User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite caste's and your best moments with them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favourite caste's and your best moments with them

All in the title, what's your favourite caste to play and some of your best moments against the tallhost menace or the headhunter stalkers.
    Plays:
    David Law, the Marine from Bravo Squad.
    Beyo Ze'stbeier, the Yautja.

Bravo is best, delta is too busy blowing themselves up.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt say it is my favorite class but runner has some of the best moments in my opinion. Getting people to friendly fire each other, pushing them into fire, things like that where I literally laugh out loud are super fun and memorable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun to ruin people's rounds as a warrior.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Runner is hilarious back when its tackle wasn't nerfed. Now though, I have to say Drone. Getting combat hugs on people is very satisfying, and the fact that you still have a decent tackle chance with 2 tackle flaws is great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warriors are what I prefer playing as, second to that are lurkers.

I'm still learning the ropes with warrior, but I find it to be the best capture class for xenos thanks to fling and lunge. If you come across a marine alone, it's a guaranteed no-risk capture. That makes warriors one of the best sort of supporting classes for xenos. One capture is essentially a kill + 1-7 new xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burrower or Drone.

Burrower is great to make a xeno-highway and to surprise tackle small groups of tallhosts, then run away, giggling. With faster weeds and boosted plasma, it can place weeds reliably at flanks as well. Probably my favourite after I burnt out a bit on Drones, but:
    Drone is extremely verstile and boosts everyone around them. Can protect itself against loners or pairs, though I rarely play combat drones. Spreading eggs and making random secure nests around the map can be incredibly comfortable for other castes. Sticky, sticky, sticky.

Cannot remember any best moments, I just generally love to support people.
    Maybe the biggest achievement of mine is taking out the SADAR spec as a burrower. But he was alone so, eh, not that big of a thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boiler! I love gassing people in a room or small spot.
    My best moment was when I gassed the Alamo when Marines were trying to evacuate and killed them all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sentinel. A good sentinel can take on a B18 spec if they are on weeds, and neurospam is really fun to use. Not fun when you are on the receiving end though.
    beast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lurker is pretty fun, you can be pretty slippery if the acid castes keep up on the flares. My best round though was s an ancient runner on Solaris Ridge, caused so much friendly fire that day, just zipping around forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the alien nerf: runner.
    1 vs 1's 1 vs 2 1 vs 3 were all possible and still gave me PVP shakes. The combat was fun and intense, if you fucked up you'd die. It was high-risk high-reward high-fun gameplay.
    One fun moment was snagging a medic west of medical (containers I think) there was a melted hole in one of the south walls so I just popped through there and devoured him before any help arrived (the area around was full of marines and cades). the dude salted quite a lot

Also a 1 vs 3 in hydro on LV (including the RPG) they hadnt unwrenched the trays yet and it was lowpop so I just used one guy as cover against the RPG so he couldnt shoot, danced above the trays and killed the first guy, pouncing the sadar in between that when he had clear LOS. I felt the PVP rush and it felt good

Two memorable rounds as crusher before the big nerf: I was a second generation alien in an ICE round and still got to crusher. In that choke excav caves I rammed, stomped and dragged off A LOT of marines, I allways anticipated a flank or something else but it never came. In that round I even decapped a marine that I wasnt even aiming for with my charge near garage. Later on I continued my rampage (this time only killing tho) on the almayer. Near the end of the 4 hour round I got named alpha and the queen got named omega because we were winning against all odds. She died in the very end to lag (it was 200 pop) and I was the last xeno/player standing and won the round. See my forum signature. My end kill/infection count was around 70. I did reach ancient crusher in the fighting on the almayer

Now? I dont really have a favourite caste, maybe crusher because ramming marines is still fun as fuck.
    Last edited by dasWurmtMich; 01-10-2019 at 12:37 AM.