User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Special Survivors"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Special Survivors"

Greetings! I want to talk to you about special survivors.

What is it? Special survivor:
    - Spawn only in Solaris Ridge(maybe).
    - Spawn with internal bleeding or other bad wounds.
    - Spawn with special history.
    - Spawn as Unique Survivor

Example:
    You appear in the crashed ship(well, I played only three times as "special survivor" and you appear as a PMC or CL.) with history like:
    "You received a distress signal from Solaris Ridge and you decided to visit the colony and save survivors/CL, but by some reason, the dumb pilot set speed on full and you just crashed in the colony and got hurt badly! Now you need to survive!
    P.S you dunno what's happening on colony. Nothing."

So, how to survive with internal bleeding and xenomorphs in Solaris Ridge?
    That's a much difficult quest. 90% you gonna die.
    First! You need to get bicaridine pills or a quick clot. Wait, I forgot to say one thing.
    If you spawn as CL, you haven't medical skills, so you just can't open a pill's bottle. Well, you can find quick clot autoinjectors, so that can help you. Also, you can find a doctor-survivor, which can easily heal you!

Second! You need to get weapons from marshall/admins.

Third! You need to find good place to defend yourself from xenos(or you can try to hide in cabinet, lol)

But.

How many minutes do you need to collect weapons from Marshalls, medicines from the hospital? + You need to make barricades from Xenos. A lot.
    Time - your main enemy. What I want to say? I don't know how to survive as "special survivor"

So, I(and maybe not only I) need your advice on how to survive as a "special survivor".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find the most remote locker on the map and pop out every few minutes to pop more QC. Hope that the marines dont delay the drop with BS (they always do).

Also unless something changed all survivor roles can still open pill bottles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly with survivors its easy to survive if you just hide in a locker and occasionally click the screen so you don't disconnect. You really just need to sit there until marines find you and you can get out. There is really no incentive to get out of your hiding spot because odds are you will just get destroyed by a runner or a random passing alien. In general there should be more incentive to get out of your hiding spot, maybe each role needs to collect an item from their operational area or anything really. I really think that survivors could use an objective system of sorts.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPEPLUMSTOEAT View Post
    Honestly with survivors its easy to survive if you just hide in a locker and occasionally click the screen so you don't disconnect. You really just need to sit there until marines find you and you can get out. There is really no incentive to get out of your hiding spot because odds are you will just get destroyed by a runner or a random passing alien. In general there should be more incentive to get out of your hiding spot, maybe each role needs to collect an item from their operational area or anything really. I really think that survivors could use an objective system of sorts.
    Your one objective is to Survive and lockerhiding is one of the most reliable tactics to achieve it. What kind of objective might be more important than surviving? All survivors would do with the objective is to try to accomplish it after marines rescued them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly none of you people actually main survivor or play it frequently

There is nothing I despise more than people who sit in lockers while other survivors are still alive. Not only do you fuck over the OTHER survivors' chances of living since you may be someone like a doctor or engineer and cucking the group out of those skills, you're also fucking yourself over because there are xenos, myself included, who check every single locker in popular locations just to find you. Go fucking PB some xenos, don't play survivor just to hide in a locker and then cryo once you get to the Almayer. There is nothing fun in that.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devs should steal the feature where you start to suffocate if you stay inside a locker too long.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Former survivor main here. As someone who was unfortnuate enough to spawn in thr caves of LV, Spawning with wounds is fucking awful. It's not fun for anyone involved and it fucking sucks. Not only that, But CL already exist as a survivor role, and denying a survivor medical skills is basically saying "Fuck you, die."

And also, Just letting you know, Survivor RP can only work with a good shipside CL, which are barely real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ever spawn with IB, DO NOT EVEN DARE TO JUMP IN A LOCKER. NO, DON'T DO THAT, YOU WILL DIE. Instead, go raid the Medbay and get a surgical tray and a medical belt.

Roam the map or go to the normal survivor meta-spots and hope you find a survivor. They will be able to open the pill bottles for you and keep you alive; if there's a doctor, you can get surgery, assuming you toted some Suxamorycin with you somehow or got your hands on an Anesthetic Tank and Medical Mask. Or just pray you find a Synthetic Survivor, they'll be able to heal you up too.

Never hide in lockers, and if you're confident in your combat prowess never remain on the defensive. Marines are best in the offensive game and this goes for Survivors too! Raid the Armory for the shotguns, load Buckshot and just roam the map, killing xenos. I tried this once too, but the server crashed before I could kill a sentinel! There's nothing more frightening for xenos than roaming, skilled shotgun-wielding survivors, and they posess a real threat to the hive.

If you are unsure if you can reliably PB xenos (click their sprite on Harm Intent; if the xeno is moving towards you, click their sprite before they reach you to compensate for click delay and ping, giving you a free PB. Reminder that PB's work one-handed too, if wield delay wore off!), stay on the defensive, but fortify the shit out of your position and by that I mean building walls in front of your barricade lines, or even better, in front of shocked doors. This will delay the xenos until they get a Boiler, Crusher, or any caste big enough to rip open holes in walls, giving you a greater chance.

If you don't have time to set up walls, set up your barricades in a chokepoint configuration and always ensure you're PB'ing xenos slashing the shit out of your barricades. One of you should spam the blowtorch on the barricades, even to the expense of their eyesight; you should have a doc too, and at least 2 shotgunners waiting for sweet sweet PB's. When I used to main surv as Lynn Corbray I managed to survive most of the rounds by doing these tactics! Of course, minus the roaming tactic.

Once you get rescued, if the shipside CL isn't very fun or doesn't want to RP with you, find something interesting to do yourself. Be a cook! Be a crook! Rob the CO's safe, make some death-threats against the CL! Impersonate the CL and fax Wey-Yu requesting your own demotion! There are so many RP scenarios you can practice on the ship, and there are so many roles who would enjoy some fun RP, like the MP's, MT's and CL!
    Claire O'Reilly, the vitriolic Corporate Liaison!
    Cassie, the helpful Synthetic!
    Kre'Zuhl, the self-declared greatest worshipper of Thardha!

HRP Main to the Bone

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get a shottie and kill some beans before you die from blood loss

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Clearly none of you people actually main survivor or play it frequently

There is nothing I despise more than people who sit in lockers while other survivors are still alive. Not only do you fuck over the OTHER survivors' chances of living since you may be someone like a doctor or engineer and cucking the group out of those skills, you're also fucking yourself over because there are xenos, myself included, who check every single locker in popular locations just to find you. Go fucking PB some xenos, don't play survivor just to hide in a locker and then cryo once you get to the Almayer. There is nothing fun in that.
    IMO survivors shouldn't be an offensive force (in the ideal balance of the game, not as of how the game is balanced now). They should be a stealth oriented role, designed to hide from xenos, not outfight them. If you just want to run around shooting xenos with a shotty then pick squad marine. I don't remember the scene in aliens when newt grabbed a shotgun and with no regard for her life ran out and started PBing xenos.