Destrok - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Destrok

Marine Name
    Manuel Conrad

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Har'Kittak

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    I've never been banned from anything. Ever. Never on CM, not any other SS13 server.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    I've read the code multiple times and feel comfortable with it. I'll regardless ask questions about it on discord and have the page open as I play.

Yautja Character Story
    First off, I'd like to thank everyone who's helped me in my process to make this app and story, whether it be by answering questions about the Code, proofreading my story or both. This would be a pile of dogshit without you.
    Secondly, I do wish to make it clear that I'm not an English native and as such I had a lot of trouble finding words to not make the story insanely repetitive. Despite this I expect to be judged harshly for the story and will accept
    any critcicisms.
    The story is about 2400ish words, my apologies if it's hard to read or if it doesn't keep your interest but I had to make it that length to be able to meet the story requirements of displaying my predator's playstyle and my knowledge
    of the Honour Code. Additionally, I prioritized meeting these requirements before making anything remotely enjoyable or interesting. The story's been through some changes and I've been thinking of it for a week before I even started
    with the application itself. I've also done some investigation on other Predators' apps and stories, trying to learn from their successes and shortcomings, to a moderate level of success.
    I'm no writer and the story isn't meant for entertainment. This is the only thing I've written of such a length in English. That's my disclaimer (and a way to get to the word requirement).
    At any rate, here is the link.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Har'Kittak will be a blooded, but relatively unexperienced Yautja. He is very enthusiastic and full of life. He mainly praises the Yautja deities Paya, Dlex and Kor'Ma, which will be reflected in both the way I play him and the way
    he acts in-character.
    I believe for this question it would be easier to answer why he praises each one of those deities:

He praises Paya for it would be near impossible to find a Yautja who didn't, since he IS the god of the Hunt, and that is something all Yautja must revere. What Yautja doesn't like a good hunt? Har'Kittak will be cautious when choosing targets
    for his hunt: he will take into account multiple factors, and will especially keep an eye out for humans or xenomorphs who accomplish great feats during battle and warfare. He will hunt both oomans and R'Ka alike.

He praises Dlex as more of a personal thing - my Yautja will be greatly interested in both Lodges and Craftsmanship. This will be represented by me attempting to lodge as much as I can (within reason) and by making sure Yautja gear
    is recovered immediately and guarded zealously - to make it even more fun for myself, I will include the LV Sand Temple gear, yes, those old rusted spears and glaives. I'll also make sure to, whenever possible, store my trophies
    in the lodge rather than on the pred-ship, as well as those planetside ancient pred gear pieces. I may also take a look at FOBs and compliment good engineers whilst berating bad ones, just for some extra RP and passive interaction.

He praises Kor'Ma because he believes that War is the greatest forge of fighters. Where does the word "warrior" come from? He will spectate skirmishes and large battles to find prey who outdo their peers, and choose them as targets
    for his hunt.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    An honour duel is an instance where a Predator challenges either another Predator or prey, which are usually humans, but can be xenomorphs as well (although I don't see the point of this
    considering that they are a hivemind with no free will and don't exactly have a concept of honour) to a fair one-on-one melee showdown to the death (usually).
    It's worth noting honour duels are NOT commonly issued to prey, as Yautja find most humans and such to be far inferior to them. Far more common is Yautja vs Yautja.

Honour duels between Yautja are usually matters of personal honour and dignity, a challenge must be issued and both parts must agree to the duel, however backing down or refusing a challenge is a sign of weakness
    and will likely get you laughed at and belittled by the other hunters.

An honour duel MUST be fought without the usage of ranged weaponry such as rifles, plasma weapons, anything considered dishonourable such as the Cloaking Device and without interference from chemicals/crystals, or from
    a living third party. Essentially, it is a one-on-one, melee weapons only, with no outside interference, on the most fair platform possible where both combatants should have no advantages over the other excluding their own prowess.
    Additionally, although not exactly a rule, it's recommended that you allow the other combatant to get up if they ever get floored and are still able to get back up (the RNG "Weaken" mechanic from punches and melee weapons) since
    that's the honourable thing to do.

Disrupting an honour duel in any way, as one of its combatants or a third party, is something of great dishonour and will get you marked as Unworthy Prey.
    The ending of an honour duel is most usually one of the combatants' deaths, although exceptions can be made and the loser's life may be spared, although when a Yautja is spared by another it's viewed as an insult.
    If a Yautja is spared by its prey, then they are obligated to bestow them with a reward (typically pred gear) and alert all the other Yautja of what just happened.

A hunt is unlike an honour duel. They are completely different. A hunt is quite simply a Yautja choosing to hunt Worthy Prey, for sport, entertainment, training, or for trophies. Or all of those things.
    During a hunt, a Yautja is allowed to use melee and thrown weapons against its prey, whereas the victim is allowed to fight back with whatever abilities and weaponry they have.
    The outcome of a hunt is usually a Predator taking a trophy, such as the hide (xenomorph) or the limbs, weaponry or apparel (human) from the prey.

The essential difference between an honour duel and a hunt is that, whereas the duel is an honourable one-on-one with an opponent the challenger deems as equal to themselves, a hunt is simply a Yautja hunting Worthy Prey for matters not necessarily
    pertaining to their own honour or dignity, although it is possible.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Obviously this'll depend on the other predators' will to interact with Har'Kittak, but he will generally interact with them in a cordial or at least welcoming manner, and cooperate with them for gear retrieval, abomination hunts and
    especially lodging, which he will invite them to help with. If he's having a slow hunt, he may inquire about his brethren and their own prey, or just make small talk over the communicator.
    He'll try to avoid criticizing other hunters, although he will welcome criticism to his personal hunting ability or construction skills as long as it is constructive or they are more experienced in those arts than he is,
    and are ready to prove it. Any insults issued to his deities will be likely met with equal backlash, and may escalate into a challenge.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I've observed, heard and felt that the Yautja whitelist is seen mostly in a bad light. You usually get marines and xenos straight up ignoring, refusing to RP with or instantly ganking preds. They're seen more as a traditional
    antagonist than...a "roleplay" antagonist, a "roleplay" antagonist being one meant to create stories and fun for everyone rather than just themselves, and a traditional antagonist being the local Cyalume Saber+Emag murderboner.
    I personally find a special kind of fun being the "roleplay" antagonist, making other people happy I find actually makes me quite happy too. I felt bad whenever I played Goonstation and rolled an antagonist like Werewolf (forced to
    rampage), murderboning and such is *really* not my style and actually makes my experience worse.

I've mostly felt a lack of RP ingame - CM claims to be MRP, and yet... There's no RP in squads, because you're usually too busy doing your job - even in Bravo, the most calm squad, there's a noticeable absence of banter for some
    reason. Shipside? I don't know why, but I barely find any good quality RP there either. Perhaps this is personal playtime bias, but I genuinely doubt it. Xenos? Big fucking chance, hivemind is literally a shitposting channel half
    the time.
    I believe I'd actually be able to...dig out SOME manner or form of RP out of Marines or Xenos as a predator, or at least experience some with the other Yautja. I think I'm decent enough at RP, I'm no HRP god that emotes
    heartbeats and taking steps forward, but I'm certainly above the usual LRP antics going on in the server.

It also seems like an interesting playstyle, and I think I could certainly use the practice with melee weaponry.
    I think practicing stealth could be fun too. Predators, the pinnacle of subtlety they are at the moment, just zip and zoom around the map's brightly lit tiles like sand while in cloak, as if they weren't visible.
    A keen eye can notice Predators even before seeing one in the flesh. Ever notice how there'll be used-up crystal injectors just...laying around in every corner of the map? That's not very subtle, is it?

On another note, I've never really made an application like this, especially in English which is my second language, so even just writing this up, receiving feedback, editing it and replying to any future questions I think is great
    practice for me.

In summary:
    - I would like to see if I can't get the playerbase, or at least SOME people to view Predators in a different light. I've had some mediocre levels of success with MP, for example.
    - I would like to see if I can't experience slightly higher levels of roleplay, at least, and improve my own level of it.
    Obviously you can't expect CM to be some super HRP server, but I think it's possible to dig out some RP from CM, I know it's there, I've had slightly MRP moments here and I'd like more of them because it's a nice feeling.
    Pretty rare to actually get to use the /me verb, for example.
    - I would like to experience the rather different playstyle.
    - I would like to improve my personal robustness ingame relating to stealth, clicking on spacemen (mechanical aim) and tactics.

P.S: If anyone has any doubts on my roleplaying capacity then you're free to ping me on discord and I'll play Bravo Medic or something for you the next round if I'm available.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�m interested to see how your quirk/playstyle works out in game. Your story is decent; I think I can gather the personality of your Pred from it, so it serves it�s purpose. You�re active here, in-game, and a hundred % sure in Discord.

Overall i�d be fine having you on the hunt with the other pred (I ain't have the role of this), as I think you can add some interesting RP to a round given your quirk/playstyle, and I trust you to be able to pull it off, as from what I've seen of you in-game, you�re a pretty decent RPer.

Decent overall, so +1 from this guy. Use it wisely, these things aren�t refundable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Snip of nice words
    Thanks! I really appreciate your feedback and I won't let you down if I do get approved.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I did leave you hanging due to minor inconveniences..

However after reading this, I do like it.

- The Story shows how you want to play as your Predator which is good.

- I like the quirk of yours but make sure to not make lodges in very obvious spots were there will be 100% confrontation

- I know you can role-play well so that is no problem.

- The Explanation of the Honor Duel and hunt is above average as it covers most of it and is just a good summary.

Overal it is a +1 from me.

See you on the hunt.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, do not ask me why I'm posting here! Just giving my two cents about Destrok's app, which I find stellar.

We did already chat on Discord about the story and I found it very pleasing. It was a fun read, and it clearly portrays your quirk, plus your understanding of the Honor Code.

The other questions' answers are very well fleshed out, and I've seen you in-game. You're a competent RP'er, and I'm sure you'll create fun scenarios as a Predator.

+1, can't wait to shoo you away and wave my knife towards you in a menacing manner!
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DommyGaming View Post
    snip
    Thank you! I don't really feel like you left me hanging, I can't expect everyone to be able to reply instantly and the feedback you did provide I appreciated. You're one of the preds I've taken as example since you're one of the ones I see most often. I won't let you down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    snip
    This means a lot to me coming from a roleplayer of your caliber! I hope we'll be able to interact soon, and I wish you good luck on your own application.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, a few things I just want to point out on why I'm +1ing this application,

A) Destrok, spent many many hours on discord, clarifying questions for his application, and intern trying to know more about the role, this here shows clear dedication to his application, and how much he really wants to get this whitelist, and this begs the question, is his application good?

B) Let's start out with your story, your story displays a good grasp of the Yaujuta culture, you bring in the concepts of Honor Duels, and Hunting which are prime examples of what is needed to play a Yaujuta, and this is here shows me that you're 100% passionate about this, and perhaps indulged many hours in the wikipedia, this story alone which is 7 pages long, which currently sits at over 3,000 words, displays your backstory almost perfectly, the character growth displays what your Yaujuta was before his "modern" day self, and his transformation into a more serious person than he was before, granted he still keeps his charm and his personality, but there's a new fire burning inside of him, the story is great. But we've got to look at your answers now.

C) Your answer for to the question, "What's the difference between an honor duel, and a hunt", perfectly shows that you're capable of going above and beyond when answering questions probably in game, and out of game. You display a clear knowledge of the Yaujuta code, and you even have enough in-depth knowledge to state your own opinions about the code, you give a clear answer, yet sometimes not concise answers, but enough to where it's needed for context, you can clearly tell that some situations have exceptions, and the certain guidelines and protocols for each part of the code. This here is better than the average answer, but I feel like it could've been worded a bit better, and in some sections you end up over explaining (Which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you view it).

In conclusion, you put in a lot of time and work in this application, and you asked questions to clarify your concerns you had for the application on discord, you went above and beyond with your story, and you display the Yajuta's quirk and personality well. This is going to have to be a

+1

from me chief. Hopefully I get to get killed by your plasma blaster in the future! See you on the hunt friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonOmet View Post
    large snip
    Thank you for this large amount of feedback! Yes, I'm pretty invested in this app and I've learnt a lot about predators ever since I joined (I knew nothing before playing CM, actually).
    Quote Originally Posted by DonOmet View Post
    Hopefully I get to get killed by your plasma blaster in the future!
    Heh, don't worry I don't plan to use the plasmacaster all that much.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tis all been said by others. As someone who helped you along with the story its good to see you got it this far from what it was. You took on people criticism and used them. Well done and see you on the hunt sometime +1
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    snip
    Thanks a ton for all your help throughout my app process, you were incredibly helpful and I hope I do get to hunt alongside you someday.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome