User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like smoke?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that Praetorians have a lot of specializations, I wish there would be more for Crusher,Lurker,Runner, Defender and Drone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just spitballing here, but I would make two changes.
    First, I would change the gasmasks vision reduction. It should reduce vision by one tile, and possibly shade a second. That makes it so there is a serious but not overwhelming incentive to not wear it all the time.
    Second, I would split boiler gas damage into two components. One is damage for standing in it. Every tick off standing in acidic boiler gas deals X damage, and a gasmask only reduces that damage by 10% or not at all. The second component is a DOT applied for being in the gas without a mask on, representing breathing it in. If the damage for standing in the cloud for the full duration right now is hypothetically 100 damage, I would split it evenly between the two parts. So standing in the cloud with a mask for the full duration deals fifty damage, and the DOT deals fifty damage over it's full duration. That would more severely punish marines who get caught in the cloud at all without a mask.

I think this would allow gas to still really shine in sieges. It still does decent damage over a wide area and blocks vision. Marines who have masks and want to keep defending at the barricades can choose to stay, and could survive maybe three clouds before being unable to fight instead of dying to the second.
    This also allows marines who are willing to accept a vision decrease to charge through gas clouds while suffering only minor damage. Marines without masks still can't unga through clouds without repercussions. This would reward an organized squad by allowing them to keep up a push while punishing a disorganized squad by forcing then to split at gas clouds or stop their advance.

EDIT: Oh, and give them a one second equip timer to put on but not to take off, because putting on a gasmask properly takes a bit. Also it serves as a small incentive against just putting one on as an immediate response to seeing the gas.
    Last edited by UnwaveringGrey; 10-08-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the idea of having physical burning on the body and a DOT of breathing in the gas is a great idea. Currently the gas mask is ignored 99.9% of the time. If it could be used to mitigate part of the acid damage, but not all of it, that might be enough reason to reduce its vision penalty. The idea of changeable gas mask filters is intriguing as well. Maybe each second in the gas could count as one tick, and the filter could be good for 5 or 10 ticks?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's with you people and the fixation on wearing gas masks, that's another extra gear that you would have to bring and micromanage with filters and equip/unequipping in the middle of battle.
    Ideally everyone would always be carrying splints, crowbar, and extinguishers already and you want them to also carry gas masks on top of all those? The empty space is already filled with either flare packs or more extinguisher/ammo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    What's with you people and the fixation on wearing gas masks, that's another extra gear that you would have to bring and micromanage with filters and equip/unequipping in the middle of battle.
    Ideally everyone would always be carrying splints, crowbar, and extinguishers already and you want them to also carry gas masks on top of all those? The empty space is already filled with either flare packs or more extinguisher/ammo.
    Chosing what gear is worth bringing is the fun of playing a Marine though.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    Item being atleast viable to use in one narrow scenario >>> Shit >>> Benomains >>> Item that even memers don't use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather take a deck of cards instead of a gas mask, as deck of cards just uses up space instead of being an active debuff, and cards have RP value as opposed to the gas mask.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madventurer View Post
    I would rather take a deck of cards instead of a gas mask, as deck of cards just uses up space instead of being an active debuff, and cards have RP value as opposed to the gas mask.
    False on gas mask having no RP value. You can RP the gas mask being a complete piece of shit after you die to a boiler with it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still saying, ditch any effects the gas mask had, just make it a cosmetic choice like tactical masks and boonies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prefer the normal gas mask to be cosmetic only, and the SWAT mask that you can buy with Req points to be big dick gas stopper with no vision limit considering they cost 60 points for 2 SWAT masks (well along with 2 webbings I guess but considering that you get 4 webbings, 1 brown vest and 1 shoulder holster with 40 points, shit really makes me think)

Right now I guess I'll just take a walkman, or a UNO deck, or some cigs if I wanna waste an inventory space without being stuck with a giant downside
    Last edited by DefinitelyAlone0309; 10-18-2019 at 10:02 AM.