Spetr - Yautja Application

Yautja Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Spetr

Marine Name
    Mortland "Hunk" Ardell, I play beno as YE-E7

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Do'Iash De'Rojok

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    Nop

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yep

Yautja Character Story
    Redemption; for some, the concept of correcting one�s mistakes; for others, salvation; Do�Iash would soon pick up that cause as his main vision. Days have passed since his father, clan leader, disappeared without a trace, pushing most of the undedicated clan members to consider deserting their clan altogether. But Do�Iash saw this as an opportunity to prove himself as a worthy candidate for clan leader by tracking down his father�s whereabouts and uncovering the tale behind his disappearance. Of course, this would also follow suit with retrieving his body or recovering whatever valuable gear he may have carried with him.

Careful fingers slowly wandered across the countless weapons displayed on the stone table before Do�Iash. His thoughts clouded by which side-arms he would carry along in this expedition, so much so that he had yet to notice his fellow clan member standing in the doorway, leaning on it�s side.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...Pns1YZQcE/edit

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    Do'Iash is a worshipper of S'ahul and a very curious one at that. Human tools, although primitive, are quite interesting for the Yautja and he will quite frequently collect them as trinkets, he may even go as far as to question humans about their uses.

As a high-ranking adjutant in his Clan, Do'Iash is a proud and ambitious hunter and he carries himself as such, seeking to better himself through the art of the hunt.

While deployed on the hunting grounds, he will mostly use a fairly well-maintained war glaive given to him by his father after he had died, he will announce that fact to his selected prey before engaging in combat with it. He will generally hunt alone but may take the company of a group of predators that share his ideas, such as worshippers of S'ahul or fellow clan members

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    The Hunt is a form of sport that the majority of the Yautja race partake in. This activity takes place on a world populated with dangerous species with one or more Yautja hunters taking part in it. The Hunt is also used as a rite of passage from youth to adulthood in Yautja society. A Hunt is regulated by the Honor Code that must be adhered to, such as the restriction of ranged weapons and cloaking against those classified as worthy. Restrictions are lifted against prey classified as 'unworthy'

An Honour duel, on the other hand, is a more intimate and just as important concept that revolves around a Yautja hunter challenging a prey that he considers worthy to a brutal one on one battle. The honour duel may also take part between 2 Yautja hunters in order for them to solve a feud. The duel is to be fought with melee weapons only, that the Yautja may provide if their opponent is not equipped with one, no interferences from observers are to be allowed (lest they will be considered unworthy and dealt with appropriately) and the duel is to be fought to the death. While a predator can challenge a human or Xeno to an honour duel, humans and Xenos cannot do so and pursuing the predator in hopes of gaining that right will classify them as unworthy.

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    As a descendant of his father, clan leader, Do'Iash carries himself with great pride in his family and clan name, he thinks of himself as the main image of his clan and will be very polite and presentable with fellow Yautja

While a lone hunter, Do'Iash is far from anti-social, he will share his curious discoveries and trinkets with fellow Yautja in hopes of getting an opinion out of them and he will naturally feel attracted to S'ahul worshippers.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I wish to be whitelisted as a predator in the hopes of getting some delicious RP flavours in the rounds of fellow players. I want to develop both my character and the ones of the players I RP with through my predator in the hopes of spicing up the Xenomorph vs Human TDM roleplay.

I frequently RP as a hobby on discord and on a roleplaying engine on Starcraft 2 (The Roleplay engine is called Apex), my favourite genre is sci-fi and the mix of Honor, Savagery and Mystery of the Predator in the CM-13 server is quite a treat and an experience that you can't really get out of the text-based RP on discord.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! I'm not a predator whitelist but I've taken the time to read through your app and I think it's pretty good to be honest

Your story actually was really gripping and pretty unique from the rest, I saw a lot of grammar mistakes relating to the use of it's versus its, but this didn't really bother me much. The Honour Code was not broken in your story, and it displays the way you intend to play your Yautja quite well. The only other small nitpick that doesn't really matter that I've got with the story, is the part where he finds a weldertool - you hint at it being such, describe it, and call it an L shaped object, but at the end you simply call it by its name. Once again this is an incredibly small nitpick and I still really like your story.

The answers themselves were pretty good in my opinion. You've asked a fair amount of questions and asked for feedback in the whitelist-app-help channel so you clearly care about the outcome of this app

I think you'd be a good predator even if you are a filthy xeno main

Take my low-value +1
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Hey! I'm not a predator whitelist but I've taken the time to read through your app and I think it's pretty good to be honest

Your story actually was really gripping and pretty unique from the rest, I saw a lot of grammar mistakes relating to the use of it's versus its, but this didn't really bother me much. The Honour Code was not broken in your story, and it displays the way you intend to play your Yautja quite well. The only other small nitpick that doesn't really matter that I've got with the story, is the part where he finds a weldertool - you hint at it being such, describe it, and call it an L shaped object, but at the end you simply call it by its name. Once again this is an incredibly small nitpick and I still really like your story.

The answers themselves were pretty good in my opinion. You've asked a fair amount of questions and asked for feedback in the whitelist-app-help channel so you clearly care about the outcome of this app

I think you'd be a good predator even if you are a filthy xeno main

Take my low-value +1
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate your opinion even if it's not from a predator whitelisted (I didn't know you could 1+ as a non-predator whitelist ). Yea I guess I shouldn't have called it a blowtorch, probably should've just went with 'fush fush L stick', I just thought I'd clear any sort of confusion as to what the device was as I'm not really that confident in my descriptive skills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya! I already checked your application in Discord, and you did have my feedback! It's nice to see that you've improved on your story!

The story itself is a very enjoyable read, and clearly portrays your quirk, which I find interesting, and your understanding of the Honor Code.

I like the answers you've provided to the other questions; a minor nitpick I have about your whole app is that you could've expanded on the Yautja interaction side, but that's shown in the story a lot.

It'll be a +1 from me; can't wait to see how Do'Iash will evolve, and if he'll ever become the Clan's Leader!
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderut22 View Post
    Hiya! I already checked your application in Discord, and you did have my feedback! It's nice to see that you've improved on your story!

The story itself is a very enjoyable read, and clearly portrays your quirk, which I find interesting, and your understanding of the Honor Code.

I like the answers you've provided to the other questions; a minor nitpick I have about your whole app is that you could've expanded on the Yautja interaction side, but that's shown in the story a lot.

It'll be a +1 from me; can't wait to see how Do'Iash will evolve, and if he'll ever become the Clan's Leader!
    Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. I agree that the Yautja interaction section has a slight lack to it I'm sure I could've improved on it but I rushed it a tiny bit!. Thanks to your criticism I firmly believe I was able to develop Do'Iash into a fleshed-out, believable Yautja character and improve on my grammar errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read your story just before you put up this app. Both me and Sleepy agreed that it was a rather good story. It is well written and shows off your character well, nice backstory and the quirk is also shown rather well. I appreciate there being barely any grammatical errors, other than what was already pointed out with it's and its being used incorrectly, which doesn't matter at all. It's a nice example of a what a good pred story is like.

I am also satisfied with your answers to the questions, I personally don't see anything wrong with them so, yeah.

I haven't really seen you ingame, but that's most likely because I don't notice people that much. Fine forum activity, even though that doesn't truly matter too much, you've been around for quite a while too I see, since march.

I'll go ahead and give you a +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen them in game and played with them for little stints. They're fun to interact with and meet the standards expected for predators to RP at. Story is also good and has been shown off around the whitelist-help channel for several weeks, leading me to believe they're genuinely interested in the role and take it seriously enough. +1 for whatever it is worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post
    I read your story just before you put up this app. Both me and Sleepy agreed that it was a rather good story. It is well written and shows off your character well, nice backstory and the quirk is also shown rather well. I appreciate there being barely any grammatical errors, other than what was already pointed out with it's and its being used incorrectly, which doesn't matter at all. It's a nice example of a what a good pred story is like.

I am also satisfied with your answers to the questions, I personally don't see anything wrong with them so, yeah.

I haven't really seen you ingame, but that's most likely because I don't notice people that much. Fine forum activity, even though that doesn't truly matter too much, you've been around for quite a while too I see, since march.

Thanks ! I play on the EU timezone and I've largely spammed Xeno with only recently focusing more on SO

Quote Originally Posted by Corocan View Post
    I've seen them in game and played with them for little stints. They're fun to interact with and meet the standards expected for predators to RP at. Story is also good and has been shown off around the whitelist-help channel for several weeks, leading me to believe they're genuinely interested in the role and take it seriously enough. +1 for whatever it is worth.

Thanks Corocan, you were the first I asked for an opinion and your kind words really helped me !

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take a look on the story when I come back from the university.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonset55 View Post

No point in hashing out a full response. Good story. Super minor grammatical errors. Good answers. +1