User Tag List

Thread: Praise Dun Bun - Developer Application (Spriter)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praise Dun Bun - Developer Application (Spriter)

Developer Application
    Byond ID?
    Praise Dun Bun

Age?

Gender?
    Male

How would you define yourself? (Coder, Mapper, Spriter):
    Spriter

If Coder, what languages?
    -

Any previous experience developing with SS13?
    No, I haven't been involved in any ss13 project

Proof of any previous or current work:
    https://imgur.com/Im4g4Uy - Tank with LTB shooting (My first animation)

https://imgur.com/PdlPfSB - Tank with ballistic armour rolling in LV

https://imgur.com/utSTscl - Random fuel tank charged gun

How well do you know Git?
    I haven't really ever used it but im fast learning new things and the Github Tutorials make it look pretty straight forward.

I think that with minor guidance and some tips I will learn to use it in no time.

Your primary job is server development, not policing the server. You may be given Moderator-level of access but you should *not* be invoking any administrative actions unless there are no moderators or Admins online. Do you understand?
    Yes

Anything else you'd like to add?
    All my spritings until now have been inspired by some already sprited object in ss13 or a derivation from one already existing, I have yet to create one from scratch that will follow the CM style.

For what I've seen in other posts, you make developers go through a test of sorts, so Im looking forward for it to see what I can come up with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, Praise Dun Bun. Thank you for applying for the Spriter position.

The Sprites provided show that you understand animation, which is good, animation is something that our game could use more of. I'm not entirely convinced by the sprites themselves though. Shading is something I'd like to see more of, for instance.

That said, they're legible and show improvement between the two Tank ones. I'll update this thread after Monkeysfist and I have discussed the app a little bit.

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Pred App that is now null lol
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of Wednesday, October 2019, Praise Dun Bun has been issued the Spriter Test over Discord. He has as long as he needs to complete it, but I'll be checking in with him each week to determine his progress. I'll post again here when results have been sent my way, and we decide whether or not to accept him.
    Last edited by Frans_Feiffer; 10-04-2019 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Yep

Your 'Friendly' Neighborhood Captain, Frans Feiffer. Austrian Kommodore vith zie vorst accent, survivor of Space Vietnam, and Loving Caretaker of the Ungas Aboard the USS Almayer.
    Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. I have not heard anything for the last 3 or so weeks, and will be denying this application.

I understand that there are personal reasons for this that came up, and I am fine with you reapplying again when you feel you're ready to. I would recommend practicing some more however and reapplying with a fresh portfolio.

But for now, application denied.

Synthetic model Darwin

Spoiler Spoiler:

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Application is denied.
    Feel free to reapply in a month when you have more time on your hands