhile, is where the Yautja finds prey still worthy to fight but in the manner that the hunter is seeking glory by means that they, the Yautja, have hunted the beast outsmarted them, studied them, and in the end, won and collected the trophy to show their victory over their prey. In the instance of a hunt, the prey is below the predator that is why it is hunted. In the instance of a duel, the duelist are equal to one another.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    The interaction of Gura�Tai with his fellow (or perhaps in the rare case unfriendly) predators is one always to be of respect. He is an incredibly cautious Yautja, one that tends to err on the side of caution. With Yautja, Gura�Tai considers those he is close with. He is supportive and a hunter that can give critical and truthful statements of his thoughts. To predators that he is not on entire friendly terms with, he still intends to be a warrior that can be trusted with his knowledge and skill as everything he does is calculated carefully.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    The Predators have always been something that I have been immensely interested in ever since I was young. The first time I saw the original Predator I knew they, the Yautja, were a very cool species. I watched the movies, even the �bad� ones and had always found fascination in them. The books as well were something I immensely enjoyed when the lifestyle, characters, and world of the Yautja was explained and told in great detail. For this whitelist I wish to show and share my fascination of the Yautja with others through my abilities to roleplay and to create a story that is enjoyed by many and that is to be remembered in ways that inspire other players to want to experience a story and roleplay with such a fascinating sci-fi species.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick question, as Thar'n is an existing clan name (and a largish one at that) did you receive permission from an existing member of the clan to use the name? And if so, who was it?

Edit: Answer was in discord already and I, like a total noob, did not check.
    Last edited by forest2001; 09-29-2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: dumb
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forest2001 View Post
    Just a quick question, as Thar'n is an existing clan name (and a largish one at that) did you receive permission from an existing member of the clan to use the name? And if so, who was it?
    I did in fact receive permission from the appropriate person and had asked SpartanBobby if I could use their clan name.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allakai View Post
    I did in fact receive permission from the appropriate person and had asked SpartanBobby if I could use their clan name.
    Aye, read that in discord as I posted heh. I look forward to reading your story, there seems to be a lot of hope you do well.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thar'n Gang.

Allakai is relatively new to CM, that much is sure, but they're a stubbornly good roleplayer. I've seen them commit to their character in other servers, even if others around them were not, keeping up an air of HRP around them -- much more than CM, and the pred whitelist requires, if I'm honest.

They're as trustworthy as one could be in this community, they've kept their nose clean as far I can tell, and they're an admin on HaloS13 - for all intents and purposes, I know they won't abuse the whitelist if they got it. As an anecdote, whilst playing as a frankly overpowered WL on Halostation, instead of always going full on balls to the walls and murderboning everything they saw - they tried to keep people alive, in order to roleplay with them further - even to their own detriment. Suffice to say, I don't see allakai abusing the whitelist, or just trying to make rounds worse.

TL;DR, good person, as reliable as you can get in this community.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tharn's bad so -1

Now seriously, your story is pretty well written I liked it.

Sadly I'm currently inactive Ingame so I can't actually watch your roleplay, thought, I trust on defaultio so I'm willing to give you a shot

+1

Good luck on your app.

Hope to see you on the hunting grounds when I come back

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were very nervous approaching me about your app, So I did the best I could try to give you the resources to do it and you managed to create this on your own.

I am impressed, +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok tharn +1 (i made it big and green in case you couldn't see it btw)
    beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am impressed, pretty good.

I liked the story and I have seen you around.

See you on the hunting grounds.

+1
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gura'Tai favours S'ahul? Immediate +1.

But seriously, the story was well-written and interesting, and trustworthy people have a lot of good stuff to say about you. On top of that you clearly have a lot of passion for roleplay as well as Predators themselves.

Very good app, seemingly a very good player, very big +1.

P.S. S'ahul best.