User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if you wanted to RP, but CM said NO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you wanted to RP, but CM said NO.

I'm sorry, as of late I feel as if the server has been on a downward spiral, with the newer players it seems as if CM is wholly rejecting RP with the Expected Combat rule-set as well as some development choices by the developers. They've made it very clear they don't care about role-play and they want to make CM into a soulless play-to-win game instead of a role-play experience.

This in addition to there being a staff stigma against me, which they've made evidently clear as they've put personal bias into whenever they deal with me, especially in appeals, reports and applications. I've done nothing wrong to them and yet they go out of their way to ignore my communications to them be it IC or in Ahelp, they never seem to respond and I've even been told by them that they won't respond because it's me.

In my eyes, CM is just turning for the worse and it's rejecting the players that originally made up the player-base which came for a unique combat role-play experience, not some Call of Duty in SS13.

If I think the server is embracing a more role-play friendly approach I may return, but as it stands I just don't think I fit it with the current state of CM.

Weyland-Yutani Corp.

Building Better Worlds.

Mogu Stump
    Special Projects Director.
    Special Services Division.

EDIT: And now this is especially permanent, especially since the whole Weston-Yamada deal completely ruining any semblance of an aliens roleplay atmosphere. The flame won't last forever my friends. I might hop on to observe and start an argument in deadchat, but I can't stomach playing a game where counter-intuitive arguments like "we're not going to allow people to voice their opinions if it's not in our interest" is determined to be OK by everyone.
    Obvious signs of a turn toward combat instead of RP have existed, and this wholeheartedly confirms my suspicions. Guess there's no aliens roleplay here anymore. Ciao.
    Last edited by mynameajeff; 12-28-2019 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Just a bit of added information.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you shitpost your app into a Jojo meme and get called out for it, but still wanna shitpost so you make a post about how there's no RP because of a ruleset that increased RP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic epic epic

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tfw you dont realize the problem is not the server but you
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok bye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcuteCircle View Post
    tfw you dont realize the problem is not the server but you
    Okay holocaust denier, keep using scapegoats and see how far it gets you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameajeff View Post
    Okay holocaust denier, keep using scapegoats and see how far it gets you.
    Fascinating-but-irrelevant.jpg

I only have so many twigs to throw into the bonfire.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameajeff View Post
    I'm sorry, as of late I feel as if the server has been on a downward spiral, with the newer players it seems as if CM is wholly rejecting RP with the Expected Combat rule-set as well as some development choices by the developers. They've made it very clear they don't care about role-play and they want to make CM into a soulless play-to-win game instead of a role-play experience.

This in addition to there being a staff stigma against me, which they've made evidently clear as they've put personal bias into whenever they deal with me, especially in appeals, reports and applications. I've done nothing wrong to them and yet they go out of their way to ignore my communications to them be it IC or in Ahelp, they never seem to respond and I've even been told by them that they won't respond because it's me.

In my eyes, CM is just turning for the worse and it's rejecting the players that originally made up the player-base which came for a unique combat role-play experience, not some Call of Duty in SS13.

If I think the server is embracing a more role-play friendly approach I may return, but as it stands I just don't think I fit it with the current state of CM.

Weyland-Yutani Corp.

Building Better Worlds.

Mogu Stump
    Special Projects Director.
    Special Services Division.
    Hehe, boiiii, let me tell you:
    CM was never "RP" oriented in standard rounds. From the first time beno was spawned, there was no natural RP to begin with. Apop and Feweh days were just about benos (entities with 0 rules, faster, stronger, healthier etc) VS marines with fuck ton of rules just for them to die via benos.

Expected combat, or whatever never ever reduced RP levels which were already non-existant. In the worst case scenario they did nothing, in best they make it better.

What I'm about to write might be shut down because I'm just "toxic salty marine main with clear note history", but: Benos are the biggest cause of LRP. You can't speak with them, you can't bargain with them, you can't capture them, you can't study them, you can't dissect them, you can only die, or be captured by them. They are super fast, they heal super fast and they don't slow down when they are hurt on top of that.

It's like expecting/forcing standard SS13 station (even those marked as "heavy-RP") players will RP during infestation of super-greytide-assistants. They will try first few times, but after another death during typing, they will fuck this and start shooting instead of typing.

Any event that removes benos improves RP, not only because it's something new. Every kind of event (not a meme one) have a bit slower gameplay, you can even talk with enemies on HvH, you can capture them, you can interrogate them etc. Cool stuff, few adjustements and it would be marvelous.

Benobias, not getting responses to faxes as CL, boring and repetitive. It's unique in a bad way.

Rework HvH, make a week of pure HvH "events" that run themselfs. Then we will see skyrocketing in RP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See you next week Cheng