Byond ID?
    Kailey Prevatt

CM Character?
    Kailey 'Pinkie' Prevatt

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    +10

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    It varies but maybe an average of 12 hours a week, ideally?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, I was a mod for this small SS13 server called Colonial Marines.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Sometimes FO13, Eris when it's up.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Negative

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Nope!

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Not that I can recall, no.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    As long as noone else responded with returned fire, I'll heal any victims. Check through notes for history and see if it's a common occurrence, if not, note a warning, if so, consider a temp ban.
    If it's a involuntary discharge I'll let it be handled IC.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Ask them to submit a Pred report on the forums, Mods don't handle this kinda stuff, iirc.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Notify a mentor so they could try and help the guy out. Might try and help myself if it's not too busy.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Note and give a tempban for rule 3 and abusing ahelp system, 1-2 hours.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Ask them to change their name before the next round, and explain why it's against the rules. I'd put a note with the rule-breaking name with the warning.
    3h-1d ban if they keep failing to comply, round after round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This sounds like an IC issue.
    If the xenos are getting ready to board, or it's getting close to that time, I'd possibly give a warning for metagaming.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    It's an IC issue, If a Survivor has never shown any intention to be passive or friendly then this is fine.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Ask the MP what the offences were for, get evidence incase the marine was lying, If MP is in the wrong note if it's first time, consider MP ban if this has happened a few times.
    After handling MP, in the event MP is in the wrong, get another to let them out.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Possibly force the scanning report to encourage the marines, if they continue, tell the highest in command to get a move on.

If there's a mutiny going on wait until it's over, then wait a few minutes to see their next course of action, subtle message new leader to get a move on, or force scan report.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Since I'm directly involved I ahelp it and let other staff handle it.

If I HAD to handle it myself, I'd sleep medic in question, aheal marines, if they can't be salvaged. Check notes for similar conduct and consider Medical ban as well as general 3 hour ban if on a high warning.
    Though I doubt it will come to that.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    IC issue they're still technically hostile between eachother, doesn't apply to the EORG rules.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Sleep the suspect and get both sides, check the note history of both (just incase) and see if the suspect has a history of similar conduct.

If result is being shitter and not first time. Consider further action.
    If result is new occurrence, give warning and note.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I check with both sides to see if proper escalation was followed, if it was, IC issue.

If it was improper escalation, I explain to the person what they did wrong, then give them a warning, or consider further action if it's happened before.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Depending on how far it is, might consider letting them properly apply for a mutiny, notifying via OOC.

If too far along, let the Marines know via OOC to cut it out, if they don't try and sleep attackers before they can do anything. If they were ignoring me blatantly increase ban duration.
    Note and give a timed ban to the offenders, likely 1/2 hours or so, possibly more for the person, if there was a clear ringleader, who incited the mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Ask the person making the comments to tone it down, as they're offending people around them. A note doesn't seem necessary as they likely weren't intending to offend.
    If they were being fully serious, and it's obvious, give them a note.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Permaban on the spot, aheal victims and Let them know in the ban that they can appeal on the forum.

Clearly they were there to just grief and had no intention of playing the game properly.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Check the situation, I've seen scenes where players unintentionally run towards barricades in the panic upon chestbursting. Check note history for similar misconduct. If common occurrence, or notes indicate no interest in playing xeno, Xenoban.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Check for previous LRP conduct and consider Xeno Ban, as well as temp 3 hour ban, considering they probably didn't wanna play xeno anyway.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    It's not really LRP so I'd tell them to just ignore it and move on, explain why if they don't understand.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I let the Marine know about the new Expected Contact rules and link them the page, explain that marines now have basic knowledge of Xenos at roundstart.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Is this implying 2 people as well as the 2 marines fighting? if so, laugh as the pod explodes. If not then I guess it's kinda okay? If he tosses the other guy out then lets the other two live, it's a believable scenario, especially if xenos are on their tail.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Ahelp it since they're being a bit of an asshole.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue, wrong place wrong time.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I let them know in Msay so they can correct themself, or if they're not going back on it, apologize to the person and correct it maybe after checking with an additional staff member.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    If there are others in the chat, ask their opinion and suggest a vote, if concluded player didn't deserve ban then unban, with an apology and message admin to remove related notes.
    If the ban was decided deserved, ask the arguing staff to let it go and move on.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've been getting back into CM and noticing a lack of staff when I play. I'd like to return to my post in the deadshift to help out.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being approachable and tolerant, no matter how much you might want to choke someone. ^^

Anything else you
    You forgot to finish the question here I think.

Also I was kinda rushed since my PC is forcing a restart, so I'm happy to flesh out any answers if unclear. It's also 1am.

Also I'm not entirely sure what further action I might actually take if someone was a constant problem, I don't have that experience from my last time here, and I'd really like that explained to me a little, implying I get into trial.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you were listed as extended leave from mod back in October 2018 on the old forums. As its been almost a full year, you qualify to come back.
    Go ahead and send me a DM on discord, and we can talk about it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Returning mod from extended.
    Accepted