User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Varnock - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    1.) You're alone on the server moderating, one of the rulebreaking issue happens and it involves you, you ping staff on the discord requesting backup but a moderator will arrive in two hours and the round ends in 30 minutes, how do you go about this?
    I'm not sure I 100% follow you here, but I'm assuming you mean I'm playing a round as the only staff on? While I try to avoid that for reasons exactly like this, I'd probably cryo myself to better handle things until more of us were about. It's definitely easier to manage things as an observer.

2.) You're playing, you spot a suspicious ckey, onto checking his notes you see that he has a permaban, but no notes of it lifted. how do YOU proceed with this?
    I'm pretty sure there's a nice list that auto updates for every active ban, so my first step would be checking that to see if their ckey is still there. If not, someone probably just forgot to add a note about it being removed. If someone somehow forgot to BAN them and only added a note though, then I can finish that off for them after informing the player what happened.

3.) You're checking the forums, you recieve an inbox private message from a player, he claims to been permabanned. What is your reply to him?
    Ask them for a screenshot of the error it's giving them, check ban list in the meantime to see if I can figure it out myself, let them know the reason they were banned if there is one, or if it was a sticky. I'll send them a screenshot with an arrow pointing to forms too, if they have trouble finding the spot to ban appeal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will reformulate the first question: You're alone on the server, one player break the rules but you're involved in the situation, you ping a moderator to come solve this ahelp, but one is only available to come in 2 hours and the round will end in 30 minutes, how do you proceed with this?

I'm pretty sure there's a nice list that auto updates for every active ban, so my first step would be checking that to see if their ckey is still there. If not, someone probably just forgot to add a note about it being removed. If someone somehow forgot to BAN them and only added a note though, then I can finish that off for them after informing the player what happened.
    Regarding to the second question, Permabans can be lost in the system and Moderators only know who is perma'd by the forum administration archive. The best course of action on this is Ahelp the player asking for links of his appeal after his permaban date, if player couldn't provide you the links, then you ban for 7 days and request a perma again.

Ask them for a screenshot of the error it's giving them, check ban list in the meantime to see if I can figure it out myself, let them know the reason they were banned if there is one, or if it was a sticky. I'll send them a screenshot with an arrow pointing to forms too, if they have trouble finding the spot to ban appeal.
    Moderators don't have access to all bans, the only way to check is via Notes.

Must say, i am a bit skeptical about your proceedures and your lack of interest for the player's side., but i will remain with +1 let's how you go with trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will reformulate the first question: You're alone on the server, one player break the rules but you're involved in the situation, you ping a moderator to come solve this ahelp, but one is only available to come in 2 hours and the round will end in 30 minutes, how do you proceed with this?
    I mean this seems pretty cut and dry unless I'm misunderstanding you? Unless you mean I'm also breaking a rule? But if I'm involved I know exactly what happened and lead up to things, wouldn't I be the most equipped to handle it at the time by proceeded as the seriousness of the break dictates?

Regarding to the second question, Permabans can be lost in the system and Moderators only know who is perma'd by the forum administration archive. The best course of action on this is Ahelp the player asking for links of his appeal after his permaban date, if player couldn't provide you the links, then you ban for 7 days and request a perma again.
    I think I was confusing a different format then, it has been a while after all, and I was staff on a friend's forum for a while in the interim. I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

Moderators don't have access to all bans, the only way to check is via Notes.

Must say, i am a bit skeptical about your procedures and your lack of interest for the player's side., but i will remain with +1 let's how you go with trial.
    Thanks! I think a lot of this is because I am indeed rusty as you said earlier; It's been a while since I've seen any of the applicable tools and staff pages, and that was all on the old forum anyways, so I have no idea if things are even the same.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Question mainly was to see how would you deal with ahelps that you're particularly involved.

One of our protocols is, you do NOT handle your own ahelps or ahelps that may involve you in the question. E.G.: A player reports that a MP broke the SOP for arrests and the MP is you, or you as Squad Marine sees an Squad Medic performing Surgery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Question mainly was to see how would you deal with ahelps that you're particularly involved.

One of our protocols is, you do NOT handle your own ahelps or ahelps that may involve you in the question. E.G.: A player reports that a MP broke the SOP for arrests and the MP is you, or you as Squad Marine sees an Squad Medic performing Surgery.
    Okay, I understand what you mean now. I thought you meant more third party than that, my mistake. I will keep this in mind though if I ever play MP. I thought the addition of skills made it impossible for medics to surgery now though? Or was that just an example?

Whitelisted Predator Skysoldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure what Hunk wants to ask is in the theoretical scenario of you being an only mod and involved in any situation that also involves you what will you do, the situations shouldn't matter.

On the other hand, listening to the answers and explanations, I think you have a general idea and should be enough for a trial. +1
    Marine: Musica 'Ham' Howard/Pred: Etka N'thal'eyal

Trial Moderator>Moderator>Trial Admin>Admin>Senior Moderator>Santa

You only live once, think about what you are doing, what you can do, what you will do. Don't make mistakes or regret your decisions, you will only ever make them once every time until it's over.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good answers +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysoldier View Post
    I am pretty sure what Hunk wants to ask is in the theoretical scenario of you being an only mod and involved in any situation that also involves you what will you do, the situations shouldn't matter.

On the other hand, listening to the answers and explanations, I think you have a general idea and should be enough for a trial. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Good answers +1
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to giving things another go, I had fun last time around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this looks about right.
    You can have a trial.

+1
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you have a lot of support here, and I cannot find anything negative about you on the old forums from your time in staff.
    I'm going to accept this, please check your PMs for further information.