User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mynameajeff - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mynameajeff - Ban Appeal (Discord Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Mynameajeff
    Character Name?
    Mogu 'Prince' Stump
    Type of Ban?
    Discord Ban
    If jobban, which job are you appealing?
    N/A
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Melody#6969
    Total Ban Duration
    Unsure, probably permanent.
    Remaining Duration
    Forever?
    What other servers do you play on?
    Hippiestation, /vg/.
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Fulpstation, Yogstation, Paradise,
    Reason for Ban
    "Shitposting", I think?
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    First of all, I don't shitpost and I don't understand why people think they can just label something as a shitpost to devalue their opinion and ridicule them for no reason and even ban them for it. I think I've had more than enough away time from the discord for conjured up charges that are so contrived I can't even understand why they thought it was appropriate to apply this ban.

I want to make this clear, all of my opinions are legitimate and while they're sometimes low quality I don't think they count as shitposting, I even told the staff member who banned me that this was unacceptable in the following message.

"I don't know why you thought it was appropriate to ban me, I'm pretty sure you know this but I am constantly harassed for being a "shitposter" and I thought people on the staff team were supposed to protect people who got harassed but no, instead you ban me for it, it's honestly fucking disgusting. Do you know how upset I get when I'm called a shitposter and people dm me calling me an "autistic shitlord"? Do you know what I have to go through every day of my fucking life because people can't accept that people have different ideas than them? No you don't, do you understand why it's not OK just to ban people when you don't know what they go through?"

Now I will admit, this was a bit strong but what they DMed me prior was provocative and I was plain sick of people harassing me when I was on the discord just trying to discuss the mechanics of the game.

They continued to block me after this giving me no chance to state my case, blatantly ignoring my rebuttal. This was not me shitposting or whatever you want to call it, it was a targeted attack on my character in an attempt to get me silenced.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so Uh.

No.

For real tho, if you think the Discord mod acted inappropriate as a staff you should have filed a staff report. Because this, this is not an appeal but more like a report.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the person who banned you. I blocked you because I wasn't going to argue with you why you got banned. You broke rules, so I applied a ban. I told you to appeal on the forums as per procedure. You kept spam friending me so I blocked you.

This appeal shows zero understanding as to what you did wrong. You kept shitposting in basically every channel. Asking questions such as "is erp allowed asking for a friend" in staff help and the like despite warnings. Then I saw you once again shitposting in whitelist-help this:

You had a warning tag and kept shitposting. And in no way you can argue that you were being serious when you asked that.

Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I was the one who requested Discord Staff handle this, after I had warned you multiple times that shit posting in serious channels wasn't appropriate.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barring everything else, this says enough enough to me. Get me an approved ban appeal from those 3 servers, and have an admin/staff come over and vouch for you, or DM us on discord. When that happens, I'll go through and tell you the many other reasons why I don't have to read the first sentence of your appeal to disapprove your appeal.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    I am the person who banned you. I blocked you because I wasn't going to argue with you why you got banned. You broke rules, so I applied a ban. I told you to appeal on the forums as per procedure. You kept spam friending me so I blocked you.

This appeal shows zero understanding as to what you did wrong. You kept shitposting in basically every channel. Asking questions such as "is erp allowed asking for a friend" in staff help and the like despite warnings. Then I saw you once again shitposting in whitelist-help this:

You had a warning tag and kept shitposting. And in no way you can argue that you were being serious when you asked that.

I'm sorry but my actual question was is ERP allowed if its done in DMs, not "is ERP allowed" because that'd be a ludicrous question, also if you aren't aware this quoted "incident" was actually regarding the suggestion to add a "thigh thickness" slider to preds in an issue, which I found to be an interesting take on predator gameplay.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sargash View Post

Barring everything else, this says enough enough to me. Get me an approved ban appeal from those 3 servers, and have an admin/staff come over and vouch for you, or DM us on discord. When that happens, I'll go through and tell you the many other reasons why I don't have to read the first sentence of your appeal to disapprove your appeal.
    I don't understand what you mean, Paradise is nothing like our server's niche, nor is Fulpstation. These bans are unrelated to anything that could have possibly happened on our server as my yogstation ban was for IC in OOC after I was personally grudged on by the staff team. Paradise I was banned for greytiding which all I did was steal the HoS laser when they tried to gun me down, and these servers are proven to be awful anyway with their massive amounts of furry players.

Those servers personally grudged against me and have corrupt staff systems, I wasn't even legitimately banned from paradise since they didn't care about the context of the situation and how the Head of Security literally tried to shoot me for having a stunbaton so I stunbatoned them and stole their laser gun. Yogstation banned me because the council members disliked me on a personal level, especially kmc, Fulpstation banned me for contrived charges because they didn't like me.

You're literally using the same logic and disapproving my appeal because you have personal bias and a grudge against me. I thought staff members were supposed to be impartial. You've already admitted you don't care about my appeals and want me to stay banned because of your personal bias.4

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, since I can't edit my replies, the issue in question is this "https://gitlab.com/cmdevs/ColonialMarines/issues/7295" and your argument is actually false, I tried to friend you twice, once after you unfriended me when I tried to respond to your messages you DMed me and you blocked me after I told you what was happening, you're blatantly misrepresenting the situation to save your credibility. You say you blocked me literally to silence me so I couldn't state my case, this behavior is unfitting for a staff member.

Once again, I do not shitpost and I've been wrongfully kicked from the discord for "shitposting" when my questions and beliefs are stated. I don't understand why you have to ban someone because they have a different origin and outlook than you, yes, I ERP, I make that no secret, I've stated multiple times that I play on Bad Deathclaw and Citadel. I'm not being ironic or edgy when I'm asking about ERP and I honestly think that CM should reconsider its rules against ERP yet just a few days ago my thread for rule #1 discussion was sent to Acid Goop because a staff member said "it's a shitpost" without reading it or understanding that it's a legitimate argument.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say you blocked me literally to silence me so I couldn't state my case, this behavior is unfitting for a staff member.
    I blocked you because DMs is not a place to discuss bans. You can appeal a ban on the forums, not in my DMs.

Either way this is not a place to argue about what I did. If you think I banned you wrongly you can staff report me, but I assure you I did what any other staff member would.
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 10-04-2019 at 04:31 AM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I am not discord staff, I want to clear something up for you.

If you want us to take you more seriously, and truly aren�t shitposting, you need to behave more seriously. You do say a lot of memey stuff and you have been warned countless times not to. I�m not going to say the same as Sargash, but I do think you need to shape up before I�m ready to let you back onto discord.

If you can go two months without getting into any trouble in-game and here on the forums then I�ll support an unban, and I believe that the discord staff likely will too.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001