User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite caste's and your best moments with them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually main crusher, it ramming marines at high speed never gets old and feels satisfying. Always a big risk too when running off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite moments are possibly those satisfying 1V1's. But there's some other satisfying moments otherwise.

I once played an elder prae, and we met the freelancers who were in cargo. I ran in, and just spammed that low cooldown elder neurotox like a madman, and I stunned ever single one of them whilst the other xenos in tow started to mess them up. It was so unfair and unbalanced I wanted to kill myself as much as I wanted to just maniacally laugh as if I'm some skewed xeno darth vader.

Getting elder as any tier three is just so satisfying in general. You can be a speedy ass boiler and run about spraying marines with no risk to your well being. On prison bad teamplay fugged us benos over. I was being chased down as boiler with just a hivelord as buddy. Whilst retreating further and further I kept spraying and gassing marines, as I was elder and they were a bit scared with good reason. Hivelord spamming doors gave me time to bombard as they broke down doors. Eventually I got cornered, and marines played off a gas chamber meme by killing me in a cell, resulting in the death of two more marines. It was a long round, and I had killed many, many marines... including my nemesis, the sniper. He was behind barricades too, didn't help him though.

As a lategame elder crusher, pretty much every round you get on the almayer and marines try to organise a push. Moments like these make me wonder how xenos can still loose on the almayer as you course through hallways knocking over marines... and more marines. Especially if it's only like 10 marine in a hallway, and you can double back to hit the other side of the hall. No one expects the double crush. It's practically impossible to flank the xenos on the almayer if they have a crusher. In one of these crusher rounds I had a freelancer being the only surviving one of their troup after I'd killed three of the others. He had a smg, and I just let him unload on my crest. Every single bullet deflected. He couldn't damage me. So I did as any decent xeno should do. Bully him by caressing him and taunting his little, fickle bullets. Bring a real rifle next time!

Being an ancient spitter is pretty filthy. Just running around stunning the whole front of a push, then have a boiler glob land on em. why do boilers exist.

I once played an an carrier in a lambda labs hive. Marines rushed us down naturally, and I knew such a bad hive location was doomed. I also saw a fuck whom I shant name but you know who you are you slimy bastard. Who wore earmuffs in the growd despite it being the first drop. It was at the lab entrance in the cave, like 10 marines facing the entrance. Boiler gassed the bend in the hallway, and out I came like some perverted rambo. I slammed that fucking hugger on his face in front of all his friends, and no amount of bullets could prevent it. By the time I got back the cloud was starting to dissipate and I fell in crit, but a drone pulled me out! The fecker later killed the queen with his earmuffs, or almost did so. I can't really remember. It was still very satisfying to punish that kind of powergaming lol. Even though I half wanted to give him a pat at the same time for not wanting to get dabbed on by unfair screech overpoweredness.

I once played a hivelord on ANOTHER lambda lab. I had grown up with another drone, and ever since we had been DEFENSE SISTAHS. We fortified that hive like you ain't never seen no fortifications. There was sticky, walls, sticky, sticky on your sticky, and heck we would've stickied the walls and the roof too if we could. Plasma mutators are amazing. Naturally, the marines rushed in, and killed many sisters. But they couldn't pass by our sticky. We held them back in a very small limited upper half of lambda, most of it claimed by those filthy crayon eaters. Hit and run constantly, me and my sis tackling marines as hivelords, and dragging them back to be finished off. We didn't have time for captures. No eggs, as that area had been compromised. We slowly wittled down the marines after a long time of hit n run with screech to back us up. Eventually we broke out, stickied under the colony. I even tried to wall off the marines, but they stopped me. I didn't die, and left some half-assed wall anyways that later hindered the marines, and helped us fall back. Every time they managed to push against our extremely small hive of 8 xenos or so, there was more sticky. More walls. More cover for those filthy xenos. I'd run around to sticky up flanks when I got to elder. Too much speed and health to be shut down. I opened flanks with those STRONG tier two arms, ripping through walls as if I were some ravager. Eventually me and my sis got to ancient, having hard carried the hive to victory. We even won the fight on the almayer, naturally an ancient empress is completely busted and no one can defeat one with even half a brain, thanks to armor reduction alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People often look down on sentinels, viewing them as nothing more than babysitters while the "real" warriors go out and fight.

This is despite the fact that, in the right hands, a sentinel can be as deadly as a lurker, moreso once they reach elder and up. Sure, they'll never truly be as good as a maxed out lurker or a ravager (let alone a spitter), but if you want a combat caste that doesn't take long to mature and has a decent counter to shotguns, the sentinel is your guy. Sure beats being a little runner, if you ask me...

Course, if I ever get the rare chance, I'd totally love to go for ravager. The ultimate hit and run caste, popping in and out of the darkness and mangling whoever they enter contact with before darting away, the glass cannon of the swarm. A good ravager can mean the difference between marines gaining ground or getting pushed off planet. Moreso if you have a queen healing them to keep them in the fight!

Shame it is so often a rat-race to get to T3, though... Thus, I grew good with what I could get. Better a well trained T1 than a player who can't fight for shit unless they are a T3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back when carriers were T3 I managed to evolve into one. The hive ended up sneaking into into LZ1 on Solaris via Tcomms tunnel. When the marines realized they decided to evacuate.

Unfortunately I got trapped on the dropship when it launched. Fortunately I was emmitting recovery, so recovered from my stun before they could. What followed was a horror movie where I hugged down 6+ marines before the CO BE'd me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an ancient defender.

>On marine ship

>Sees 3 friendly benos get downed

>Rushes in ahead to make a spear-head

>Fortifies

>Marine bullets ricochet and get absorbed by exoskeleton

>Marines throw lots of grenades, not realizing fortified defenders are immune to explosions, wasting like 12 'nades, and 1 goes off behind their fortifications.

>Un-foritfy and get back to cover with friendly benos saved and me virtually un-scathed.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

Anekcahap "Kneecap" Volkov
    Agent X41833N

"Some of the best words are never said, but are rather understood."