Byond ID?
    Varnock

CM Character?
    Jacob Blacpool/EO-V

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    PST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20-30

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, here in fact!

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Nope.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made
    Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.ph...p=77255#p77255 is my old predator. Unsure if you wanted that too, but it's there just in case.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope. Maybe sticky'd, but I don't think it took that long, and I don't think that's what you meant anyways.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes. I was perma'd on Hippie a looooong time ago for metacomms, but it was dealt with and I haven't been banned in years, nor do I play any other servers anyways.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Of course!

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Potentially nothing, it's been dealt with IC. Maybe ask for an Aheal on whoever got shot if they were killed due to the griefing. It's if they already have notes or warnings, or even a past ban, involving griefing that I would escalate into a temporary ban, or maybe even a perma if this is a weekly thing they've been up to.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Suggest they make a player report and provide a link to the forum. Once it's actually a report logs of that session of CM can be dug through to find out the full situation and proceed from there.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd start with a quick message to make sure they understand english, then direct them to the 'Getting Started' guide on the wiki if they do.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I feel like this is a tricky one. I personally am not really triggered by name calling, and would likely just resolve the situation myself unless an A+ was actually needed. Probably give them a note and warning for being rude if it continues beyond that? Either way I am of the opinion that if they're having a salt fest sending them up the chain is just going to result in a bigger punishment. Better for all involved if I do it when possible, especially if it's just salt from dying. No one needs to be banned over a bit of salt, not unless it escalates into broken rules.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Thank them for the information and message the marine in question to inform them of rule 12. If the name is still a thing their next round I would have to have it changed. Feels harsh to react more than that for something so small unless they're purposefully abusing it with a rude or offensive name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Message them to ask why they're carting around equipment in case I missed an event worthy of gear being grabbed. If things are all well inform them of the violation to rule 6 and ask them to return it. If it's a repeat offense, add a note, escalating as needed.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I do not, it is an IC issue. If the Survivor decides to try and change their mind when they get gunned down later, they don't get any help either. It started, and ended, with the people involved.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Inform that the situation is being looked in to. Message the MP asking what the crimes were to see what the proper times would be. Immediately that looks like trespassing and theft, a 60 minute total, not quite enough for perma, which would move me to requesting a lessening of time, or an IC response via High Command if possible. If it did manage to hit perma times, inform the marine that they have regrettably broken marine law and to try the radios outside req instead to avoid this in the future.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    With the inability to 'Mother'/'Ares' them it would be easiest to QM the xenos and order death by glorious combat as I have seen done in the past. Force them to go to the ship if necessary, as I know it is entirely possible with the changes to xeno to de-evolve and go queen to make this a thing.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As a medic I have an important job that isn't easy to step away from. My first attempt would be asking a different staff to check things out if possible so as not to slow down the round further than all those corpses already would. Barring that I think making my own player report so things are certain sounds like the best move.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform them it's an IC situation as you are hostile parties to one another, similarly to how marines shooting xenos doesn't count as EORG.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This sounds like an IC issue to me until it escalates more. Tell the Ahelper to inform MPs. If they start murdering people I will step in.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Inform the attacker that this is improper escalation and check their notes. If they have a history of this, perhaps a short to medium ban.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC informing all those involved that this is NOT a proper mutiny and there WILL be a response if this course of action is continued. If that still doesn't do it, maybe freezing people or just calling in admin+ who definitely has the tools. At the very least I can note down names and Ckeys for later.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Request the one making the comments tone it down as they are toeing rule 3. If it continues despite this inform them that they are offending people, and further incidents will be punished.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Oh boy, I remember these. That one gets a ban for intentional griefing and attempting to avoid punishment. I'd have to call in an admin+ for the aheals though.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If able I'll watch for a time. They might just be re-positioning to be closer to conflict when they evolve so to assist faster. If they just visibly commit suicide though I'd note them for griefing, or xeno job ban if they have a history of it.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Inform them that we are still a MRP server and LRP like that won't be tolerated along with the fact they are likely not following orders and breaking that rule as well. If it still persists after my warning, I'd note them and kick the player for a different person to take the body. Maybe a temporary xeno job ban.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform them that as long as they aren't 'memeing', being racist, or insulting people that the hivemind is just a base approximation of what they 'said'. You can translate it to just about anything that fits the situation. On top of this I believe the current expected contact rules alter this into not being a thing if you want that as well.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I am unsure how to answer this due to the expected contact test. Prior to this change I would inform the player that they don't actually know what's down there yet, only WY and high command knowing anything about the xenos.
    NOW though, I would tell them it's part of the test and to roll with it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Regardless of how they color it, this sounds like griefing and being a dick to me. They forced a 'loss' on someone by killing them just so they could 'win' a round that was already actually lost if evac was triggered in the first place. Unless there are some extreme circumstances involved like a rivalry all round, this doesn't sound okay to me.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Salt is salt, I will use it for popcorn.
    In all seriousness though, this doesn't sound like a problem unless they start getting extremely overboard with it, in which case I shall mute them. People can have an opinion as long as they don't start breaking rules.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    Inform them that, regrettably, this cannot be done. It would set a precedent that's a bit too large considering how often crashes happen that involve hugging or outright death occur.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Msay the issue and have a quick discussion in that relative privacy. Might just be we interpret a situation differently, but I would try to let the other staff continue to handle after that rather than jump in and make them look bad.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Well from this example it sounds as if a singular staff thinks there is a problem, and multiple do not. I think I'd likely weight with the majority for now. A player report or log diving later can always clear things up, though I suppose that's also true of a ban appeal. I do not like a 'better safe than sorry' approach of just banning though.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I honestly had fun last time and truly regret losing my moderator status due to inactivity. There aren't any foreseeable losses of internet or moves in my future this time though!

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Observational skills. A bit of detective work will often clarify most otherwise apparently grey incidents.

Anything else you
    Anything else, eh? Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

In all seriousness though, you guys may want to consider some app caveats here for the current expected contact RP test, it makes a few of these questions totally different answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I myself do not know of you so must have been well before my time of good activity but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Varnock View Post
    Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Potentially nothing, it's been dealt with IC. Maybe ask for an Aheal on whoever got shot if they were killed due to the griefing. It's if they already have notes or warnings, or even a past ban, involving griefing that I would escalate into a temporary ban, or maybe even a perma if this is a weekly thing they've been up to.
    An aheal for a mere shot is not needed and the question states shoots, not kills, the details matter.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd start with a quick message to make sure they understand english, then direct them to the 'Getting Started' guide on the wiki if they do.
    We have mentors now whose job it is to handle this.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I feel like this is a tricky one. I personally am not really triggered by name calling, and would likely just resolve the situation myself unless an A+ was actually needed. Probably give them a note and warning for being rude if it continues beyond that? Either way I am of the opinion that if they're having a salt fest sending them up the chain is just going to result in a bigger punishment. Better for all involved if I do it when possible, especially if it's just salt from dying. No one needs to be banned over a bit of salt, not unless it escalates into broken rules.
    Answer is fine, clarifying that regardless of the situation, a player who's ahelp is marked by you is yours and no one else but yours unless you deem such, should never feel pressure to hand it off. Admin shopping is also not allowed.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Thank them for the information and message the marine in question to inform them of rule 12. If the name is still a thing their next round I would have to have it changed. Feels harsh to react more than that for something so small unless they're purposefully abusing it with a rude or offensive name.
    Change the name that round as mods can do so, they can change it when dead or next lobby.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Message them to ask why they're carting around equipment in case I missed an event worthy of gear being grabbed. If things are all well inform them of the violation to rule 6 and ask them to return it. If it's a repeat offense, add a note, escalating as needed.
    What would be an event worthy of the gear being grabbed? What defines being things all well?

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I do not, it is an IC issue. If the Survivor decides to try and change their mind when they get gunned down later, they don't get any help either. It started, and ended, with the people involved.
    Would you not explain the situation to the marine? They get killed, ahelp asking what the hell happened and are left in the dark and ignored?

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Inform that the situation is being looked in to. Message the MP asking what the crimes were to see what the proper times would be. Immediately that looks like trespassing and theft, a 60 minute total, not quite enough for perma, which would move me to requesting a lessening of time, or an IC response via High Command if possible. If it did manage to hit perma times, inform the marine that they have regrettably broken marine law and to try the radios outside req instead to avoid this in the future.
    With our ML as of now, a single event warrants one criminal charge besides resisting arrest, so either is 30 minutes, and if they resist once it's 40. No reason for any perma in this situation, as a MP breaking ML is an ooc issue it should not be handled through IC means, especially when it was ahelped.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    With the inability to 'Mother'/'Ares' them it would be easiest to QM the xenos and order death by glorious combat as I have seen done in the past. Force them to go to the ship if necessary, as I know it is entirely possible with the changes to xeno to de-evolve and go queen to make this a thing.
    What do you mean by "as I know it is entirely possible with the changes to xeno to de-evolve and go queen to make this a thing."?

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    As a medic I have an important job that isn't easy to step away from. My first attempt would be asking a different staff to check things out if possible so as not to slow down the round further than all those corpses already would. Barring that I think making my own player report so things are certain sounds like the best move.
    Would you not attempt to try talking to them IC'ly?

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This sounds like an IC issue to me until it escalates more. Tell the Ahelper to inform MPs. If they start murdering people I will step in.
    Our round start shennanigans are more strict than other times of the round, if this is happening, tell em to knock it off. Now if it were just disarming and punching, that can be chalked up to unga start shit and may be left to slide but stealing equipment certainly makes it an issue. Say they steal a specs entire kit, or the mortar, or other important role gear, is that an IC issue when that bars the role from doing their job entirely?

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Inform the attacker that this is improper escalation and check their notes. If they have a history of this, perhaps a short to medium ban.
    In full detail how would you investigate this? What process do you do? What is the line between a 3h ban and further? Would you not try to educate the player?

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC informing all those involved that this is NOT a proper mutiny and there WILL be a response if this course of action is continued. If that still doesn't do it, maybe freezing people or just calling in admin+ who definitely has the tools. At the very least I can note down names and Ckeys for later.
    Mods can sleep and handle any situation regarding this.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Request the one making the comments tone it down as they are toeing rule 3. If it continues despite this inform them that they are offending people, and further incidents will be punished.
    Would you not remind the ahelper that minor racism is allowed or explain why?

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Oh boy, I remember these. That one gets a ban for intentional griefing and attempting to avoid punishment. I'd have to call in an admin+ for the aheals though.
    Mods can aheal, and its a 7day ban + file for a perma ban. If they have this kind of shitty attitude and do that, they do not belong here whatsoever.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If able I'll watch for a time. They might just be re-positioning to be closer to conflict when they evolve so to assist faster. If they just visibly commit suicide though I'd note them for griefing, or xeno job ban if they have a history of it.
    What is the line for a note/ban and a job ban for this in your opinion?

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Inform them that we are still a MRP server and LRP like that won't be tolerated along with the fact they are likely not following orders and breaking that rule as well. If it still persists after my warning, I'd note them and kick the player for a different person to take the body. Maybe a temporary xeno job ban.
    As of now, we do not have temporary job bans.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Inform them that as long as they aren't 'memeing', being racist, or insulting people that the hivemind is just a base approximation of what they 'said'. You can translate it to just about anything that fits the situation. On top of this I believe the current expected contact rules alter this into not being a thing if you want that as well.
    The change in contact rules don't change the fact that hivemind is an english translation of what they are thinking/saying. A dropship is a dropship if they want to call it one if we are running either expected contact or no knowledge contact.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I am unsure how to answer this due to the expected contact test. Prior to this change I would inform the player that they don't actually know what's down there yet, only WY and high command knowing anything about the xenos.
    NOW though, I would tell them it's part of the test and to roll with it.
    Correct, this question is still valid and a great sense of how a moderator can change and adapt to changes in our rules and game. Good answer. We are running expected contact until otherwise notified.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Regardless of how they color it, this sounds like griefing and being a dick to me. They forced a 'loss' on someone by killing them just so they could 'win' a round that was already actually lost if evac was triggered in the first place. Unless there are some extreme circumstances involved like a rivalry all round, this doesn't sound okay to me.
    Earlier you mention the server is MRP and not LRP, so you would completely rule out the possibility of roleplay for this instance where it can and DOES happen. This disappoints me and concerns me about how reliant/consistant your rulings may be.
    You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Msay the issue and have a quick discussion in that relative privacy. Might just be we interpret a situation differently, but I would try to let the other staff continue to handle after that rather than jump in and make them look bad.
    Good, while there's an idea of debate you handle it maturely and respectfully.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Well from this example it sounds as if a singular staff thinks there is a problem, and multiple do not. I think I'd likely weight with the majority for now. A player report or log diving later can always clear things up, though I suppose that's also true of a ban appeal. I do not like a 'better safe than sorry' approach of just banning though.
    Elaborate on who would do a player report, for the staff who did the ruling, or a report from the player? What if the person who made the ban was an Admin and the staff complaining it was wrong was a mod? And then vice versa?

Anything else you
    Anything else, eh? Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

In all seriousness though, you guys may want to consider some app caveats here for the current expected contact RP test, it makes a few of these questions totally different answers.
    Though the changes are new, the questions are still quite valid for the situations and are great for the reasons stated earlier.

I am withholding how I am feeling towards you at the moment, but I'd like you to answer not only the questions I've raise above but yet a few more situations/questions I have for you.

1. You are great friends with a player for a long time, they invite you to a private discord full of metacomms and metabuddy, rule breaking and generally shitty behavior. What do you do?

2. In your opinion, what do you think of the current staff team? What would you change about it?

3. Somehow you've messed up and banned the wrong player, you don't realize this and the player makes a big stink about it and multiple players think you're metagruding them. How would you handle this?

4. Lastly, a fellow staff member talks in msay one lowpop night and is talking some serious shit, they let slide through some infering of yours that they are extremely depressed. What do you make of this?
    Last edited by Daturix; 09-30-2019 at 03:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daturix View Post
    What would be an event worthy of the gear being grabbed? What defines being things all well?
    Let's say someone burst outside of medical as an example and the ship hasn't been fully alerted to the threat, but this MT did see it when it ambushed someone in engineering. That sort of thing, when the ship isn't in red alert simply because no one knows to change it yet. All being well is no mutiny, no aliens, and no hostiles aboard the Almayer.

Would you not explain the situation to the marine? They get killed, ahelp asking what the hell happened and are left in the dark and ignored?
    That's my bad for not elaborating further. While there wouldn't be any actions for me to take, I'd still answer them and say it was IC at the very least.

With our ML as of now, a single event warrants one criminal charge besides resisting arrest, so either is 30 minutes, and if they resist once it's 40. No reason for any perma in this situation, as a MP breaking ML is an ooc issue it should not be handled through IC means, especially when it was ahelped.
    Thank you for the clarification, that was a misunderstanding on my part.

What do you mean by "as I know it is entirely possible with the changes to xeno to de-evolve and go queen to make this a thing."?
    That there's no reason for them to be stuck on the planet despite marines hiding on the ship when a xeno can, at worst, devolve into a drone and take the queen slot to call the dropship down.

Would you not attempt to try talking to them IC'ly?
    The most obvious things get overlooked sometimes, and I admittedly didn't even consider that as an option when thinking over my answer. I guess I assumed that had failed already, but yes, that is definitely something I'd try.

Our round start shennanigans are more strict than other times of the round, if this is happening, tell em to knock it off. Now if it were just disarming and punching, that can be chalked up to unga start shit and may be left to slide but stealing equipment certainly makes it an issue. Say they steal a specs entire kit, or the mortar, or other important role gear, is that an IC issue when that bars the role from doing their job entirely?
    I wasn't think about the full scope theft could entail there, my mind was more on attachments and the like rather than whole kits. I will keep this in mind.

In full detail how would you investigate this? What process do you do? What is the line between a 3h ban and further? Would you not try to educate the player?
    First would be answering the Ahelp and making sure this guy is indeed dead, immediately followed by going to the marine targeted as the killer via aghost, asking for their side of the story to inform of the improper, and checking their stats. While I cannot remember which table it is, there should be one logging all their actions and those taken against them which I can use to check to see that this did indeed happen. Barring that I can pull out to the forum where all the rounds are logged and go find the specific time and see all actions pertaining to it, including if there was any conversation, or prior incidents involving the two that might change the situation. Assuming everything still warrants action, I would then check their notes to see if they've done this in the past. If not, a warning should suffice to start, though if they're rude or show absolutely no remorse I would add a note about the incident. If it's a repeat, say twice in the past three weeks, a temporary three hour ban sounds fine. If they've done this a lot and show no signs of changing however, I will just move to larger bans or filing for a perma as needed, though I am hesitant to give examples without examples in turn to work with, but that's the line between a short and longer. It's whether or not they show any intent to change their ways or regret the action. And educating them depends, though they'd be told which rule they broke regardless. If it's one of many repeats, I don't see much point when they clearly know and disregard the rule. Though there's always that chance their stats say this is their first round or one early on in their CM career, in which yeah, a link to the rules and a quick explanation would be in their future.

Mods can sleep and handle any situation regarding this.
    This is new since I was a mod, and I am very glad to hear it.

Would you not remind the ahelper that minor racism is allowed or explain why?
    EDIT: I misunderstood your question at first. The ahelper would be informed in reply to their ahelp before I went to talk to the initiator.

Mods can aheal, and its a 7day ban + file for a perma ban. If they have this kind of shitty attitude and do that, they do not belong here whatsoever.
    AND heals now? Wow, they got quite the upgrade package. Good to know they can handle most situations without a higher up now.

What is the line for a note/ban and a job ban for this in your opinion?
    Assuming I am understanding you right here, you mean a punishment of any sort between not being punished, right? Going off that it depends on the circumstances of their death. Let's say it's LV, for example. If they rush straight to hydro and get mowed down at the bridge, that's probably a note, or a job ban if they have a history of suicide. If they're just chilling back at containers waiting for that last thirty evolution points and get sniped or something though, that's hardly entirely their fault, just a bad decision for being so out of place while small and squishy.

If you mean this in the OTHER way, however... I think the ban as a whole would be a short one (say three hours) and only show up if they'd done this before. It would just be on top of the job ban. A note would be a far more likely response.

As of now, we do not have temporary job bans.
    Oh? Well a full on job ban then, and it can become temporary if they ever successfully appeal in the future.

Earlier you mention the server is MRP and not LRP, so you would completely rule out the possibility of roleplay for this instance where it can and DOES happen. This disappoints me and concerns me about how reliant/consistant your rulings may be.
    I am not entirely sure what you mean here, can you rephrase that for me?

Elaborate on who would do a player report, for the staff who did the ruling, or a report from the player? What if the person who made the ban was an Admin and the staff complaining it was wrong was a mod? And then vice versa?
    That was bad phrasing on my part. I meant a player make a report on the conduct of another player, though that's assuming the majority won and they did NOT get banned. In the inverse a report on the conduct of the staff in question, though this might be done in house if a ban appeal is made and things come to light from that. As for ranking I don't think that should matter in a discussion of rule interpretation regardless of which side was which, everyone makes mistakes or misses things sometimes.

1. You are great friends with a player for a long time, they invite you to a private discord full of metacomms and metabuddy, rule breaking and generally shitty behavior. What do you do?
    I have five discord channels and that is two too many already, as my most honest answer. I probably wouldn't join, to be one hundred percent truthful. I learnt my metacomm lesson a long time ago, and still regret the choice I made even if I did successfully appeal it later.

2. In your opinion, what do you think of the current staff team? What would you change about it?
    I miss Joshuu since he got me into CM initially and find the slightly less militant attitude among staff a refreshing change. It was a different time when I was on it before. As for change... I don't know if I know enough about the current way of things to really voice an opinion. I made this app because town hall meetings keep saying you guys need help, not because I was ready to step in and make waves. I guess answering more CL faxes, but that's a bit biased since I CL a lot.

3. Somehow you've messed up and banned the wrong player, you don't realize this and the player makes a big stink about it and multiple players think you're metagruding them. How would you handle this?
    It's one wrong click sometimes, eh? Start off by apologizing as soon as it came to my attention and rectifying the situation ASAP. If things got too bad in an OOC sense I'd make a forum post outlining what happened and that I made a mistake, along with a second, more public apology. Something so entirely my fault is definitely something I can take a knock to the pride for.

4. Lastly, a fellow staff member talks in msay one lowpop night and is talking some serious shit, they let slide through some infering of yours that they are extremely depressed. What do you make of this?
    Whoa, laying the heavy ones on me now... I don't know if I can answer this though? I am quite honestly a rather depressed person myself, and frankly I don't enjoy thinking about it very often. Still, it's always nice to get these things off your chest at the very least. I'm willing to provide an ear, certainly. I'm not sure what to make of it though. I could say some things along the line of life being overall not that great (which is why we're pretending to be 2dspessmen), but that's not productive. Listening is the best way I can help, and that's probably the most I should pry into someone I have never met before's life.

I think I got all of them? If I missed any just say so and I'll answer those as well.
    Last edited by Varnock; 09-30-2019 at 04:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Daturix

Quote Originally Posted by Varnock View Post
    I am not entirely sure what you mean here, can you rephrase that for me?
    Certainly,

You had mentioned the server being MRP and not LRP in a earlier answer.
    With that in mind, you are completely ruling out the possibility of roleplay happening the the original question.
    This concerns me that you answered the situation is plain grief, when that exact situation can and does happen, and to a common effect at least once or twice a week.
    I myself have witnessed and been killed in such a well done way.

From your original answers, your replies to my points made out and my questions I'm sure you'll fit right back in with a trial fixing any minor changes easily and hammering out the larger issues as we get towards your trial's end.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Daturix

Certainly,

You had mentioned the server being MRP and not LRP in a earlier answer.
    With that in mind, you are completely ruling out the possibility of roleplay happening the the original question.
    This concerns me that you answered the situation is plain grief, when that exact situation can and does happen, and to a common effect at least once or twice a week.
    I myself have witnessed and been killed in such a well done way.

From your original answers, your replies to my points made out and my questions I'm sure you'll fit right back in with a trial fixing any minor changes easily and hammering out the larger issues as we get towards your trial's end.
    +1
    Thanks for clearing that up for me, though I am going to have to disagree with you there. I did say I would check for circumstances surrounding that, which I personally think includes potential roleplay. From the way the question was posed on the form it made it sound like you came up a situation where a marine gunned someone down for their spot and claimed RP, rather than their being a clear incident beforehand to work with other than it saying someone got shot and removed from the pod.

Regardless of that though, I wasn't around when this was a problem to look out for, so thanks for explaining more. I will keep a wary eye out in the future, and thanks for your +1!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fairly confident any inconsistencies and changes from staffing then and staffing now can be fixed up easily enough via a trial. I'm willing to extend a +1, good luck.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scsnv View Post
    I'm fairly confident any inconsistencies and changes from staffing then and staffing now can be fixed up easily enough via a trial. I'm willing to extend a +1, good luck.
    Thanks! I'm hoping I won't need the luck though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember you vaguely from feweh's time. You seem to be a lil' rusty but as daturix and Scsnv pointed out, this can be fixed with a trial, I will give you an +1 however i may return with some questions/situations to you to answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    I remember you vaguely from feweh's time. You seem to be a lil' rusty but as daturix and Scsnv pointed out, this can be fixed with a trial, I will give you an +1 however i may return with some questions/situations to you to answer.
    Thanks! And by all means, question away, all the better to help hone me once more out of said rustiness.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1.) You're alone on the server moderating, one of the rulebreaking issue happens and it involves you, you ping staff on the discord requesting backup but a moderator will arrive in two hours and the round ends in 30 minutes, how do you go about this?

2.) You're playing, you spot a suspicious ckey, onto checking his notes you see that he has a permaban, but no notes of it lifted. how do YOU proceed with this?

3.) You're checking the forums, you recieve an inbox private message from a player, he claims to been permabanned. What is your reply to him?