Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Griffith - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    Griffith78

Player Name You Use Most?
    Donald Weinstein

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    N/A

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    From what I've observed, BE is best used as a last resort to deal with a threat to the operation.

If diplomacy fails, the MPs are absent or unable to contain the threat then I would consider using the BE but only if it was very serious such as a marine open firing on his fellows.

As a leader it is the commander's job to care for his troops and even love them, having to kill one should be a hard choice and not taken lightly.

It is different from the regular execution as it enables the immediate removal of a dangerous threat with little time for roleplay. Whereas regular executions happen to marines that are already in the brig due to their actions.

I would prefer this happen whenever possible compared to a BE as it would generally provide a better experience for the player.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    I would hold the staff of the ship to high standards and be vocal about that fact. I would do my best not to interfere and micromanage the crew as I trust that if they are in that role they are either already good at it or willing to learn.

As such I would happily allow the MPs to deal with crimes as per their code of conduct. But would encourage them to not be gung-ho and attempt dialogue before they pull a taser. I would only intervene if I found them to be acting in such a way that causes great strife among the crew.

As for the SO, I would either direct the XO or take the time myself to explain how to do the job right. People tend to learn best in a mentoring environment and punishing the SO would make the problem worse rather than fix it. Although it took a little time away from our duties it would be a good investment, as having competent SOs is vital to operational success.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The Commander is responsible for overseeing and directing the entire crew of the USS Almayer and running the mission. It is their job to motivate the Marines to victory by giving tactical orders, feeding them selective information as to not lower morale and praising their good deeds.

I have won many rounds as XO without a Captain so I have had a good chance to learn what works and what does not.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    As others have mentioned I believe having the helmet cam option at the commander's computer would be beneficial for a few reasons.

Running around the CiC stealing the helmet cams from the SOs while wildly shouting on the radio is a good way to cause chaos. This can lead to a tactical breakdown or as a marine would say "Command doesn't know what its doing".

Adding it is an arguably powerful tool as such, perhaps it should be reserved only for commanders like awarding medals is.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I have extensive experience as an XO and SO. This has allowed me to observe the command style of many others and adopt one of my own.

As a whitelisted commander, I will contribute by using my experience and knowledge to provide fun rounds for the players, while at the same time encouraging good roleplay as that is something very important to me.

It also would give me the chance to share that with those who want to learn such as SOs and XOs.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    Donald first joined the corps as an LT fresh out of the USCM military college. He was quickly stationed to the USS Almayer and began work in the CiC. Due to his tactical prowess and keen observational skills, he did well and was promoted to XO.

During a heated operation where a colony had been attacked by the CLF, Donald and Captain Vincent worked tirelessly in the CIC to ensure minimum losses of both the men and the colonists while trying to find a flank. The Commander finally found a flank on the enemy and left Donald in charge to deploy and lead it himself. The commander was unfortunately killed during the ground-side flank, leaving Donald and a few SOs left up in CiC with a grim outlook.

He then held an emergency meeting with the command staff and instructed the SOs to have three squads deploy in a triangle formation and lure the enemy ahead. One squad coordinated the OB while the other two killed the rest of the enemy that survived the blast. The fourth squad in the meantime evacuated the colonists to safety.

Upon the conclusion of this operation, Donald was promoted to the Commander position due to him taking the operation from the brink of failure and turning it into a success even after the terrible death of Captain Vincent.
    Last edited by Griffith78; 01-06-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neutral for now. How many characters are you using and what squad you main? So I can see your gamestyle and how you roleplay in-character.

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    Neutral for now. How many characters are you using and what squad you main? So I can see your gamestyle and how you roleplay in-character.
    I only play Donald .Normally I main XO, but sometimes play doctor or delta squad medic. I have however played all roles on the ship.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffith View Post
    I only play Donald .Normally I main XO, but sometimes play doctor or delta squad medic. I have however played all roles on the ship.
    Alright. What's your time zone, man?

Community Mentor
    11-14-2019

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChengChan View Post
    Alright. What's your time zone, man?
    My timezone is UTC -4 (Atlantic Canada). I generally play early in the morning or late at night, which tends to be lowpop. Although I have played at all different times of the day.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've seen you before, but generally around lowpop so I don't get too many chances to see you in action.

Going to be neutral until I see more of you.

(edit)

Well you've managed to convince me you can handle pressure and your skill in Commanding were above exceptional. You won an LZ2 Ice Deployment with minimal help from me. I dont know what else to say other than

+1, Good luck Captain.
    Last edited by Bancrose; 01-07-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive seen Donald before, and while he doesnt do command roles as often as others he does do them and he does them well.
    Your answers and app looks good.

Ill give it a +1

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing a lot of effort on the background history and something that I hate is that.

Although... I seen you has XO several times and you do a pretty well job, wouldn't mind you has CO.

+1 from me.
    Last edited by edgardo; 01-07-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go with what others have said. Though I've never seen you play before I'm able to trust my other Commodores on this. Also, your application is half decent. +1

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The name rings a bell, in a positive sound I can say. I dont remember much of you in-game, maybe due to different playtimes, however your application looks good and I cant really disagree with most of what�s written.

Delivering +1. Good luck and do proud.