Byond ID?
    ILikeToGammon

Marine Name
    Terrell Laurenzi

Other Whitelist Applications
    Ethan- Synth Application

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Ashley

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    The scenarios I can perform combat in is when I am in the front lines and I am in immediate danger or when the UPP or CLF have boarded the ship as my programming disallows combat.

Synthetic Character Story
    Donald Whitman- Hey Ashley can you do me a favor?
    Ashley- What do you need Donald?
    Donald Whitman- Can you head planet side and stand out side holding this flag?
    Ashley- What for?
    Donald Whitman- So I can offer a sacrifice to the Aliens to please them and prevent them from spreading.
    Ashley- I am sorry but my self preservation laws prevent me from doing so, can you do it yourself?
    Donald Whitman- As your Commanding Officer, I command you to do it!
    Ashley- Fine, I will do it. I will stand planet side and most probably aggravate the aliens.
    ----3 mins later----
    Ashley to Xenomorph- *in xeno's language* Oi fuckwad the Commanding officer told me be a sacrifice to you, so get on with it.
    Xenomorph- *in xeno's language* tell your leader, that he is an idiot and we require ORGANIC lifeforms.
    ----5 mins later----
    Ashley- Hey Donald, the aliens told me to say to you that you are an idiot and that they require ORGANIC lifeforms. So next time you want to get rid of me, try putting a bullet in my skull.

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    My Synth's quirk is that she is quite informal as she doesn't think using sir or mam or the rank is quite necessary to address someone and she is quite snobbish as she mostly prefers to work and avoid conversations with other marines and she is also quite blunt when she talks to other people. She is also quite insulting to other life forms that aren't human.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I know how to:
    Fix the reactor
    Make a efficient FOB
    Fix APCs and stuff
    Hack APCs and doors(which got quite easy)

How familiar are you with Command?
    I know how to:
    Issue orders
    Lower Defcon
    Issue announcements
    Get Defcon goodies
    Activating Self Destruct
    Destroying the ship(just in case)
    Sending a message to USMC high command
    Calling Evac

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I know how to:
    do surgery
    first aid
    Synthesizing medical chems
    Proper usage of the autodoc
    And basic medical knowledge

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know how to:
    Send down Supply drops
    Order stuff
    Give out attachments

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I think you should whitelist me as I enjoy RPing which is why I play CL quite often because I enjoy making Faxes and Rping with the survivors.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! I analyzed your application and I feel that it's quite barebones.

Almost all the answers you've provided are quite minimalistic, and some even portray possible lack of understanding of the Synth Guidelines. Let's start with the Combat Scenarios part; you state that...

The scenarios I can perform combat in is when I am in the front lines and I am in immediate danger or when the UPP or CLF have boarded the ship as my programming disallows combat.
    Firstly, the answer is very vague, and the scenarios are really generic; would you attack UPP boarders at any time during a Red-Alert situation, or would you do it in specific circumstances? Your answers don't provide me any light on that. Furthermore, Synthetic Guidelines do state that you should not actively engage hostiles on the frontlines; there are plenty of marines alongside you who can do the job better, and if you're being attacked you should just retreat from the frontlines.

The story is way too short; while it portrays your quirk, I don't find your gimmick groundbreaking or able to lead to any interesting and fun RP scenarios. While not all quirks should be innovative, you should at least avoid gimmicks which might lead to your Synth becoming annoying or insulting other marines. I also fear that your xeno-interaction part would lead to LRP situations.

Furthermore, the story makes quite no sense; the Captain wants to offer the synthetic or a flag as a sacrifice for the xenomorphs to make peace? It doesn't seem a very smart move from a Captain, and your synth should not accept that order under any circumstance as the order itself would lead you to break your own programming. Citing the Synthetic Guidelines...

...Unless the order is unlawful or puts the synth at harm, you must carry it out without question.
    Synthetics always place their self-preservation first, in any circumstance. Ashley should have remained on the vessel, than put herself in potential danger. Furthermore, how did your Synth possess knowledge of Xenomorph language?

The rest of the answers are rather undeveloped; I don't expect you to detail every single bit of knowledge you've got on the Support departments, but I would've enjoyed a much more fleshed out answer on why you desire the Whitelist. I've also never seen you in-game, and without any vouch I cannot say anything about that.

Sadly, this will be a -1 from me; the story is short and bland, the quirk is rather un-interesting and leads to your synth being yet another generic robot at best, and annoying at worst. Furthermore, your answers overall don't give me the impression that you've got a good grip on the Synthetic Guidelines.

For your next application I heavily recommend contacting Synthetic players via #whitelist-app-help on our Discord for feedback and help regarding your app, and reading the Synthetic Guidelines much more. Good luck!
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "My Synth's quirk is that she is quite informal as she doesn't think using sir or mam or the rank is quite necessary to address someone and she is quite snobbish as she mostly prefers to work and avoid conversations with other marines and she is also quite blunt when she talks to other people."

This is one sentence... and your quirk is that you are a jerk and dont like to talk.

Besides being denied to death, is a lazy excuse to be an assholebot which isnt really what I think we want to see.

No bro.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you read any of the accepted applications?

Also, command can't order you to break self preservation laws. That literally becomes an OOC issue if they punish you for refusing to follow those orders.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several things to note;

1.) Your story looks like something you just thought of in less than a minute and shows no real work. We don't required a ten page story on something, but you should at least show you put some effort into a real story

2.) Acting snobbish could impact the round negatively and would probably make many players dislike you. I would consider getting a new quirk.

3.) You cannot activate the self-destruct system, nor detonate it. You're allowed to set up defenses but that is it.

-1 for now

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Others have said it well. Ngl, this story gave me a laugh, but not in a good way. It shows your lack of understanding of synthetic programming and just like your old app, it's not really a story, just an exchange of dialogues, a script. Please look at accepted apps and next time give me a chance to reply to your DMs.

Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quirk is bad, story is low effort, and your answers aren't up to par. Look at the accepted apps and try again in the future. -1
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    Others have said it well. Ngl, this story gave me a laugh, but not in a good way. It shows your lack of understanding of synthetic programming and just like your old app, it's not really a story, just an exchange of dialogues, a script. Please look at accepted apps and next time give me a chance to reply to your DMs.

Note that you CAN be accepted with "non-conventional story". Check my app, my synth doesn't speak once during the entire thing. Just know that doing so makes it harder for you to be accepted as it is harder to share your quirk. But it CAN be done.

So my advice to you (since my original comment was short).

1. take some time to think of an interesting quirk. Go nuts, find some that wont work, ask whitelist help for the ones that might. It can start really stupid. I had an idea for a synth that understands eye contact, but applies it wrong. Would face the wrong direction/person when speaking. Probably stupid, but could be done in game and is somewhat original.
    2. Make your name have something to do with/relate to your quirk.
    3. Write your story around your quirk, showing it off. Take some time on it. You should put as much effort as if it was a final writing project.
    4. The point of the story is basically to show how you are going to play, speak, interact, roleplay. etc. So write it from that approach.

Good luck.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just a no go brother, I'm sorry.

I'm denying this. Go to whitelist app help on the discord and look at accepted apps. Reapply in a month or two.