User Tag List

Thread: A small change to Survivors I'd like to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A small change to Survivors I'd like to see.

I've been playing a lot of System Shock 2 lately and I got to thinking.

One of the things that lend the "Shock" games a lot of their mood and atmosphere is the numerous amount of audio logs that permeate them. I think it'd be neat if Survivors all started with Universal Recorders to let them make their own audio/text logs. Obviously, the amount of times this would be used would vary from player to player and whether or not people will actually read/listen to them is a coin flip, but I just think it'd be a neat little thing for Survivors to do. Maybe you could tie to the CL and have the CL incentivize the marines to pick up any transcripts/recorders the Survivors have used.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soapbar View Post
    I've been playing a lot of System Shock 2 lately and I got to thinking.

One of the things that lend the "Shock" games a lot of their mood and atmosphere is the numerous amount of audio logs that permeate them. I think it'd be neat if Survivors all started with Universal Recorders to let them make their own audio/text logs. Obviously, the amount of times this would be used would vary from player to player and whether or not people will actually read/listen to them is a coin flip, but I just think it'd be a neat little thing for Survivors to do. Maybe you could tie to the CL and have the CL incentivize the marines to pick up any transcripts/recorders the Survivors have used.
    Also remember to give them acid-proof recorders/folders/pieces of paper to prevent murderboing, dickish, powergaming and metagaming benos (or just benomains for short) to melt them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This and as I said in another thread, give them some sort of objective other than hiding in a locker for 30+ minutes. Maybe collect an item and deliver it to the CL or CO. Also, I think another good change could be to give all survivors basic radios on the same frequency to let them communicate with each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Survivors certainly is a position that is very difficult and seems more just like a thing to do rather than actually have something to do to give xenos extra sisters/ widdle the xenos down a couple runners and young T2s for the marines. It would be nice to see survivors something to do that would have big impact IMO.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw man I'd use this tons, I've taken to playing survivor a lot with the amount of dissapointment I have in the state of Bravo at the moment and I think this could make some okay RP
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Also remember to give them acid-proof recorders/folders/pieces of paper to prevent murderboing, dickish, powergaming and metagaming benos (or just benomains for short) to melt them.
    This.

Sadly few marines would listen to the logs, and giving the logs DEFCON-value would mean that they'd simply end up on the Intel Lab's dusty shelves.
    Perhaps survivors should spawn with full knowledge of several custom chemicals' synthesis processes, others with interesting intel which, if faxed to CL, would give the marines some bonuses, or perhaps some with knowledge about a certain security flaw in the Cheyenne-class dropships the USCM uses...

Of course, the knowledge would need to be added to the Survivors' note files (as in the IC->Notes tab), in order to encourage retrieving living survivors.
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good, altough I doubt any survivors concerned about well, surviving, would stop and start typing knowing full well that a runner is gonna pop out the vent and slash their feet off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be cool. Once a survivor took pictures of his journey. Him building a barricade, xenos at the barricades, a picture of a crusher left next to a bloodstain was the last one.