User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Special Survivors"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really care about how survivors should or could be. Currently, you roam with shotguns or hold with a flamethrower. That's the role, and your reward is the possibility of RP on the Almayer and making roundstart xenos mad. I like that myself.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    Alexander Keys - Human (Command)
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPEPLUMSTOEAT View Post
    IMO survivors shouldn't be an offensive force (in the ideal balance of the game, not as of how the game is balanced now). They should be a stealth oriented role, designed to hide from xenos, not outfight them. If you just want to run around shooting xenos with a shotty then pick squad marine. I don't remember the scene in aliens when newt grabbed a shotgun and with no regard for her life ran out and started PBing xenos.
    One round, me and my crew killed 12 xenos and 1 lateround queen. Survivor offense is best

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're just facing a misunderstanding here. You seem to be talking about how they currently are right now, you think the best role for survivors in the current state of the game is to be fighting the xenos; I totally respect that. I'm and was talking more about what I think the ideal way that survivors should work, basically how they should be tweaked so they are different from the way they are now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect your opinion
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    , you're also fucking yourself over because there are xenos, myself included, who check every single locker in popular locations just to find you.
    That's why hiding in a locker is such a low-tier start for survivors.

You know how to hide? Press the button to disable the pump of a disposal outlet and then hide inside. Aliums can't check if you are inside one because they can't interact with disposal units and you can pop out when Marines arrive.

Granted, not all maps have a disposal pipe but If you see one, you win the game. gg no re

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destrok View Post
    Clearly none of you people actually main survivor or play it frequently

There is nothing I despise more than people who sit in lockers while other survivors are still alive. Not only do you fuck over the OTHER survivors' chances of living since you may be someone like a doctor or engineer and cucking the group out of those skills, you're also fucking yourself over because there are xenos, myself included, who check every single locker in popular locations just to find you. Go fucking PB some xenos, don't play survivor just to hide in a locker and then cryo once you get to the Almayer. There is nothing fun in that.
    I lockerhide almost 100% of the time now because its pretty much impossible to survive until the first drop with warriors grabs and runner bone-breaking.

I like to do CLF survivor RP (basically yelling at the marines, declaring myself as CLF when I first see them and shooting on sight from that point on) but even with a group that also wants to be CLF the chances of actually meeting marines to kill is low without hiding. A notable exception used to be the crashed ship on prison because it had turrets but it may have been blocked off at roundstart from what I saw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah the good times where survivors would won the round before the marines deployed.

Since the skill system kicked in (a massive nerf for survs) Survivor became a shitty and forbidden role, turned to shit on purpose for players that are masochists. They sole purpose was to tell the marines about the xenos and how they reproduce. In the present since we�re doing the Expected Contact thing they are 100% useless now. Even if you�re robust you will fail because actual buckshot is shit and going from full green to orange and blurry vision in one hit is a reality. You won�t survive unless like many said already, hide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it really worth it? Hiding isn't fun in my experience. Maybe a bit tense. There's no RP, there's no killing xenos, there's no adrenaline fueled scavenger hunt around the map for all the shit you need. I'd rather go out in a blaze of glory.
    Waiting for lagless CM
    Manuel Conrad - Human
    SA-D5 - Xenomorph
    Har'Kittak - Yautja
    Thomas - Synthetic

I'm awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiding is seriously not the way to go, take it from a survivor main, your vastly more likely to survive holding out or roaming than you are hiding, and when I see people hiding it makes me want to weld them in to their dam locker, wasting a role like that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine spawning in and being like

"aight time to hide in the same spot for 20 to 30 minutes"